New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 08:32:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]
Author Topic: New Unicameral-Subregional Plan Proposal  (Read 3423 times)
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #100 on: May 19, 2021, 12:25:30 PM »

Fifth constitution? Are there any other planned changes? Or is it that the reform is too large that it is best to call it a new constitution?

This is semantics really but I always looked at this as more of a "Constitution 4.5" or something like that Tongue

I guess the reform is large enough that it is best to consider it a new constitution even if a majority of the text isn't actually new.
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #101 on: May 19, 2021, 02:00:13 PM »

I don't like subregions having Senators. Each region having the same representation in the Senate regardless of population is acceptable because the Senate is designed to represent the sovereign interest of regions. These subregions are nothing but an arbitrary collection of states. They are not equal in population nor are they sovereign entities, so they should not have a Senator each.
Peanut
Costa Rica

« Reply #102 on: May 19, 2021, 04:30:56 PM »

Fifth constitution? Are there any other planned changes? Or is it that the reform is too large that it is best to call it a new constitution?

This is semantics really but I always looked at this as more of a "Constitution 4.5" or something like that Tongue

I guess the reform is large enough that it is best to consider it a new constitution even if a majority of the text isn't actually new.

I mean yeah, the change restructures our understanding of regions and completely overhauls the legislature + parts of the executive. Makes sense it's a new Constitution.

Anyways, very interesting reform, of course. I'll see if I can help in any way from the Game Engine and as a citizen to ensure a smooth transition, should the plan be adopted.
Mad Deadly Worldwide Communist Gangster Computer God
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #103 on: May 27, 2021, 02:02:25 PM »

Not sure if this has been addressed:

And thus, it begins!

Lumine was regged in Gilbraltrar last time I checked, though Tongue

Indeed, I resided in Utah for quite a while, and have remained in Gibraltar due to not wanting to affect the partisan balance while GM. Looking forward to registering again on the state after this set is over though, I don't think the issue of those us who have registered in parts of the UK has been yet addressed on the new Constitution (?)

This does appear to be a problem. As far as I know, under the new Constitution you would not be eligible to vote in a subregional election; you could only vote in the regionwide Senate race.

So either we keep the CMA and block people registered in the UK from voting in subregional elections, or we annex the country. The CMA will probably have to be scrapped, or at least the part that lets you reside in the country while being a fully eligible voter in your home region. And people who currently reside in the UK should probably just pick a state or territory we've annexed.
Sestak
jk2020
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

« Reply #104 on: May 27, 2021, 02:56:13 PM »

If the CMA is a legal statute under the old constitution then - since it allocates UK areas to regions- we can also legally extend it to subregions. The only question is can we do it unilaterally by statute - since none of the treaty is being fundamentally changed - or do we need UK/GM sign off as well.

My position is that the former should suffice; I am planning on introducing such a law along with other changes to the FEA and census act to bring those laws in line with the new constitution.
At-Large Senator LouisvilleThunder
LouisvilleThunder
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 1.55, S: 1.74

P P P
« Reply #105 on: May 30, 2021, 11:15:29 PM »

Mission accomplished!
windjammer
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
France

« Reply #106 on: June 01, 2021, 01:23:34 PM »

I haven't read it at all but I'm sure this is very good coming from this WONDERFUL administration Cheesy
Tamika Jackson
beeman
Rookie
United States

« Reply #107 on: June 05, 2021, 10:06:35 PM »

Interesting... so we're getting rid of the State governments?
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #108 on: June 05, 2021, 10:08:24 PM »

Interesting... so we're getting rid of the State governments?
No, but congratulations on getting valid anyway.
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #109 on: June 06, 2021, 02:20:08 PM »

Happy D-Day.

Back of the bus please
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]  
« previous next »