Reassessing views due to personal experience (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 11:45:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Reassessing views due to personal experience (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing views due to personal experience  (Read 1535 times)
ملكة كرينجيتوك
khuzifenq
YaBB God
United States

P P
« on: April 18, 2021, 03:44:46 PM »
« edited: April 20, 2021, 12:13:22 PM by khuzifenq »

I became more sympathetic to small business owners- and more broadly the vocational experiences of non-white, non-college people- during college, than would be expected for someone with my upbringing and life experiences.

Conversation I had with a Lyft driver near the end of college, after 45’s inauguration. Post is from Sept 2019:

Quote from: Nouveau Yathrib
Off topic, but I once had a Lyft driver in college who looked ethnically ambiguous- couldn’t tell if he was a super tan Italian American or mixed Italian + Puerto Rican or something- but in any case he definitely did not look stereotypically “white”. He made sure he was out of earshot from the upper-class white frat boy/finance types who I shared the ride with before going, “it might not be politically correct to say, but if you were in NYC in the 80s there were some places it just wasn’t safe to be if you weren’t black or brown.” I don’t remember how we got to the topic, but it was a pretty thought-provoking Lyft ride.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies