Reassessing views due to personal experience (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 08:38:11 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Reassessing views due to personal experience (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Reassessing views due to personal experience  (Read 1514 times)
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« on: April 18, 2021, 11:26:38 PM »

Rent control and zoning laws are huge drivers of inequality. The fairy tale of NIMBYism depends not on real grounding, but on grounding itself in self-sustaining power.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2021, 12:09:38 AM »

The main thing I think I changed my perception on was prior tentative support for single payer or a public option. I didn’t change my mind due to experience, but due to research, and found the HHA the best plan for healthcare yet. Here’s a summary for those unfamiliar:

1. Health Help Agencies, made by government; these approve health plans from private insurers, provide for enrollment in plans, and act as a conduit for premium payments from the federal government to individual insurance carriers
2. Shift from employer provided healthcare; payment would be made via tax withholding by employers; the government would direct such funds to the HHA and then to insurance.
3. Taxpayers given large deduction for healthcare, tied to inflation; those below the poverty line would be eligible for premium assistance.
4. Mandate that employers must now provide salary and wage increase over 2-6 year period, dependent upon company size and profits, within 97.5% essentially to prior healthcare benefits provided.
5. Employers pay a new tax equal to between 3 percent and 26 percent of the national average premium for the minimum benefits package for each employee, depending on their firm size, amount of gross revenues per employee, and (to some extent) amount of profit per employee.
6. Basic plan equal to FEHB Plan.
7. Copper, bronze, silver, and gold plans.
8. Premiums can vary only to reflect geography and smoking status.
9. Individuals can have more expensive (i.e., non-basic) coverage plans paid directly to insurers.
10. Certain individuals would be phased out of the Medicaid program, via participation in their state's HHA.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies