Gillibrand fallen off the face of the earth?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:19:24 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Gillibrand fallen off the face of the earth?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Gillibrand fallen off the face of the earth?  (Read 743 times)
gerritcole
goatofalltrades

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2021, 08:28:16 PM »

Is it just me or has she been completely out of the news after dropping out of the primaries? She was rather vocal too during trumps term
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2021, 09:05:43 PM »

Yeah Ryan, Gillibrand, Booker have all fallen out of news, I haven't heard much from them since their Prez ambitions
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 11:13:28 PM »

Is it just me or has she been completely out of the news after dropping out of the primaries? She was rather vocal too during trumps term

I saw Gillibrand on the news a few days ago. It was a report about how she is sponsoring a bill to help veterans sickened by burn pit exposure in the Middle East. This is a cause which is being spearheaded by former Daily Show host Jon Stewart, who has also been a strong advocate for 9/11 first responders and has testified before Congress on their behalf. That report was the first time I saw Gillibrand on television since she ended her abortive presidential bid about a year and a half ago.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2021, 11:17:22 PM »

Just as well, let us all hope she stays invisible. Her reluctance to call for Cuomo's resignation after how she treated Franken just confirmed how awful she is.
VBM
VBNMWEB
YaBB God

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2021, 11:21:22 PM »

Her campaign was so cringe that she deserves to never be heard from again
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 12:52:49 AM »

Jeff Jackson is beating Ryan, NC is a better pickup anyways all three of them haven't been around much since Prez campaign especially Booker and Gillibrand
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 03:06:03 AM »

Just as well, let us all hope she stays invisible. Her reluctance to call for Cuomo's resignation after how she treated Franken just confirmed how awful she is.

This.
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 03:24:44 AM »

This.

Mattress girl didn't accuse anyone that powerful so it was easy to believe her.
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 03:32:47 AM »

Her reluctance to call for Cuomo's resignation after how she treated Franken
The backlash against her call for Franken’s resignation probably made her afraid to call for Cuomo’s resignation.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2021, 01:47:52 AM »

I saw Gillibrand on the news a few days ago. It was a report about how she is sponsoring a bill to help veterans sickened by burn pit exposure in the Middle East. This is a cause which is being spearheaded by former Daily Show host Jon Stewart, who has also been a strong advocate for 9/11 first responders and has testified before Congress on their behalf. That report was the first time I saw Gillibrand on television since she ended her abortive presidential bid about a year and a half ago.

And Gillibrand made another appearance on the news yesterday, this time sponsoring a bipartisan bill with Joni Ernst, Ted Cruz (!), and a number of other Senators regarding sexual assault cases in the military. Namely, this bill seeks to change how sexual assault cases are prosecuted, moving them out of the purview of the chain of command, which has been criticized for how they've handled such cases. Ernst, of course, is a survivor of sexual assault herself.
President Punxsutawney Phil
TimTurner
Atlas Politician
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2021, 08:30:20 AM »

And Gillibrand made another appearance on the news yesterday, this time sponsoring a bipartisan bill with Joni Ernst, Ted Cruz (!), and a number of other Senators regarding sexual assault cases in the military. Namely, this bill seeks to change how sexual assault cases are prosecuted, moving them out of the purview of the chain of command, which has been criticized for how they've handled such cases. Ernst, of course, is a survivor of sexual assault herself.
She pushed for the same thing all the way back in 2013 iirc.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2021, 09:46:11 AM »

The backlash against her call for Franken’s resignation probably made her afraid to call for Cuomo’s resignation.

But if you call for Franken's resignation but not for Cuomo's resignation because he's considered more part of the Democratic establishment, you're nothing but a fraud.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2021, 03:37:21 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2021, 03:43:17 PM by Anyone But Yang! »

If that’s true, then that’s a pretty d***ing indictment of the Democratic Party given that Franken is a predator who groped at least nine women.  Obviously, Cuomo should be removed from office too, but how anyone could defend Franken or say he didn’t deserve far worse.
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2021, 04:45:40 PM »

If that’s true, then that’s a pretty d***ing indictment of the Democratic Party given that Franken is a predator who groped at least nine women.  Obviously, Cuomo should be removed from office too, but how anyone could defend Franken or say he didn’t deserve far worse.

When you're a star, women let you do anything.
Mr. Morden
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2021, 06:42:06 PM »

She pushed for the same thing all the way back in 2013 iirc.

And ftr, Cruz backed her on it back in 2013 as well:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2013/11/20/cruz-gillibrand-military-sexual-assault-rape-column/3645127/
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies