Mock Parliament Revival Interest Thread: PR America
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:36:30 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games
  Mock Parliament (Moderators: Hash, Dereich)
  Mock Parliament Revival Interest Thread: PR America
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Mock Parliament Revival Interest Thread: PR America  (Read 2174 times)
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 09, 2021, 12:41:07 AM »
« edited: October 04, 2021, 06:38:29 PM by Clinton/Kaine/ Northam/ Biden/Warner voter for Youngkin »

This board seems dead, so to revive it, I'd like to have a PR America game and then subsequent legislative session (so a combination of a normal game and then something similar to Atlasia), the game would start at the end of the 2018 elections, and it would end at the 2020 elections, there would need to be coalition agreements, etc., and then the legislative part starts in January 2021. For simplicity purposes, this is going to use STV for single member districts and the current 435 member House will be preserved. The PR amendment passed in 2017 for the purposes of this game, so the current House maps are kept.

Link to map of seats currently held by the parties: https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/AqEwrm5

Government:

Democratic Party (Leader: Nancy Pelosi (CA-12)): 119 seats, FalterinArc
Progressive Party (Leader: Hakeem Jeffries (NY-08)): 90 seats, CraneHusband
Blue Dog Party (Leader: Tom O'Halleran (AZ-01)): 26 seats

Opposition:

Republican Party (Leader: Kevin McCarthy (CA-23)): 124 seats, RGM2609
Conservative Party (Leader: Mark Meadows (NC-11)): 38 seats
Liberal Conservative Party (Leader: Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05)): 33 seats, Ishan

Neutral:

Centrist Alliance (Leader: Adam Kinzinger (IL-15)): 5 seats, CentristRepublican

Current leadership:

Prime Minister: Nancy Pelosi (D-CA)
Deputy Prime Minister: Hakeem Jeffries (D-NY)

Opposition:

Leader of the Opposition: Kevin McCarthy (R-CA)

So this a multi-party PR America game, also the moderate factions of each political wing have more leeway here, the starting point is basically the IRL results, with IRL caucuses being used to form the initial coalitions. Of course, there are some districts that are repped by Representatives who might not be most in line with that district's ideology, and thus a party of the same wing, but different ideology might want to target said seat. Anyways, this is an interest thread, but this is how it would work. Also the form of government is unicameral parliamentarianism.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 12:45:44 AM »
« Edited: October 01, 2021, 04:26:54 PM by Ishan »

I'd like to take the Liberal Conservative Party if there is interest in this.

Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:39 PM »

I'm potentially interested in playing, don't know 100% how it works but I think I could get the hang of it. I'll have to see if I have time if/when this starts.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2021, 08:28:40 PM »

bump, is there interest in this? I think it'd be an interesting idea to mod, and this board needs to be revived
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2021, 10:30:12 PM »

Restating my interest.
RGM2609
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2021, 02:33:42 PM »

I would be interested too.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2021, 04:33:56 PM »

(GM's note: The coalition in the OP are only suggested and do not have to be followed)

November 6, 2018

The first election under the parliamentary system was a major success for the left bloc as retiring Prime Minister Paul Ryan's right bloc fell to 200 seats. The success of the left was largely accredited to the unpopularity of the Prime Minister's repeal of the Affordable Care Act, which had been suggested by former President Trump before the parliamentary amendment abolished his position. Opposition Leader Nancy Pelosi, widely expected to form the next government, ran on an opposition to the Prime Minister's repeal of the Affordable Care Act. Another unpopular part of the government's platform was the Prime Minister's attempt to reform Social Security, which he backed down from after his coalition partner, the Liberal Conservatives indicated that they would not support it. Seeing his numbers fall sharply, the Prime Minister announced he would not run for re-election. However, it is not all gloom for the right bloc, the ability for the Opposition Leader to form the next government rests on her continuing to receive support from the Blue Dogs. Blue Dog Leader Tom O'Halleran had categorically ruled out joining the right during the Ryan ministry, but has made no decision so far. The Democrats' other coalition partner, the Progressives, face a possible leadership challenge brewing, as many in the party feel that current leader, Hakeem Jeffries is not progressive enough, and would not be able to represent the party's interests as the likely next Deputy Prime Minister. Meanwhile as the right bloc seeks to go into opposition, Kevin McCarthy, the party's deputy leader is widely expected to be elevated as the party leader. As her party placed first, Mrs. Pelosi will have two weeks (1 turn) to form a government, if she fails, then Mr. McCarthy will be invited to form a government (1 turn), if they both fail, then snap elections shall be called.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2021, 04:35:34 PM »

I am interested in playing as the Liberal Conservative Party.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2021, 04:36:50 PM »

I’ll be Nancy Pelosi/Democrats
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2021, 04:41:52 PM »
« Edited: October 15, 2021, 10:58:11 PM by S019 »

Rules:

1. Please communicate any and all actions with the GM (me)
2. Please play in character, do not have the Republicans support a bill to establish single payer healthcare, etc.
3. GM may veto any actions viewed as unrealistic (i.e. Republican-Democratic grand coalitions, when all options have not been exhausted)
4. Polling will be issued on a turn by turn basis
5. You may change leaders if you like by starting a leadership challenge, please inform the GM, who will then determine whether or not the leadership challenge was successful, by looking at factors such as leaders' popularity in the caucus and among the electorate, their effectiveness, etc. A warning this will hurt you in the polls and make you look indecisive unless your leader is unpopular among the public.
6. Once introduced legislation shall be debated for a minimum of 2 days (RL time), any time after 2 days the government may call for a vote.

Current polling:

Left Bloc: 53%
Democrats: 29%
Progressives: 16%
Blue Dogs: 8%

Right Bloc: 45%
Republicans: 22%
Conservatives: 18%
Liberal Conservatives: 5%
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2021, 08:51:19 PM »

I claim the Revolutionary Progressive Communist Party of the United States
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2021, 11:51:21 PM »

This board seems dead, so to revive it, I'd like to have a PR America game and then subsequent legislative session (so a combination of a normal game and then something similar to Atlasia), the game would start at the end of the 2018 elections, and it would end at the 2020 elections, there would need to be coalition agreements, etc., and then the legislative part starts in January 2021. For simplicity purposes, this is going to use STV for single member districts and the current 435 member House will be preserved. The PR amendment passed in 2017 for the purposes of this game, so the current House maps are kept.

Link to map of seats currently held by the parties: https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/ZMeBAl5

Government:

Blue Dog Party (Leader: Tom O'Halleran (AZ-01)): 27 seats

Opposition:

Republican Party (Leader: Kevin McCarthy (CA-23)): 124 seats
Liberal Conservative Party (Leader: Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05)): 37 seats, Ishan

Current leadership:

Opposition:

So this a multi-party PR America game, also the moderate factions of each political wing have more leeway here, the starting point is basically the IRL results, with IRL caucuses being used to form the initial coalitions. Of course, there are some districts that are repped by Representatives who might not be most in line with that district's ideology, and thus a party of the same wing, but different ideology might want to target said seat. Anyways, this is an interest thread, but this is how it would work. Also the form of government is unicameral parliamentarianism.

I would like to play.

A.) Could you explain the rules a little more to me? I haven't played this thing before and don't really understand.
B.) If at all possible is there a way for me to create a centrist coalition? Or another centre-right one? If so, I'll head that, but if there's no way it can happen, then I wouldn't mind playing as the Blue Dog Coalition.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2021, 12:15:24 AM »

Link to map of seats currently held by the parties: https://www.270towin.com/2020-house-election/ZMeBAl5

Government:

Opposition:

Liberal Conservative Party (Leader: Cathy McMorris Rodgers (WA-05)): 37 seats, Ishan

Current leadership:

Opposition:

I would like to play.

A.) Could you explain the rules a little more to me? I haven't played this thing before and don't really understand.

Sure, so the way that this works is that it's a parliamentary system, meaning that the executive derives their power from the legislature. In this case, what that means is that the Prime-Minister designate must have a majority of parliament vote for confidence in them, obviously many parliamentary systems are not two party ones like our own, but instead they're multi-party systems. What this means is a Prime-Minister designate often needs the backing of multiple parties to form a government, so they will be involved in negotiations with the parties which, for the purpose of this game, should also be discussed with the GM. This process is known as government formation and for our purposes, it will be conducted via PM. This is really all you need to know for now. During government formation, parties will often demand concessions to join a coalition, this can be something as simple as depending a single policy or as complex as demanding pork for multiple MPs and extracting promises on a wide range of policies, generally the more leverage that a party has, the more concessions it can extract.

B.) If at all possible is there a way for me to create a centrist coalition? Or another centre-right one? If so, I'll head that, but if there's no way it can happen, then I wouldn't mind playing as the Blue Dog Coalition.

Well it is possible, and you can create a band of MPs (which are just the RL Congresspeople post 2018) to make that group, but it'd start at a low point in the polls and you'd be likely to lose all or most of your MPs if you don't run a good campaign (see Change UK). I'd be happy to see you as the Blue Dogs, if that's what you choose.
RGM2609
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2021, 01:14:57 AM »

The Progressive Party please
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #14 on: October 02, 2021, 01:16:14 AM »

someone already took that (Crane clarified to me in PMs that he meant the Progressives and I assigned it to him accordingly), we need some right wingers, would you mind taking the Republicans or the Conservatives?
RGM2609
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2021, 01:21:39 AM »

someone already took that (Crane clarified to me in PMs that he meant the Progressives and I assigned it to him accordingly), we need some right wingers, would you mind taking the Republicans or the Conservatives?
No, I guess. The Republicans please
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2021, 02:29:00 AM »

Government:

Opposition:

Current leadership:

Opposition:

I would like to play.

Sure, so the way that this works is that it's a parliamentary system, meaning that the executive derives their power from the legislature. In this case, what that means is that the Prime-Minister designate must have a majority of parliament vote for confidence in them, obviously many parliamentary systems are not two party ones like our own, but instead they're multi-party systems. What this means is a Prime-Minister designate often needs the backing of multiple parties to form a government, so they will be involved in negotiations with the parties which, for the purpose of this game, should also be discussed with the GM. This process is known as government formation and for our purposes, it will be conducted via PM. This is really all you need to know for now. During government formation, parties will often demand concessions to join a coalition, this can be something as simple as depending a single policy or as complex as demanding pork for multiple MPs and extracting promises on a wide range of policies, generally the more leverage that a party has, the more concessions it can extract.

Well it is possible, and you can create a band of MPs (which are just the RL Congresspeople post 2018) to make that group, but it'd start at a low point in the polls and you'd be likely to lose all or most of your MPs if you don't run a good campaign (see Change UK). I'd be happy to see you as the Blue Dogs, if that's what you choose.

If I can pick any representatives from the 116th congress for my centrist party, I'll start with John Katko (R-NY), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Fred Upton (R-MI), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), and Collin Peterson (D-MN), for now, if that's possible. And if I can include people from the 117th Congress, I'll add on Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL).

If I can't take them, I suppose I'll just go with the Blue Dogs then.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2021, 12:45:19 PM »

The lore is incredibly boring, stale, and copy pasted from RL. No thanks.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2021, 02:32:09 PM »

Government:

Opposition:

Current leadership:

Opposition:

I would like to play.

If I can pick any representatives from the 116th congress for my centrist party, I'll start with John Katko (R-NY), Brian Fitzpatrick (R-PA), Fred Upton (R-MI), Adam Kinzinger (R-IL), and Collin Peterson (D-MN), for now, if that's possible. And if I can include people from the 117th Congress, I'll add on Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL).

sure you can be this centrist party, can you just come up with a name and a party leader?
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2021, 09:48:00 PM »

Government:

Opposition:

Current leadership:

Opposition:

I would like to play.

sure you can be this centrist party, can you just come up with a name and a party leader?

The Centrist Alliance can be led by Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL). Can I include people who weren't in the 116th Congress but are in the 117th Congress? If so, I will add David Valadao (R-CA) and Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL).
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2021, 10:08:07 PM »

Government:

Opposition:

Current leadership:

Opposition:

I would like to play.

The Centrist Alliance can be led by Representative Adam Kinzinger (R-IL). Can I include people who weren't in the 116th Congress but are in the 117th Congress? If so, I will add David Valadao (R-CA) and Maria Elvira Salazar (R-FL).

No, because we're starting after the 2018 elections, but these people can run in 2020, also I will update OP to reflect your new party, welcome!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2021, 06:16:55 PM »

So when does stuff happen? Like when do we start legislating/playing/voting/politicking?
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P P

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2021, 07:19:42 PM »

So when does stuff happen? Like when do we start legislating/playing/voting/politicking?

Well right now, we're still in the government formation, I'll message everyone once that is done and we're ready to start legislating.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies