DeSantis defeats TRUMP at Conservative Conference Straw Poll
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:47:41 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  DeSantis defeats TRUMP at Conservative Conference Straw Poll
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2]
Author Topic: DeSantis defeats TRUMP at Conservative Conference Straw Poll  (Read 1150 times)
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2021, 06:46:20 AM »

Thank you for the reply North Carolina. I understand there are Republicans who want to go in a different direction from Trumpism and want to emphasize “lessons” learned from last years “loss.”

However the facts demonstrate that Donald won the electoral college last year, so I argue that the lesson learned is to continue with Trumpism and President Trump in 2024 as I think Ron DeSantis is not as strong at campaigning and weathering national political spotlight

oh my god
this forum is going downhill fast
True Federalist (진정한 연방 주의자)
Ernest
Moderators
Atlas Legend
United States

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2021, 08:29:04 AM »

At this distant point, the two principal questions concerning the Republican nominee in 2024 are?

1. How soon will Republican primary voters realize Trump has little chance of winning the general election?

2. Will Republican primary voters care?

I'll point out that one thing that helped Trump in 2016 was the widely held perception that the election was all about which Republican would defeat Clinton in the general election.

Democrats weren't as confident in 2020 that the election was all about which Democrat would defeat Trump in the general election, which is a large part of why Biden won the nomination.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2021, 10:33:03 AM »

I get the feeling that Ron is peaking too early in the race.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2021, 10:38:46 AM »

He hasn't defeated Crist, a respectable opponent than Andrew Gillium and he has to win before he even gets to nomination, what happens if Trump gets indicted and DeSantis looses, then the Rs are stuck with Pence

That's why Crist or Fried targeted DeSantis whom is in his honeymoon period before he gets scrutinized in 2022, and 3 debates are important and Crist is a fierce debator
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2021, 02:49:25 PM »

If Trump wins the GOP nomination in 2024 (somewhat unlikely given the result of this straw poll, although it doesn't signify much and Trump could still win), he'd get steamrolled in the general election. He lost in 2020, and probably Georgia and Arizona would shift even further to the left after Trump's Big Lie and January 6. Also, Trump may call himself a Floridian, but in reality he will always be from New York. (It's like saying Richard Nixon was a New Yorker in 1968 just because he had lived there for a few years after having spent his whole life in California.)
Pages: 1 [2]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies