HB 29-39: Third Emergency Economic Stimulus Act (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 18, 2024, 10:28:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 29-39: Third Emergency Economic Stimulus Act (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HB 29-39: Third Emergency Economic Stimulus Act (Passed)  (Read 805 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: April 21, 2021, 02:13:40 AM »

Grave apologies for the delay! Medical issues are no fun.

We forgot about this bill – an extension of the COVID stimulus was passed last October lasting up until April 1, a deadline we have obviously missed by now, as we did the last time an extension was debated. That deadline notwithstanding, I think there is some debate to be had regarding exactly how long this is to be extended, since it is not inconceivable that the pandemic's effects will be wearing off by this October.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2021, 12:59:07 AM »

No debate? None? Bueller? Bueller?

I am a little unsure of how to proceed with debate; assuming we hold a vote on the extension first, as prescribed in the bill itself, we should theoretically be entitled to debate the length of the extension but I have no idea whether congressional rules permit going back to a bill after it does so.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2021, 12:15:00 AM »

Debate after the final vote begins? Say it ain't so!

This will have to be yet another mess for the Senate to clear up, I'm afraid. Sorry for that. Aye for now but I certainly hope to be able to vote more enthusiastically on a better bill sometime in the future.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies