Pew: Only 8% of Americans Say Marijuana Should Be Totally Illegal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 03:41:37 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Pew: Only 8% of Americans Say Marijuana Should Be Totally Illegal
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: Pew: Only 8% of Americans Say Marijuana Should Be Totally Illegal  (Read 1701 times)
Pedocon Theory is not a theory
CalamityBlue

Political Matrix
E: -7.94, S: -8.61

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 19, 2021, 02:38:55 PM »

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2021/04/16/americans-overwhelmingly-say-marijuana-should-be-legal-for-recreational-or-medical-use/
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 02:48:17 PM »

lol outlawing a plant. 
Penn_Quaker_Girl
Junior Chimp
India

Political Matrix
E: 0.10, S: 0.06

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 03:23:39 PM »

#CancelCilantro

Awful stuff.  The worst, folks. 
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2021, 03:39:39 PM »

That's actually genetic.

To me, it tastes like how freshly-mown grass smells.    I don't get that visceral reaction to it that some people experience.

For me: leave it in, or take it out.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2021, 03:52:45 PM »

I'm glad to know I'm a part of the 31% who wants cannabis only to be legalized for medicinal use.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2021, 03:57:04 PM »

How about people who think it should only be legal for recreational use?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2021, 05:15:36 PM »

I want to meet the 3% of Liberals and 5% of Democrats I think it should be completely illegal. Straight edge types and politically liberal Mormons? The latter maybe involving the last few remaining demosaurs?
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2021, 07:17:09 PM »

Marijuana is going to be the next gay marriage in terms of the sudden massive surge in support that got it legalized and I think it will be legal federally and in all 50 states within the next 20 years or so.

Once the corporations realize how much money there is in the cannabis industry, they'll get the politicians they control to legalize it so they can sell it to the masses and make billions doing it. You'll be able to get weed at Walmart. Walmart will treat your local pot dealer the same way they treat mom and pop shops in the small towns they move into. They'll be advertising $15 eighths of various strains in their weekly circulars right next to the alcohol.  

My yes vote on Proposal 1 in 2018 was the best vote I've ever cast. I very much enjoy cannabis and I probably wouldn't have ever bothered if it was still illegal due to my anxieties.

"I think marijuana should be legal and mandatory. So when you're stuck in traffic on your way home from work and some a***ole behind you is like ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh on their horn, you can just get out, walk up to his car and be like 'Shut up and smoke that. It's the law!'"

-Bill Hicks
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2021, 07:26:42 PM »

Who opposes it?

Rudy Giuliani, Chris Christie, Joe Biden, Joe Lieberman, etc...
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2021, 08:40:53 AM »

I'm glad to know I'm a part of the 31% who wants cannabis only to be legalized for medicinal use.

Why’s it any of your business if someone wants to smoke a plant recreationally?
roxas11
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2021, 08:54:40 AM »

I always wonder what these polls would look like if they asked people how many of them would actually work with someone who was high on the Job

for exsample whould they be willing to be around a fork lift driver at a warehouse who was high on recreational Marijuana....

I only ask this because I have worked with a few guys in the past who came to work high and things did not turn out well
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2021, 08:57:49 AM »

I always wonder what these polls would look like if they asked people how many of them would actually work with someone who was high on the Job

for exsample whould they be willing to be around a fork lift driver at a warehouse who was high on recreational Marijuana....

I only ask this because I have worked with a few guys in the past who came to work high and things did not turn out well

What is this supposed to be about?
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #12 on: April 20, 2021, 08:58:54 AM »

Because of my personal religious beliefs against the usage of drugs, that's why.
Property Representative of the Harold Holt Swimming Centre
TheTide
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -1.03, S: -6.96

P P P
« Reply #13 on: April 20, 2021, 09:05:10 AM »

"Medicinal" is a bit ambiguous, isn't it? What about those who use it to deal with stress, or depression?
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #14 on: April 20, 2021, 09:05:52 AM »

Probably the same as people who say that they would work with someone who is drunk on the job.
Lexii, harbinger of chaos and sexual anarchy
Alex
Junior Chimp
Argentina

« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2021, 09:06:09 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 11:07:56 AM by Alex »

I always wonder what these polls would look like if they asked people how many of them would actually work with someone who was having gay sex in front of the clients

for exsample whould they be willing to be around a fork lift driver at a warehouse who was doing it while giving another dude a BJ....

I only ask this because I have worked with a few girls in the past who came to work and was f'ing other girls in the workplace did not turn out well
Would these people really support leaglizing gay sex?

ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.71, S: -3.22

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2021, 09:17:15 AM »

I very much enjoy cannabis and I probably wouldn't have ever bothered if it was still illegal

This is a very good argument against legalization
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2021, 09:31:58 AM »

Because of my personal religious beliefs against the usage of drugs, that's why.

That’s just, like, your opinion, man.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 09:39:51 AM »

Why can't you just leave others alone if they're not bothering you or hurting anyone? Why do you have to be all up in people's business?
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 09:53:32 AM »

Why can't you just leave others alone if they're not bothering you or hurting anyone? Why do you have to be all up in people's business?

They are hurting someone; themselves. Plus it is bothersome to others if you’re high in public and/or smell like it
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 09:54:16 AM »

They are hurting someone; themselves. Plus it is bothersome to others if you’re high in public and/or smell like it

Tell it to the poll.

Besides, edibles are the future.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 10:36:40 AM »

Would it have been better if they showed up drunk to work? Should we ban alcohol because people show up drunk to work as I'm sure they have to your job?

I think that should answer your question.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 10:38:05 AM »

I think you are failing to emphasize the word "personal" in your position. Surely you have to admit that is a poor reason to limit other people's use of intoxicants. That's like saying if I have a religious prohibition against alcohol we should reinstitute prohibition.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 10:40:15 AM »

Citation needed for the first sentence. Regarding the second, public intoxication is legal. If someone smells like cigarette smoke, deal with it. Making it a law is petty and self-centered
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 10:47:49 AM »

Citation needed for the first sentence. Regarding the second, public intoxication is legal. If someone smells like cigarette smoke, deal with it. Making it a law is petty and self-centered

Do I seriously need to give a citation? Here you go I guess: https://www.cdc.gov/marijuana/health-effects.html
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies