Reassessing views due to personal experience (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 07:05:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Reassessing views due to personal experience (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing views due to personal experience  (Read 1502 times)
walleye26

« on: April 19, 2021, 08:43:19 PM »

One of the biggest things I can say I really didn’t understand until a few years ago is just how much being poor f***s you over. Literally everything about being poor causes your life to suck. Did you guys know you have to pay for filing bankruptcy? That makes sense. You know, you’re out of money, so you have to pay money so you don’t owe any money. Then, you have to eat complete sh***y food because you live in a food desert and the only thing you can afford is Chef Boyardee and Ramen noodles for 8 nights in a row. I’m not even bringing up how bail can screw you over, or how one simple accident can destroy everything in your life if you’re poor.

Like, growing up relatively middle class, I never realized just how dangerous life is for poor people in our country. You can’t afford to take a sick day, because if you don’t have paid sick time you literally can’t afford to. Covid exposed that so much for so many. I learned to be much more empathetic to people in poverty.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies