Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 12:09:28 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
Author Topic: Maxine Waters wants the mob to get "more confrontational"  (Read 2412 times)
Hermit For Peace
hermit
Junior Chimp

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 19, 2021, 07:16:31 PM »

But, Floyd was obviously high, he should of gotten into the car

May be so, but the officer had no right to murder him the way he did. Way out of proportion to the crime.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #51 on: April 19, 2021, 07:20:00 PM »

Freedom of speech, remember? If conservatives seriously believe that words are just words and that you can say anything that you want because the First Amendment allows all speech, then they should leave Maxine Waters alone.
Alben Barkley
KYWildman
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.97, S: -5.74

P P
« Reply #52 on: April 19, 2021, 07:21:34 PM »

Freedom of speech, remember? If conservatives seriously believe that words are just words and that you can say anything that you want because the First Amendment allows all speech, then they should leave Maxine Waters alone.

She’s free to speak, but she really f—king shouldn’t if this is what she’s gonna say.

It’s like she and Tlaib are already trying to ensure Dems get wiped out next year.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #53 on: April 19, 2021, 07:24:52 PM »

Maxine Waters is free to say what she wants, just as the rest of us are free to call her a borderline-illiterate race-baiting partisan hack.
PSOL
Atlas Icon

« Reply #54 on: April 19, 2021, 08:06:13 PM »

Exactly what is Water’s angle with this? I see no signals that she is going to seek higher office and she is not a radical politician when it comes to her voting record. Does she just like attention?
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #55 on: April 19, 2021, 08:25:13 PM »

2. Maxine Waters does not have the influence that her critics seem to think she has. Protesters aren't hanging on her every word and taking cues from her to be more outraged than they already are. She isn't Trump.

Again, it doesn't matter whether or not Waters succeeds in inciting violence. The point is that she is trying to intimidate the jury by not-so-subtly implying that an unfavorable verdict will be met with widespread looting and destruction.

The judge just said that her actions could be cause for an appeal.

He's throwing the defense a bone, or rather telling defense counsel he found insufficient evidence so to take it up with the court of appeals. There ain't enough here barring some affirmative evidence being placed on the record that the jurors ignored their sequestration orders, and saw Waters statement, and indicated they might have been materially affected by. None of that occurred here.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #56 on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:41 PM »

Imagine the f**king belly laugh that Chauvin's defense team surely let out when they saw that she said this. I'm sure it (probably) won't end up mattering in the end, given that the defense would've appealed anyway - no matter what - for any potential reason that they could've possibly thought of, but still. Jesus.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #57 on: April 19, 2021, 08:57:58 PM »

Maxine Waters is free to say what she wants, just as the rest of us are free to call her a borderline-illiterate race-baiting partisan hack.

Remember that when you are chastising people for criticizing conservatives. And that hack certainly has accomplished more than you ever have. What do you do?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #58 on: April 19, 2021, 09:13:22 PM »

Remember that when you are chastising people for criticizing conservatives. And that hack certainly has accomplished more than you ever have. What do you do?

I've never "chastised" anyone for criticizing conservatives. And nice try, but I don't post my accomplishments on Atlas for fear of endangering my anonymity and thus my political career.
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #59 on: April 19, 2021, 09:13:24 PM »

1. This statement really isn't as controversial as it' being made out to be. "Confrontational" might have been a poor word choice, but why shouldn't protesters continue being angry about this and emphasizing how important it is to them? Protests are inherently based out of anger and civil disobedience. Sure, it would be ideal if all protests consisted of people simply holding hands and singing "Cumbaya," but that is far from realistic, especially with police presences that often escalate the situations they're monitoring.

2. Maxine Waters does not have the influence that her critics seem to think she has. Protesters aren't hanging on her every word and taking cues from her to be more outraged than they already are. She isn't Trump.

Because we had an actual coup attempted three and a half months ago. While I do not think Rep. Waters comments are identical to Donald Trump's, and I think circumstances are different, that does not make what she said helpful or good. All Democrats, particularly those in office, should be providing a clear counterexample to the treasonous actions of Donald Trump and his Republicans, not toeing a similar line.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2021, 05:57:13 AM »

Whether it's intentional or not, that language is inappropriate and could cause harm. People don't need to be more confrontational. The Democratic Party should not defend this, and she should apologise. She and other politicians should emphasize that protest must be non-violent, fortunately most of them are doing that.

Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2021, 06:29:48 AM »

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

The "rioters killed Brian Sicknick with a fire estinguisher" narrative pushed by the dishonest media was debunked.  It's completely false.

There was one individual killed on 1/6.  I wonder what her name was...
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2021, 07:05:41 AM »

Floyd contributed to his own demise, he didn't get in back of police car, they kept on putting him in the back seat and he refused, but the officers wanted to establish control, that's something that BLM doesn't want to talk about
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2021, 07:37:48 AM »

Whether it's intentional or not, that language is inappropriate and could cause harm. People don't need to be more confrontational. The Democratic Party should not defend this, and she should apologise. She and other politicians should emphasize that protest must be non-violent, fortunately most of them are doing that.

I'm not surprised Pelosi is defending Waters, who has always been one of her closest political allies in the House.
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2021, 07:44:41 AM »

She should just retire or be primaried.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2021, 07:51:27 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 07:55:06 AM by MR. KAYNE WEST »

Maxine Waters isn't retiring after Rs are keeping Cruz and Hawley for their role in Insurrectionists call it hypocrisy, she is my Congresswoman

But, as I said many times Floyd contributed to his own demise by not getting into car, resisting arrest and the family gotten 27 M that's why if Officer is Acquitted there won't be any Civil Trial like Rodney King

Breyona family was compensated heavily, there was no Civil Trial there either

Daunte West family will get monies, that's why Jackson and LeBron aren't protesting, due to compensated for families
roxas11
United States

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 08:07:08 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 08:32:58 AM by roxas11 »

Yet when Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley actually incited real violence that got people killed the GOP refused to hold any of them accountable for their actions....

The "rioters killed Brian Sicknick with a fire estinguisher" narrative pushed by the dishonest media was debunked.  It's completely false.

I never made any reference to Brian Sicknick in my original post nor did I ever make any claims about him being killed with a fire extinguisher

I simply stated that people did lose their lives because of that riot and as you correctly pointed out the 1 person who was shot that day was a Trump supporter. But that does not change the fact that she would still be alive if Trump had not told her to march to that capital in the first place. There is no question his actions as well as others played a big role in why that poor woman pointlessly lost her life that day.

In the end she was lied to about the election by the very people she trusted the most Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley
roxas11
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2021, 08:27:23 AM »
« Edited: April 20, 2021, 08:34:28 AM by roxas11 »

Floyd contributed to his own demise, he didn't get in back of police car, they kept on putting him in the back seat and he refused, but the officers wanted to establish control, that's something that BLM doesn't want to talk about

Sorry but I got to call BS on this one
Floyd told them multiple times about what the problem was and in his own words

"I don't want to win. I'm claustrophobic and I've got anxiety. I don't want to do nothing to them."

He repeatedly apologized to the officers and complaining of claustrophobia and anxiety before eventually being restrained on the ground. This was not a case of some violent thug tying trying to fight the cops and was forced to be put down

This was a guy telling them at the start about his claustrophobia /anxiety and apologised to the cops because of that. I don't for 1 second blame Floyd at all for something like that and I believe that the officer simply should have handled that situation better
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2021, 10:42:42 AM »

I never made any reference to Brian Sicknick in my original post nor did I ever make any claims about him being killed with a fire extinguisher

I simply stated that people did lose their lives because of that riot and as you correctly pointed out the 1 person who was shot that day was a Trump supporter. But that does not change the fact that she would still be alive if Trump had not told her to march to that capital in the first place. There is no question his actions as well as others played a big role in why that poor woman pointlessly lost her life that day.

In the end she was lied to about the election by the very people she trusted the most Trump, Ted Cruz, and Josh Hawley

Let's not forget the woman trampled to death while, NP chironji, carrying a don't tread on me flag. Plus the guy who died of a heart attack after tasering himself in the balls while attempting to steal Capitol Property.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2021, 02:40:49 PM »

Journalism with big J.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2021, 02:55:05 PM »

Journalism with big J.

She should have been asked to clarify.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2021, 04:08:31 PM »

Guilty on all counts,
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2021, 04:31:28 PM »

She should just retire or be primaried.

I would hope so, but unfortunately, Waters will only be leaving Capitol Hill feet first.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2021, 04:38:46 PM »

That's what Trump said on 1-6
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2021, 04:39:55 PM »

That 50K a yr job is to serve and protect not choke hold citizens, it's privileged to be a cop or a firefighter and Floyd family got justice along with their 27M judgement

The jury didn't want to CONVICT just on Manslaughter, he can get out in 3 short yrs
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies