Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:40:09 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Author Topic: Anti-trans bill that authorizes "genital inspections" for children passes FL House  (Read 3244 times)
Damocles
Sword of Damocles
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2021, 02:50:31 PM »

But these are children who may be subjected to this. Not for a crime, but simply because their gender may be in question. The idea of an anatomy test being including in this bill is disgusting and could easily be abused by predators. 

Ah yes. Homosexuality is a sin, Johnny boy, but it’s what God intended when Pawpaw Jethro diddles third-graders! /s
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2021, 02:57:48 PM »

You make it sound like they’ll be forcing kids to strip down in front of them but that’s not what it says at all. Headline is exaggerated as suspected:

via a genetic test, a test of their testosterone levels or an examination of their reproductive anatomy by a medical professional

So they don’t have to do a “genital inspection” of any kind unless they choose to do so over the others, and even then it will be done by a doctor (who does this kind of thing anyway).

So does that make it OK that they’ll be forcing kids to be subjected to humiliating, degrading, dysphoric exams like this?

It wouldn’t exactly call it “humiliating” to have your genitals examined by a medial professional- it’s literally just another part of the body- but not going to lie, it is kind of weird.

I’d be humiliated if the state forced me to show anyone my genitals because they think something about my appearance is suspicious.

Better hope you’re never accused of committing a crime then.

But these are children who may be subjected to this. Not for a crime, but simply because their gender may be in question. The idea of an anatomy test being including in this bill is disgusting and could easily be abused by predators. 

The people performing the examines will probably be doctors, not some random guy on the street. If you seriously believe your doctor is a pedophile, then you have a bigger problem on your hand beyond the scope of trans athletes.
Lief 🗽
Lief
Atlas Legend

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2021, 03:16:16 PM »

You make it sound like they’ll be forcing kids to strip down in front of them but that’s not what it says at all. Headline is exaggerated as suspected:

via a genetic test, a test of their testosterone levels or an examination of their reproductive anatomy by a medical professional

So they don’t have to do a “genital inspection” of any kind unless they choose to do so over the others, and even then it will be done by a doctor (who does this kind of thing anyway).

So does that make it OK that they’ll be forcing kids to be subjected to humiliating, degrading, dysphoric exams like this?

It wouldn’t exactly call it “humiliating” to have your genitals examined by a medial professional- it’s literally just another part of the body- but not going to lie, it is kind of weird.

I’d be humiliated if the state forced me to show anyone my genitals because they think something about my appearance is suspicious.

The people performing the examines will probably be doctors, not some random guy on the street. If you seriously believe your doctor is a pedophile, then you have a bigger problem on your hand beyond the scope of trans athletes.

FL has a part time legislature. How many GOP legislators are doctors in their day jobs? How many know this legislation will provide them with a steady stream of children to “examine”?
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2021, 03:18:36 PM »
« Edited: April 15, 2021, 04:02:40 PM by Lent Marslink »

But what you are explaining is two different things. That exam is made to identify and prevent diseases. A child knows what gender they are as early as three. There is no reason to exam a minor private area for such an ignorant question that can easily be identified by the person involved.

That is a sensitive area for people especially children when given the power construct to yes even a certified doctor. If a child feels like they correctly identified what gender they identified with, then I see no reason why a child should consent to this anatomy test (which you have the right to deny). I thought you all of all people would understand unless you are used to being or watching an environment where that area is openly disclosed.
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2021, 07:03:56 PM »

Perhaps the solution to this is to divide sports along "weight" classes like boxing, as opposed to gender.
Doesn't really make it fair either. Men are just far faster, more athletic and have better spatial sense regardless of weight.

Reported for hate speech.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2021, 07:32:22 PM »

WTF does this even mean? You're even less coherent than normal, which is saying a ton. In what world do you live in where cops who suspect you of a crime inspect your genitals?

Oh dear. Um, Reckoning? I hate to tell you, but I don't think those guys in your neighborhood who keep stopping you are real cops. Sad Shocked
Mercenary

Political Matrix
E: -3.94, S: -2.70

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2021, 07:38:30 PM »

I think it is messed up when males want to compete in female sports despite their biological advantage but this kind of law is just going to end up hurting biological females. Really poorly done law.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2021, 07:41:43 PM »

It seems that transphobia is the new islamophobia when it comes to the intensity with which Republicans are obsessed with making life worse for a particular group of people.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #33 on: April 15, 2021, 07:43:33 PM »

Jesus, you really hate trans people.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #34 on: April 15, 2021, 07:56:52 PM »

Sounds like its ACLU o'clock
Hindsight was 2020
Hindsight is 2020
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #35 on: April 15, 2021, 08:02:20 PM »

Between this and the Oklahoma bill why is tonight when GOP state legislatures decided that they are going out of there ways to be a bunch of fascist douchebags?
The world will shine with light in our nightmare
Just Passion Through
Atlas Legend
Norway

Political Matrix
E: -6.32, S: -7.48

P P P

« Reply #36 on: April 15, 2021, 09:00:19 PM »

Seriously, this was a constant joke on 4chan like thirteen years ago. /b/ is always right.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 15, 2021, 09:21:23 PM »

WTF does this even mean? You're even less coherent than normal, which is saying a ton. In what world do you live in where cops who suspect you of a crime inspect your genitals?

Oh dear. Um, Reckoning? I hate to tell you, but I don't think those guys in your neighborhood who keep stopping you are real cops. Sad Shocked

Not going to lie, this was pretty funny, but their are certain circumstances in which police might ask you to strip down.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #38 on: April 15, 2021, 10:34:03 PM »

Not going to lie, this was pretty funny, but their are certain circumstances in which police might ask you to strip down.

Thank you. I was actually rather proud of it and I'm disappointed it hasn't gotten any recommendations yet. I actually was proud enough that I shared it with my wife who laughed her ass off. Oh God. Now I have to answer yes if someone starts a poll as to whether I've told my family about the Reckoning. Tongue

But yes, that can happen with police , but only when someone has been arrested and are being incarcerated in the County Jail rather than being released with a summons. Or possibly with a warrant issued by a judge after finding of probable to suspect criminal activity. think for a moment just how extreme that limited for the most serious of law enforcement application of power is what we are now applying to school-age Athletics?!? and not based on probable cause and constitutional protections, but rather whenever some Karen thanks the girl beating her little Brittany in track looks kind of Butch?

This is a solution desperately looking for a problem, and a mean-spirited and actually demonstrably harmful to the children it affects.
Skunk
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.03, S: -9.48

« Reply #39 on: April 15, 2021, 10:42:54 PM »

Unsurprising that the party who insists that Democrats are Satan-worshipping pedophiles or whatever would support the molestation of children who are "suspected" for being trans. It was always projection.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #40 on: April 15, 2021, 10:58:08 PM »

God, why are Republicans like this? I know I should Read Another Book™, but Dreadnought put it best: Isn't it enough to tell them I'm a girl? What does it really matter what my chromosomes are?

The Republican party is like this because a majority are sick sick cultural Warriors like fuzzy bear. And the so-called "good ones" like osr and lfromnj will still gladly vote for the candidates who support this bigoted trash so long as they also support tax cuts, environmental deregulation, and laws making it hard to unionize.

Lol Fuzzy voted for Gillum and posted he thought Abrams was robbed so the idea he is some cultural warrior is lol worthy
GM Team Member and Senator WB
weatherboy1102
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.61, S: -7.83

P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #41 on: April 15, 2021, 11:08:09 PM »

I block very few people. Welcome to the club.
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2021, 11:10:16 PM »

Yeah no strip searching children, ffs.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #43 on: April 16, 2021, 01:19:13 AM »

Perhaps the solution to this is to divide sports along "weight" classes like boxing, as opposed to gender.
Doesn't really make it fair either. Men are just far faster, more athletic and have better spatial sense regardless of weight.

Reported for hate speech.
Assume you're joking?
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #44 on: April 16, 2021, 01:28:47 AM »

I have serious reservations about transgender women playing sports with cisgender women but Republicans always seem to find a solution that's even worse than the problem.
HAnnA MArin County
semocrat08
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #45 on: April 16, 2021, 01:45:45 AM »

Between this and the Oklahoma bill why is tonight when GOP state legislatures decided that they are going out of there ways to be a bunch of fascist douchebags?
In fairness to those GOP state legislatures, tonight is just like any other night for those of us who've known all along that that party cult is nothing but fascist douchenozzles.

The cruelty IS the whole point. Hate and fear is what motivates their paranoid reactionary base of outrage-driven snowflakes. They know they've lost the war over gay rights, so I guess now they're just gonna try their hand at trans rights. As long as they get their tax cuts for their wealthy donors and themselves, they really don't care about anything else (I mean, other than owning the libs, in the process). I'm sure there are plenty of Rethugs out there who don't believe any of the asinine crap they spout on a daily basis but they have to perform the part of racist, sexist, homophobic bigots for their base of deplorables who DO actually believe their lies.
BlueSwan
blueswan
Junior Chimp
Denmark

Political Matrix
E: -4.26, S: -7.30

« Reply #46 on: April 16, 2021, 01:46:53 AM »

I have serious reservations about transgender women playing sports with cisgender women but Republicans always seem to find a solution that's even worse than the problem.
Yeah,  the thing is, why make this into a huge issue in the first place? Let the sports organizations regulate this. Also, these are the kinds of issues that resolves itself over time.

Anyway, I am by no means a big sports nerd, but the way I tend to view sports is that "Mens sports" isn't really exclusively for men. It is just the category for the highest level. So they make lots of categories for those who cannot compete at this top level. There are categories for juniors. There are categories for seniors. There are categories for women.

But if you are a junior who is good enough to compete at the highest level, then you are usually allowed to do so (with some restictions to protect the very young). Likewise, if you are old enough for the "senior tour" or whatever, but still can compete at the highest level then you are allowed to. And I bet in most cases, a women who is good enough to compete at the highest level would usually be allowed to compete in "men's" events as well. There are plenty of examples of highly talented girls playing on boys teams because they were good enough to do so. Take even a non-athletic "sport" like chess. Judit Polgar got to the top 10 in the world in a totally male dominated game. A good example that usually women compete against women in women's events, but if they are good enough they can compete in the "men's" events.

So maybe a good solution is to simply redefine the categories and not even have a "mens" category. You could just have the "elite category", which is for everybody regardless of gender, and then you could have a whole variety of categories for people who for various reasons are not good enough for the elite category. This is in practice how it functions already, so you could just make it official. Either way, I don't really care very much and think that this is something that politicians should stay out of UNLESS sports organizations suddenly engaged in obvious discriminatory behaviour, like making sports all-white or some sh*t like that.
Badger
badger
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 16, 2021, 02:16:32 AM »

God, why are Republicans like this? I know I should Read Another Book™, but Dreadnought put it best: Isn't it enough to tell them I'm a girl? What does it really matter what my chromosomes are?

The Republican party is like this because a majority are sick sick cultural Warriors like fuzzy bear. And the so-called "good ones" like osr and lfromnj will still gladly vote for the candidates who support this bigoted trash so long as they also support tax cuts, environmental deregulation, and laws making it hard to unionize.

Lol Fuzzy voted for Gillum and posted he thought Abrams was robbed so the idea he is some cultural warrior is lol worthy

And that process....litterally nothing?

Seriously, have you not been on Atlas the lazt several years? his enitre post I g history is one f religious right cultural war stuff. in what uni erse does his voting for Gillim or thinking Abrams was robbed change that?
Interlocutor is just not there yet
Interlocutor
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -5.04

« Reply #48 on: April 16, 2021, 02:53:23 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 05:08:15 AM by Monstro Believes DeSantis is more Overrated than Haley »

Man, you just sink lower and lower. I take it you also approve of Texas stripping trans-approving parents of their children? Or is that just "misleading" too?

You made your anti-trans bed. Sleep in it.

EDIT: Reported post #11
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 16, 2021, 03:03:09 AM »
« Edited: April 16, 2021, 03:07:22 AM by Horus »

Man, you just sink lower and lower. And I thought you were a great poster.

I take it you also approve of Texas stripping trans-approving parents of their children? Or is that just "misleading" too?

You made your anti-trans bed. Sleep in it.

Oh no, a stranger on the internet called me anti trans. My life is ruined.

Also your signature, and for that matter your entire personality, makes you look like a huge Karen. Do you ever experience joy?
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies