78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 26, 2024, 09:42:14 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Author Topic: 78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election  (Read 4309 times)
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 15, 2021, 11:40:49 PM »

Pericles
Atlas Icon

« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2021, 11:58:11 PM »

This really is a lot of damage that Trump caused just because his ego couldn't stand being seen as a loser. A disgusting lack of leadership from him, that tops off one of the least presidential presidencies in history.
Crumpets
Thinking Crumpets Crumpet
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -4.06, S: -6.52

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2021, 12:32:08 AM »

Hard to see how the GOP can get the kind of turnout they'll need for a red wave in 2022 (or 2024 for that matter) if 78% of them don't believe the last election was legitimate. Sure plenty will just go ahead and vote anyway, but it doesn't take a lot of people to give up on the system before it becomes a serious problem for the Republicans going forward.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2021, 12:33:22 AM »

Hard to see how the GOP can get the kind of turnout they'll need for a red wave in 2022 (or 2024 for that matter) if 78% of them don't believe the last election was legitimate. Sure plenty will just go ahead and vote anyway, but it doesn't take a lot of people to give up on the system before it becomes a serious problem for the Republicans going forward.

Democrats could really profit from stirring the pot here.  Just convince Republicans that elections are all rigged and illegitimate so there's no point voting.  It's not like the GOP hasn't been singing the same tune to younger voters for decades.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2021, 12:53:02 AM »

Democrats could really profit from stirring the pot here.  Just convince Republicans that elections are all rigged and illegitimate so there's no point voting.  It's not like the GOP hasn't been singing the same tune to younger voters for decades.
I've actually tried that on that QAnon forum but really haven't had to try too hard. People are already talking about why should they vote in 2022 if "the Biden junta" is still in power and it's obviously not a fair election, and comparisons of Biden to Maduro.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2021, 12:54:54 AM »

The only downside is that even more Republicans will either turn to domestic terrorism, or quietly aid and abet them.  
darklordoftech
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2021, 01:03:14 AM »

It's not like the GOP hasn't been singing the same tune to younger voters for decades.
I’ll never understand how Bush 43 managed to run on “Gore and I are tweedledee and tweedledum” and “Gore is coming for your coal and guns” at the same time.
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #7 on: April 16, 2021, 04:21:30 AM »

The Republican Party is beyond repair. They need to be crushed electorally for a couple of cycles so that they have to moderate to become relevant again.
Inmate Trump
GWBFan
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2021, 04:45:47 AM »

There is no Republican Party.

There is only an organized group of traitors who attempt coups when they lose.
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2021, 05:10:03 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 05:28:00 AM by Kapettobagga »

This is bad, though much of it is a result of media lies on the other side and when people claim Republicans are trying to rig Georgia by setting up laws that are "Jim Crow on steroids."  Neither side is interested in objective truth anymore.  I believe the election was fair, but whenever I hear anything in the media about Trump, Biden, Georgia, etc. I don't even know who to believe anymore.
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2021, 05:33:06 AM »

The right wing in this country has been escalating its total war on reality for my entire life. It's hard to imagine it getting much worse, but I'm sure it will.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2021, 05:34:55 AM »

It was a close Election but Biden will win bigger, in 291states, only in 2024/ Rs haven't cracked the blue wall

But, there is Buyers remorse, especially in the South since Covid cases have gone up and the only jobs coming back are unskilled labor jobs in Amazon and Airport

The first thing that Employers want Minorities and females take are unskilled labor jobs, don't look for White collar jobs, that's why so many are still on Unemployment
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2021, 06:15:42 AM »

lulz. Christianity.

Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2021, 07:05:37 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 07:14:00 AM by Democratic Nominee 2020 »

Jesus Christ could come down off the cross, tell them Biden legitimately won, and they would not believe Him.
H.E. VOLODYMYR ZELENKSYY
Alfred F. Jones
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2021, 07:42:15 AM »

This is bad, though much of it is a result of media lies on the other side and when people claim Republicans are trying to rig Georgia by setting up laws that are "Jim Crow on steroids."  Neither side is interested in objective truth anymore.  I believe the election was fair, but whenever I hear anything in the media about Trump, Biden, Georgia, etc. I don't even know who to believe anymore.

lmao the media wasn’t the one constantly tweeting about how Trump won by a lot
Chunk Yogurt for President!
CELTICEMPIRE
Junior Chimp
Georgia

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2021, 07:48:02 AM »

No, but they lied as well.
JA
Jacobin American
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 08:05:06 AM »

This really is a lot of damage that Trump caused just because his ego couldn't stand being seen as a loser. A disgusting lack of leadership from him, that tops off one of the least presidential presidencies in history.

This isn’t simply Trump’s fault; he gained such a position in that party because they were already primed and ready for a figure like him in 2015. He acquired as much power and influence as he did by January 6th because he did what pleases the base of his party. His actions as president, his rhetoric that saw him permabanned from Twitter, the choices that killed over half a million Americans, his calls to violence that resulted in the storming of our capitol - they all occurred, were enabled, and have received widespread support because that’s what Republican voters have been wanting, have been eagerly waiting to unleash for a long time now. They just needed that authority figure to justify it all.

And now 4/5 of them believe American democracy is illegitimate. They don’t believe that simply because they worship Trump; they believe that because they worship themselves and saw in Trump a reflection of themselves and their claim to power. They tolerated democracy so long as they stood to benefit from it; they’ll embrace its death - and even its hypocritical application - depending on their ability to benefit from it. They feel entitled to power, that this country is rightfully theirs and theirs alone. The more Democrats integrate civil rights, the more they integrate marginalized groups and dissenters from “traditional American values,” and the more that they win elections with this integration of the marginalized, the more reactionary, undemocratic, and inclined towards violence as a means of achieving their ends they will become.

How do you bring people to the table for a civilized debate of ideas when they don’t accept as legitimate your spot at the table in the first place?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 08:13:19 AM »

Here we go again.

66% of Dems thought falsely that Russia "tampered with vote tallies".

GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 08:13:31 AM »

Jesus Christ could come down off the cross, tell them Biden legitimately won, and they would not believe Him.

Two Trump voters, Joe and Bob, were out fishing when their boat overturned and they unfortunately drowned.  They were devout Christians and went to Heaven.  After being admitted by St. Peter they were greeted personally by God, who asked if there was anything that they wanted to know about their time on Earth.

Joe spoke up and asked, "Yes, Heavenly Father.  We know in our heart of hearts that President Trump was actually reelected, and that Joe Biden only won because of voter fraud and cheating by the Democrats.  Can you tell us how much President Trump actually won by?"

God replied, "My son, this may disappoint you, but I must tell you that there was no significant voter fraud or other cheating.  Joe Biden won a free and fair election."

Joe turned to Bob and said, "Can you believe this?  The conspiracy went higher than we ever imagined!"
Motorcity

« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 10:00:26 AM »

30-40% of the country are racist and ignorant, news at 11

Also at 11, water is wet
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 10:49:32 AM »

Oh, zip it about trying to blame the media for the overwhelming ignorance and Superstition of conservatives. Biden using definite hyperbole about Georgia's never the less sh**ty voter restriction laws is a terrible example, even as a mere example.

This is on you and yours. 110%. And frankly it's blaming the media that is at the root cause of that phenomenon. By refusing to acknowledge the problem instead of feeding that narrative, you are in fact part of that very ugly problem.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 10:50:48 AM »

No, but they lied as well.

Name three examples that matter worth a damn in terms of remotely justifying the massive cognitive dissonance and self-delusion engendered by Republicans.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 10:57:52 AM »

I really dunno what upsets me more: The ignorant narcissism of a failed prez or the stupidity of said 78% who eat up this crap.
ProudModerate2
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 02:17:34 PM »

I really dunno what upsets me more: The ignorant narcissism of a failed prez or the stupidity of said 78% who eat up this crap.

It's frustrating, I know.
You just shake your head and can't believe these idiots are all around us. Next to you at the store, at the gas station, in a park.
These numbers are large enough to be disturbing to our society's overall safety and well-being (physically and mentally).
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 02:21:43 PM »

Here we go again.

66% of Dems thought falsely that Russia "tampered with vote tallies".

In other words , most voters are hacks
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies