78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 10:17:31 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: 78% of Republicans think Biden did not legitimately win the election  (Read 4277 times)
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 02:22:46 PM »

Here we go again.

66% of Dems thought falsely that Russia "tampered with vote tallies".

In other words , most voters are hacks

*Sore Losers.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 02:30:44 PM »

Here we go again.

While actual vote tampering by Russia is unsubstantiated, those first two points are absolutely factually established. I'm not sure why you are bringing those up as evidence of so-called Democratic hackery.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 06:59:13 PM »

Here we go again.

While actual vote tampering by Russia is unsubstantiated, those first two points are absolutely factually established. I'm not sure why you are bringing those up as evidence of so-called Democratic hackery.

Ok the vote tampering poll results still shows The other side being hacks .

Actually this poll shows both sides being hacks
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

P P P

« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 07:08:37 PM »

When you are still in a Covid Environment and wearing masks, I don't care how many good bills you pass, the outparty gonna feel you haven't done enough.

D's felt that way with Trump
Rs are feeling that way with D's

We don't know what type of an Election it will be but the H favors Rs with TX and FL and Senate favors Ds
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 07:12:50 PM »

I really dunno what upsets me more: The ignorant narcissism of a failed prez or the stupidity of said 78% who eat up this crap.

It's a symbiotic feedback loop relationship. Have equal disappointment for both.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2021, 09:15:30 PM »

This really is a lot of damage that Trump caused just because his ego couldn't stand being seen as a loser. A disgusting lack of leadership from him, that tops off one of the least presidential presidencies in history.

This isn’t simply Trump’s fault; he gained such a position in that party because they were already primed and ready for a figure like him in 2015. He acquired as much power and influence as he did by January 6th because he did what pleases the base of his party. His actions as president, his rhetoric that saw him permabanned from Twitter, the choices that killed over half a million Americans, his calls to violence that resulted in the storming of our capitol - they all occurred, were enabled, and have received widespread support because that’s what Republican voters have been wanting, have been eagerly waiting to unleash for a long time now. They just needed that authority figure to justify it all.

And now 4/5 of them believe American democracy is illegitimate. They don’t believe that simply because they worship Trump; they believe that because they worship themselves and saw in Trump a reflection of themselves and their claim to power. They tolerated democracy so long as they stood to benefit from it; they’ll embrace its death - and even its hypocritical application - depending on their ability to benefit from it. They feel entitled to power, that this country is rightfully theirs and theirs alone. The more Democrats integrate civil rights, the more they integrate marginalized groups and dissenters from “traditional American values,” and the more that they win elections with this integration of the marginalized, the more reactionary, undemocratic, and inclined towards violence as a means of achieving their ends they will become.

How do you bring people to the table for a civilized debate of ideas when they don’t accept as legitimate your spot at the table in the first place?

Which is exactly why we should worry that whomever they nominate (it doesn't matter who) will destroy American democracy and make himself a strongman dictator the minute they enter the White House since the GOP electorate no longer believes in its legitimacy anyway.  We need to do everything possible to ensure they never regain the White House for at least the next few presidential cycles until they get this virus out of their system (and the Republican Party becomes once again a normal center-right political party) or the GOP follows the way of the Federalists or the Whigs and self-destructs.  
TML
Junior Chimp

« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2021, 09:18:50 PM »

This makes me wonder: could the next Republican president actually pardon individuals convicted for their roles in the insurrection?
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2021, 09:20:53 PM »

Trump is a loser and got fired by the American people. Sad!
Absentee Voting Ghost of Ruin
Runeghost
Atlas Icon

« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2021, 09:40:05 PM »

Here we go again.

While there is no evidence that anyone (Russian-affiliated or otherwise) directly altered poll results, it seems rather disingenuous to equate "A demonstrably happened, B demonstrably happened, do you believe that C (unproven but related to A & B) also happened?" to "Do you believe something demonstrably false is true?"

It's also sad that Republicans have collectively sunk so low that there no longer any attempted at even a pretense of sanity, and the best defenses always come down to just "you're insane, too".
Vosem
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 8.13, S: -6.09

« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2021, 10:00:18 PM »

Hard to see how the GOP can get the kind of turnout they'll need for a red wave in 2022 (or 2024 for that matter) if 78% of them don't believe the last election was legitimate. Sure plenty will just go ahead and vote anyway, but it doesn't take a lot of people to give up on the system before it becomes a serious problem for the Republicans going forward.

This has tended to virtually always go the opposite way in US history, though -- people vote more when there are allegations of unfairness. (Consider Stacey Abrams disputing the fairness of the 2018 Georgia elections and successfully bringing up turnout in 2020).

This makes me wonder: could the next Republican president actually pardon individuals convicted for their roles in the insurrection?

It's moderately hard for me to imagine this not happening given the prevailing opinion within the party, as this poll shows.

Here we go again.

There is a very fundamental disconnect between the parties regarding what might make an election illegitimate, with the Democratic Party strongly focused on misinformation and the Republican Party strongly focused on flaws in literal voting procedure. (And I don't think this is hackish, either -- it comes from very fundamental features of both parties' worldviews. Bizarrely I think Democrats are correct here -- misinformation probably plays a more important role in American elections than fraud -- but that misinformation was much more of a problem in fueling Biden's 2020 general-election victory than Trump's was. Might be my hackishness here, I suppose.)

The Republican party's response to some news stories coming from unseemly organizations is therefore the same as the Democratic party's response to some voters voting without an ID -- "sure, there's some wacky hypothetical where this is a problem, but it's not a big deal now, is it?" The other party stares open-mouthed.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2021, 12:41:17 AM »

Here we go again.

While there is no evidence that anyone (Russian-affiliated or otherwise) directly altered poll results, it seems rather disingenuous to equate "A demonstrably happened, B demonstrably happened, do you believe that C (unproven but related to A & B) also happened?" to "Do you believe something demonstrably false is true?"

It's also sad that Republicans have collectively sunk so low that there no longer any attempted at even a pretense of sanity, and the best defenses always come down to just "you're insane, too".

This X 10
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2021, 11:22:51 AM »

What's the likelihood that this will mean lower voter turnout among Republicans for the next few elections?
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2021, 01:49:12 PM »

What's the likelihood that this will mean lower voter turnout among Republicans for the next few elections?
Probably nothing. People just need a coping mechanism to cope with their loss especially since how strongly the republican base supported Trump.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2021, 04:00:07 PM »

Considering that Bill Clinton pardoned Linda Evans and Susan Rosenberg, there is no reason a future president couldn't pardon a few rowdy rioters who broke some windows and stole AOC's shoes.

I'd also like to see the wording of the poll, many are push-polls phrased in such a way to provoke  a certain response.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2021, 04:00:57 PM »

Considering that Bill Clinton pardoned Linda Evans and Susan Rosenberg, there is no reason a future president couldn't pardon a few rowdy rioters who broke some windows and stole AOC's shoes.

I'd also like to see the wording of the poll, many are push-polls phrased in such a way to provoke  a certain response.

Quite a way to describe violent terrorists.
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2021, 05:06:21 PM »

This was from the most recent The Economist/YouGov weekly tracker, which is a very sound poll with no axes to grind.  The question wording is as follows:

"Would you say that Joe Biden legitimately won the election, or not?"

Overall: 63/37
D: 95/5
I: 62/38
R: 22/78
Biden voters: 100/0
Trump voters: 19/81

Source: https://docs.cdn.yougov.com/wvjmyy0dlk/econTabReport.pdf
GeorgiaModerate
Moderators
Atlas Superstar

« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2021, 05:08:23 PM »

It's interesting how quickly people who downplay the attack seem to forget the dead and seriously injured policemen.  Perhaps they don't really care about violence against police after all.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2021, 05:58:05 PM »

I can tell you one thing, even injecting 1.9T into the Economy may still not be enough as long as Covid is here and people are low income regardless of their circumstances

D's need something to change, with Covid between now and next yr to avoid a pitfall during next yrs Election. As Pelosi says we are limited with quivers
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2021, 06:02:34 PM »

It's interesting how quickly people who downplay the attack seem to forget the dead and seriously injured policemen.  Perhaps they don't really care about violence against police after all.

The Capitol Police defended the constitution and liberal democracy against the seditious MAGA insurrectionists. When the police aren't willing to back a Trump coup, the MAGAs are willing to beat up and kill them.
Big Abraham
Junior Chimp
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2021, 07:22:38 PM »

Here we go again.

It's almost as if a major party continuing to relentlessly push a false narrative and/or create mass hysteria regarding an unproven conspiracy, leads voters to believe all kinds of ridiculous and, frankly, outlandish claims.
pbrower2a
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2021, 11:01:55 PM »

I can tell you one thing, even injecting 1.9T into the Economy may still not be enough as long as Covid is here and people are low income regardless of their circumstances

D's need something to change, with Covid between now and next yr to avoid a pitfall during next yrs Election. As Pelosi says we are limited with quivers

COVID-19 has disrupted the American economy much like a war and has caused nearly 600,000 deaths in America. The faster that Americans get inoculated against this horrid disease the sooner that America can go into a recovery stage for the economy.

Well-paying jobs in manufacturing are re-opening, often giving better-paid work to people who were recently ill-paid. The factory has typically been the most reliable way out of poverty in America. Maybe we won't revive the shopping malls, but we will have more people flush with cash from their work. This could give much aid to the Biden campaign for re-election. Happy people vote for incumbents who didn't get in the way.

... Even if one figures that America splits 50-50 between D and R, the raw figure suggests that 59% of American voters think that Biden won fair-and-square. Maybe in three and a half years that will no longer matter. What will matter will be how well Joe Biden has served as President.So far, so good.   
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #46 on: April 18, 2021, 02:23:53 AM »

What a bad post. She's not going to sleep with you.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #47 on: May 18, 2021, 05:32:40 AM »

Democrats and Democrat media let the genie out of the bottle with Russia Hoax lies etc. They could credibly criticize Trump now, if *and only if* they debunked instead of fueling disgraced Russian Conspiracy Theories for *years*.

What they're *really* mad at is that Trump dared to weaponize that sentiment and more so, he did it even more effectively that they ever managed to.

But that's okay, baby, 'cause in time you will find

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #48 on: May 18, 2021, 05:38:37 AM »

The Election wasnt stolen 2000 Election was stolen, they didn't count all the votes, the 2020 Election they counted every one of the votes, the Rs think that the Election was stolen, PLSE
DaleCooper
Atlas Icon

P P P
« Reply #49 on: May 18, 2021, 06:15:16 AM »

This is a natural consequence of Republicans and conservative media normalizing Trump as a quasi-religious figure. Listen to evangelical Republicans talk about Trump and it sounds as though they are talking about a modern-day Abraham or King David, in other words, he's an imperfect man that's been chosen by God to execute God's perfect will. How could someone like that legitimately lose?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies