Argument against Christian God
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 10:40:03 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Discussion
  Religion & Philosophy (Moderator: Okay, maybe Mike Johnson is a competent parliamentarian.)
  Argument against Christian God
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: Argument against Christian God  (Read 893 times)
°Leprechaun
tmcusa2
Junior Chimp
Uruguay

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2021, 07:31:54 AM »

Generally using adherent numbers instead of a general take of comparing with others and pondering how they know “better” is a bad argument.
Yes, it's a logical fallacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2021, 01:47:35 AM »

Aren’t they culturally determined? I don’t generally hear about a little Baptist boy  in Houston hearing the Hindu Gods in heaven speaking Sanskrit.
I suppose I was arguing more from an argument of religious feeling than religious experience. But it does seem that such experiences obviously have some correlation with culture. This is not a strong indicator of anything except that more and more people must be accused of irrational delusions for the materialist to be correct.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2021, 06:14:11 AM »

There isn't any argument, we can believe whatever you want to, as God is this extraterrestrial life that gave us life and our love ones can be reincarnated in 300/400 yrs from now until there is a Rapture
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #28 on: April 18, 2021, 06:25:57 AM »

Aren’t they culturally determined? I don’t generally hear about a little Baptist boy  in Houston hearing the Hindu Gods in heaven speaking Sanskrit.
I suppose I was arguing more from an argument of religious feeling than religious experience. But it does seem that such experiences obviously have some correlation with culture. This is not a strong indicator of anything except that more and more people must be accused of irrational delusions for the materialist to be correct.
So, many people once we’re scared of eclipsed yet even medieval Europeans knew it was just a shadow(of the moon or the Earth).
vitoNova
United States

« Reply #29 on: April 18, 2021, 10:01:32 AM »

The same people who worship Jeebus today are the same exact people who will bow down feverishly before Lord Xenu and his Holy Volcano Virgins under the banner of Scientology in about 400 years once the Abrahamic religions have gotten stale and lost their luster.

Or whatever cult happens to emerge politically victorious.

Therein is the argument.
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2021, 11:42:46 AM »

So, many people once we’re scared of eclipsed yet even medieval Europeans knew it was just a shadow(of the moon or the Earth).
This is one of two arguments: 1) people were once afraid of eclipses, they were wrong, therefore many people could be wrong now; 2) eclipses are an illusion, therefore other things can be illusions, therefore these are all illusions.
Samof94
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #31 on: April 19, 2021, 06:17:29 AM »

The same people who worship Jeebus today are the same exact people who will bow down feverishly before Lord Xenu and his Holy Volcano Virgins under the banner of Scientology in about 400 years once the Abrahamic religions have gotten stale and lost their luster.

Or whatever cult happens to emerge politically victorious.

Therein is the argument.
Pirate ships could counter global warming according to the Pastafarians, a new religion formed a couple of decades ago.
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies