What can be done to restore trust in the American news media? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:50:08 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  What can be done to restore trust in the American news media? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What can be done to restore trust in the American news media?  (Read 1590 times)
free my dawg
SawxDem
Atlas Icon
United States

« on: April 17, 2021, 10:50:46 PM »

The news media has abandoned their mission in the interest of making a quick buck. Their never-ending thirst for views and profit has not only allowed, but is almost solely responsible for the rise of fake news in this country. Because people can't get their news from local media or reputable sources like the NYT, they seek sensationalized yellow journalism or outright opinion sites masquerading as "news".

This of course doesn't get into covering one-in-a-million COVID vaccine reactions like they're regular stories, eroding public trust and extending the worst pandemic in a century for clicks and views. My brother specifically didn't get the vaccine because "he heard a lot of stories about the reactions". As far as I'm concerned, CNN and the NYT are as responsible for the anti-vax movement as InfoWars and The Epoch Times are.

Roll Roons took the words out of my mouth. The news media is the enemy of the people. They'll milk this world dry if it means getting an extra penny out of it.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies