Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:34:57 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3]
Author Topic: Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House  (Read 3227 times)
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2021, 07:01:36 AM »

God, why are Republicans like this? I know I should Read Another Book™, but Dreadnought put it best: Isn't it enough to tell them I'm a girl? What does it really matter what my chromosomes are?

The Republican party is like this because a majority are sick sick cultural Warriors like fuzzy bear. And the so-called "good ones" like osr and lfromnj will still gladly vote for the candidates who support this bigoted trash so long as they also support tax cuts, environmental deregulation, and laws making it hard to unionize.

Lol Fuzzy voted for Gillum and posted he thought Abrams was robbed so the idea he is some cultural warrior is lol worthy

That was in 2018. Fuzzy is a totally different person today after soft QAnon has corrupted his mind.
T'Chenka
King TChenka
Atlas Icon
Canada

« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2021, 12:55:38 PM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 02:28:11 PM by I Only Smile In The Dark »

Scorching hot take:

Don't discriminate... require every student athlete to undergo a physical that includes a very very brief genital inspection before they can play. IF this law is on the books and this is the situation you are forced to operate under.
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2021, 01:07:42 PM »

Scorching hot take:

Don't discriminate... require every student athlete to undergo a physical that includes. very very brief genital inspection before they can play. IF this law is on the books and this is the situation you are forced to operate under.

Not sure if joking but this really isn't a terrible idea and would just take this stuff off the table as an issue.

Nothing to do with trans issues, but I played high school basketball and as part of the health check to be eligible to play I had to do the "hernia test" where the doctor puts his hand on your balls and tells you to cough. Not sure why everyone's acting like the concept of a "genital inspection" is beyond the pale when it's a normal part of checkups.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2021, 01:09:30 PM »

Scorching hot take:

Don't discriminate... require every student athlete to undergo a physical that includes. very very brief genital inspection before they can play. IF this law is on the books and this is the situation you are forced to operate under.

Not sure if joking but this really isn't a terrible idea and would just take this stuff off the table as an issue.

Nothing to do with trans issues, but I played high school basketball and as part of the health check to be eligible to play I had to do the "hernia test" where the doctor puts his hand on your balls and tells you to cough. Not sure why everyone's acting like the concept of a "genital inspection" is beyond the pale when it's a normal part of checkups.

That was a long time ago and is no longer normal.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2021, 01:09:41 PM »

Perhaps the solution to this is to divide sports along "weight" classes like boxing, as opposed to gender.
Doesn't really make it fair either. Men are just far faster, more athletic and have better spatial sense regardless of weight.

Reported for hate speech.
Assume you're joking?

Um, sweetie, there are no differences between men and women. Get that through your cishet chauvinistic skull.
I’m not Stu
ERM64man
Atlas Icon

« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2021, 01:09:49 PM »

HB 11475 will also pass the FL Senate and be signed.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #56 on: April 16, 2021, 02:44:46 PM »

Perhaps the solution to this is to divide sports along "weight" classes like boxing, as opposed to gender.
Doesn't really make it fair either. Men are just far faster, more athletic and have better spatial sense regardless of weight.

Assume you're joking?

Um, sweetie, there are no differences between men and women. Get that through your cishet chauvinistic skull.
Still assume you’re joking, although it is damn hard to tell on the internet.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #57 on: April 16, 2021, 03:23:34 PM »

Assume you're joking?

Didn't you just call me out for posting sarcastically like this a couple days ago?
Omega21

« Reply #58 on: April 16, 2021, 03:46:49 PM »

Assume you're joking?

You tell vampselves Queenx!
SteveRogers
duncan298
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -5.04

« Reply #59 on: April 16, 2021, 05:09:33 PM »

Scorching hot take:

You don’t see any difference between a routine physical and a punitive measure because somebody filed a complaint about you based on their “suspicions”?
HisGrace
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2021, 05:35:35 PM »

Scorching hot take:

You don’t see any difference between a routine physical and a punitive measure because somebody filed a complaint about you based on their “suspicions”?

I was talking about King TChenka's idea and not the OP. The standard for things like this should be less arbitrary than one person complaining.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2021, 07:29:27 PM »

You make it sound like they’ll be forcing kids to strip down in front of them but that’s not what it says at all. Headline is exaggerated as suspected:

via a genetic test, a test of their testosterone levels or an examination of their reproductive anatomy by a medical professional

So they don’t have to do a “genital inspection” of any kind unless they choose to do so over the others, and even then it will be done by a doctor (who does this kind of thing anyway).

So does that make it OK that they’ll be forcing kids to be subjected to humiliating, degrading, dysphoric exams like this?

It wouldn’t exactly call it “humiliating” to have your genitals examined by a medial professional- it’s literally just another part of the body- but not going to lie, it is kind of weird.

I’d be humiliated if the state forced me to show anyone my genitals because they think something about my appearance is suspicious.

Better hope you’re never accused of committing a crime then.

This isn’t the own you think it is.

Good thing it wasn’t meant to be.

I can only assume it was meant to be an advertisement of sociopathy.

A kid being forcibly stripped and "examined" by state officials because they look different is something that happens in a third world theocracy. I'm entirely and sickeningly unsurprised you'd try to subtly speak in favor of legislative child molestation.

It’s literally a medical examination, not “child molestation.” Doctors perform medical exams like this all the time. Nothing sexual about it. Besides, if someone wants, they can choose to have a chemical test instead.
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2021, 07:39:30 PM »

It’s literally a medical examination, not “child molestation.” Doctors perform medical exams like this all the time. Nothing sexual about it. Besides, if someone wants, they can choose to have a chemical test instead.

No. They don't.

They check out rashes on that area and stuff, but checking out kids' healthy junk just to see what they have is not a standard part of pediatricians' repertoire.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2021, 07:45:04 PM »

No. They don't.

They check out rashes on that area and stuff, but checking out kids' healthy junk just to see what they have is not a standard part of pediatricians' repertoire.

It’s literally the exact same procedure.
politics_king
United States

« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2021, 11:34:08 PM »

I had to read the title twice. What in the ACTUAL F**K?!
Harry
Atlas Superstar
Ukraine

« Reply #65 on: April 17, 2021, 09:26:59 AM »

No. They don't.

It’s literally the exact same procedure.

No, it's not. Context matters. Is a legitimate medical breast exam the "literally the exact same procedure" as a doctor groping a patient for fun?
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2021, 04:12:15 PM »

The bill is dead. The FL GOP will have to find another path towards legalizing their child predation.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2021, 05:16:47 PM »

Phew. Here's hoping the same thing happens in North Carolina so I don't have to move.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2021, 05:42:25 PM »

Glad that one of the grossest and morally reprehensible violations of privacy to be put to a bill has been defeated for now. Unfortunately the fight isn't over yet since the GOP decided the non-problem of trans children playing in sports is their next cultural wedge issue. 
Sol
Junior Chimp
Bosnia and Herzegovina

« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2021, 05:59:33 PM »

Phew. Here's hoping the same thing happens in North Carolina so I don't have to move.

Apparently the SB514 is dead in the Senate, though we'll see what happens with HB358.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies