Who is the most typical US citizen ... and should he/she become President?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:08:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Who is the most typical US citizen ... and should he/she become President?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Who is the most typical US citizen ... and should he/she become President?  (Read 710 times)
Maik Otter
Rookie
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 17, 2021, 01:59:36 PM »

What are your opinions about this topic?

Illinois seam to be the most average state.

I dont think, that Joseph Biden would ever be the "Average Joe".
Cassandra
Situationist

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2021, 11:25:39 AM »

There are a lot of very different american archetypes. The first that comes to mind is this guy I gave a ride to once who was spinning a sign. Apparently the sign spinning was just a side hustle and he was actually a very successful currency trader. And get this, I could be a rich trader too if I just signed up for his class!
Santander
Atlas Star
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: 4.00, S: 2.61

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 01:31:12 PM »

A Trump supporter.

And obviously hell no.
progressive85
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2021, 12:08:10 PM »

It's a woman who lives in a suburb, maybe of Texas or Michigan, who is not ideological, is exhausted with American politics, and simply wants candidates to focus on the issues that are important to most people... and yes, she should be the President.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2021, 06:31:54 PM »

This is the correct answer.  Voters who represent all of the "median" characteristics of the electorate (i.e., middle-aged, middle-income "some college" White voters in suburbs/medium-sized towns) are prototypical Republicans.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 06:33:05 PM »

People who want an "average" leader will inevitably get exactly what they asked for, and in the worst way possible.
🦀🎂🦀🎂
CrabCake
Atlas Icon
Kiribati

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2021, 01:34:40 PM »

A hermaphrodite, and yes.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2021, 04:47:50 PM »

This is the correct answer.  Voters who represent all of the "median" characteristics of the electorate (i.e., middle-aged, middle-income "some college" White voters in suburbs/medium-sized towns) are prototypical Republicans.

Good point.
Statilius the Epicurean
Thersites
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2021, 07:08:39 PM »

40-something white woman without a degree working as a receptionist in a health clinic in suburban Missouri. Married with two kids (one boy, one girl). Doesn't like politics, doesn't like either party, temperamentally conservative but votes on 'kitchen table' issues like healthcare so currently leans Democratic.

I don't think they'd actively make things worse as POTUS, but probably would be not very effective at achieving a policy programme due to lack of institutional party support.  
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2021, 10:17:55 PM »

Not quite. The United States is an incredibly metropolitan country. If I remember correctly, the median American lives in a metro area the size of Milwaukee--that is, 50% of Americans live in the 38 biggest metros and 50% of Americans live literally everywhere else (with most of the rest still being metropolitan.) Within metros, the median American lives in an inner suburb--not the far-flung fringes.

Using the context of Milwaukee, that means the median American lives in a place like Wauwatosa or West Allis--not exactly Trump Country. Looking at other suburbs of metros in this range, the most "average" places in America lean blue--for example, Pawtucket, RI (Providence); Short Pump, VA (Richmond); Virginia Beach, VA (Hampton Roads); La Vergne, TN (Nashville); Overland Park, KS (Kansas City); Cary, NC (Raleigh); West Valley City, UT (Salt Lake City); etc.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies