Should the COVID vaccine contain small doses of heroin or similar additives?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 04:39:43 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Should the COVID vaccine contain small doses of heroin or similar additives?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ...
Yes

No

No, but it should contain something similar

Other

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 38

Author Topic: Should the COVID vaccine contain small doses of heroin or similar additives?  (Read 2552 times)
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 16, 2021, 03:30:29 PM »

Based on an idea that came to mind last night:

If, for the record, (and I mean this seriously, not in a joking or ironic or trolling manner) the Pfizer vaccines contain a wee dose of heroin or something similar (not a lot obviously, just enough to get a nice buzz as an incentive), I'd be fine with getting annual COVID and flu vaccines. In fact, doing so now would be a good way to get people to get their initial first and second COVID shots. Barring a dangerous pandemic, it's just not worth it for me to get transportation to the pharmacy for a little prick and no feel-good aftereffects. I know it's never going to happen, but I'd guarantee it would make people more likely to get their annual flu (and, if necessary, COVID) vaccines. Otherwise it's just tedious and boring.

I never had my HPV vaccines either. Wouldn't be necessary for me, but a quick google says I'd have to get three rounds of those at my age. Not especially willing to do that either, but since I'm abstaining from sex both for spiritual and mental health reasons, there's really no point going through all that anyway.

At the very least, I think it should be an option for patients. Small doses of heroin would also likely help with the soreness that people experience. But adding something interesting to annual vaccines would almost certainly give people the incentive to get them, especially for those who need assistance in getting transportation and are unwilling to go through the hassle.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 04:20:02 PM »

I think this would probably make most people less likely to get the vaccine. For that reason, as well as the fact that exposing people to even more opioids is hardly a good idea, I voted no.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 04:34:34 PM »

I think this would probably make most people less likely to get the vaccine.

Really? I mean, if one of the perks of getting vaccinated came with receiving a free joint, people would be flocking to get scheduled. (The only issue would be ensuring they have a competent driver, or not smoking it before they go home.)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 04:36:11 PM »

Really? I mean, if one of the perks of getting vaccinated came with receiving a free joint, people would be flocking to get scheduled. (The only issue would be ensuring they have a competent driver, or not smoking it before they go home.)

The majority of people do not like drugs, much less heroin.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 04:42:24 PM »

This would be casus belli for an armed uprising against the government.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 04:54:08 PM »

For the record: cannabis is a plant, not a drug. I'm just saying that including it as an option might be beneficial.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 04:56:49 PM »

For the record: cannabis is a plant, not a drug. I'm just saying that including it as an option might be beneficial.

I thought you were talking about opiates? Anyway, Dule has the right idea. It would also be a serious violation of medical ethics.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 04:59:39 PM »

I thought you were talking about opiates? Anyway, Dule has the right idea. It would also be a serious violation of medical ethics.

Well, sure. Ideally, patients would have the option of free cannabis, a small dose of heroin, or nothing at all, to incentivize vaccinations. If the cannabis industry's success over the past several years is any indication, such a program would be highly successful.

And perhaps medical ethics ought to be reconsidered.
Donerail
Atlas Icon
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 05:04:08 PM »

If you want to give people an incentive to get vaccinated, offering them a crisp $10 bill seems like an easier and less ethically dubious method than putting heroin in the vaccine.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 07:08:42 PM »

If you want to give people an incentive to get vaccinated, offering them a crisp $10 bill seems like an easier and less ethically dubious method than putting heroin in the vaccine.

Also an excellent idea.

Everything should be on the table for the sake of the public health.
Kahane's Grave Is A Gender-Neutral Bathroom
theflyingmongoose
Atlas Icon
Norway

Political Matrix
E: 3.41, S: -1.29

P
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2021, 07:56:43 PM »

No.

Giving people drugs to take a vaccine (or worse, putting the drugs in a vaccine) is a massive violation of medical ethics, in addition to being illegal.

I don't know why you think that people would 'flock to get a vaccine' if they got a free joint or something.

Faw fewer people take drugs than you think.

Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2021, 12:55:38 AM »

No.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2021, 01:29:50 AM »

Also an excellent idea.

Including turning ourselves into a nation of addicts? How exactly does that fall under the definition of "pro-public health?"
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2021, 02:47:27 PM »
« Edited: April 18, 2021, 04:50:49 PM by Scott🦋 »

Also an excellent idea.

Including turning ourselves into a nation of addicts? How exactly does that fall under the definition of "pro-public health?"

A small amount of heroin isn't going to make you an addict, especially when provided by a trained medical professional.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2021, 03:20:36 PM »

Also an excellent idea.

A smell amount of heroin isn't going to make you an addict, especially when provided by a trained medical professional.

This is an abhorrent argument, even more so in the shadow of the opioid epidemic.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2021, 04:15:28 PM »

Also an excellent idea.

A smell amount of heroin isn't going to make you an addict, especially when provided by a trained medical professional.

This is an abhorrent argument, even more so in the shadow of the opioid epidemic.

The only thing worse than the opioid epidemic has been the government's response to it. It is nothing short of a war on pain patients.

That aside, as it's barely relevant to this conversation, you can disagree with a layman's humble opinion on a medical issue without the hostility. No one's getting any additives to their vaccines that aren't inherently necessary. But generally it's those who think outside the box that have the most profound impact on the world we live in today and all its great advancements.

Just ask Bill Gates.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2021, 06:18:24 PM »

Also an excellent idea.

The only thing worse than the opioid epidemic has been the government's response to it. It is nothing short of a war on pain patients.

That aside, as it's barely relevant to this conversation, you can disagree with a layman's humble opinion on a medical issue without the hostility. No one's getting any additives to their vaccines that aren't inherently necessary. But generally it's those who think outside the box that have the most profound impact on the world we live in today and all its great advancements.

Just ask Bill Gates.

Hate to break it to you, but you're not the first to think of doping up the population in order to make them more docile and agreeable. Just ask Aldous Huxley.
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2021, 09:32:47 PM »

Also an excellent idea.

Just ask Bill Gates.

Hate to break it to you, but you're not the first to think of doping up the population in order to make them more docile and agreeable. Just ask Aldous Huxley.

You act as though I'm proposing some mass population indoctrination experiment. Should we ban parents from using ice cream to bribe their children?
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2021, 09:47:28 PM »

You act as though I'm proposing some mass population indoctrination experiment. Should we ban parents from using ice cream to bribe their children?
I think we should ban parents from using heroin to bribe their children.

Obviously we wouldn't offer heroin to children. Still, there is evidence that heroin can be used safely under medical supervision.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2021, 11:53:14 PM »

Also an excellent idea.

Just ask Bill Gates.

Bruh please say sike right now
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #20 on: April 19, 2021, 02:26:35 AM »

SWE
SomebodyWhoExists
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #21 on: April 19, 2021, 08:28:01 AM »

Do we know that for sure? Most people haven't tried heroin so it's a little hasty to assume they wouldn't like it
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2021, 08:37:19 AM »

Do we know that for sure? Most people haven't tried heroin so it's a little hasty to assume they wouldn't like it

Let’s say the vast majority don’t want to try it.
It’s so Joever
Forumlurker161
Atlas Icon

« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2021, 09:10:16 AM »

Hey...could we not drug people unwillingly?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #24 on: April 19, 2021, 04:05:39 PM »

Are you out of your mind? Distrust in the medical community is high enough already.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies