Does Glenn Greenwald support voter suppression?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 08:56:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Does Glenn Greenwald support voter suppression?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Poll
Question: ?
Yes

No

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 37

Author Topic: Does Glenn Greenwald support voter suppression?  (Read 1798 times)
afleitch
Moderators
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2021, 01:20:38 PM »

I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2021, 01:28:10 PM »

The fact everyone is so obsessed about him when there’s tons of people saying much worse stuff and are treated as irrelevant makes me think Glenn is right about most things (not all, some are dumb or self-centered) and makes people super pressed because they are uncomfortable truths lol.

Kinda like when Bernie used to be an online target from liberals as well.

Unfortunately, Glenn is still very relevant.  He has a big audience and despite no longer being associated with them, his publication The Intercept is still the #1 source of left-wing hit pieces on Democrats.

What’s the problem with having The Intecept leftist hit-pieces against Democrats, only right-wing ones are allowed? Shouldn’t be media contesting all parties from all sides, at least if a free media exists?

Honestly, I think most of the publicity he gets nowadays are from critics who elevate everything he says and he purposefully got more incendiary against democrats when he realized he got more media from angry democrat voters attacking him lol.

Because it made possible for him to occupy the position of THE most important guy who attacks Democrats from the left. Which naturally gives him an identity that translates into more clicks and more “power”.

From my perspective a lot of his criticisms are valid, especially how Obama surveillance disrespected individuals privacy and spied to interfere on foreign countries, many others recent criticisms aren’t.

But if people think he’s starting to be less serious and more provocative just for the media sake, I think it makes no sense to want to amplify his voice to a larger audience when that’s probably his goal.

When I dislike someone I don’t want to know what they’re saying, which is why I think the goal from people is more about discrediting his journalist work, which outside Twitter takes, are pretty good. What he did against Bolsonaro and his car-wash Minister was extremely significant for me at least.

I follow him for the good journalism stuff and whenever he has a dumb hot take about some stuff or starts acting like a celeb I just ignore and try to scroll past the low-quality telenovela drama.

He doesn't really attack the Democrats from the left though. More like he attacks from the right and then pretends he's attacking them from the left.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2021, 01:30:03 PM »

Probably.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies