Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:05:37 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
Author Topic: Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"  (Read 2415 times)
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: April 20, 2021, 06:11:31 PM »

1. This statement really isn't as controversial as it' being made out to be. "Confrontational" might have been a poor word choice, but why shouldn't protesters continue being angry about this and emphasizing how important it is to them? Protests are inherently based out of anger and civil disobedience. Sure, it would be ideal if all protests consisted of people simply holding hands and singing "Cumbaya," but that is far from realistic, especially with police presences that often escalate the situations they're monitoring.

2. Maxine Waters does not have the influence that her critics seem to think she has. Protesters aren't hanging on her every word and taking cues from her to be more outraged than they already are. She isn't Trump.

Because we had an actual coup attempted three and a half months ago. While I do not think Rep. Waters comments are identical to Donald Trump's, and I think circumstances are different, that does not make what she said helpful or good. All Democrats, particularly those in office, should be providing a clear counterexample to the treasonous actions of Donald Trump and his Republicans, not toeing a similar line.

Well don't get me wrong, her comments certainly haven't helped, especially if it does somehow leads to an appeal for Chauvin.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies