Erdogan snubs/ridicules von der Leyen @ meeting in Turkey (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:24:25 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  International General Discussion (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Erdogan snubs/ridicules von der Leyen @ meeting in Turkey (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Erdogan snubs/ridicules von der Leyen @ meeting in Turkey  (Read 610 times)
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« on: April 08, 2021, 12:03:46 PM »

Europe should treat Turkey as North Korea.

Why do we even go there. Let them rot. Ursula Von Der Leyen had to leave immediately. It's disgusting towards every woman on this global world.

I don't want a European president who let herself be humiliated like this.

We should show Turkey that you can not mock / snub / ridicule the western world, and say: ENOUGH is ENOUGH.

Extremely hard (economical) sanctions that will cripple that nation
Block all aid, all financial support, and forbid them to become a EU member
Recognize Rojava territory
Annex Northern Cyprus, and give back that territory to Cyprus
Occupy European Turkey and give this territory under control of the Greeks
Block the Bosporus with ships
Block all trade
Block all travel from and towards Turkey
Start negotiations with Syria and Iraq to recognize the Rojava territory and to acknowledge Assad's rule over the rest of Syria, because the conflict needs to end, and destroy all of ISIS. Work together with Russia on this issue.

Perhaps give Erdogan a sincere warning that this will happen next time this happens, but the next time this ing happens or Erdogan start doing this kind of stuff and continue to ridicule all of Europe, show them our strength (and start implementing phasing of sanctions).

That will learn them to provoke us
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:08:13 PM »

And it's not this alone. Just this week, they started prosecuting (and executing) HDP party members. It needs to stop. We are way too forgiving for nations such as Turkey that have no single part of decency left.

Europe is way too soft in foreign policy, and people are abusing this.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 12:21:49 PM »

are you willing to die as a soldier to act upon your demands? i only highlighted the most obvious one but all of your suggestions are frankly out there. turkey is not a colony that you can dictate terms too, they can punch back

Well just execute economical sanction. If we sanction Russia, we should sanction Turkey. But yes I overreacted a bit and i'm sorry. I was a bit angry for other reasons. Wouldn't do that of course.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 02:18:50 PM »

are you willing to die as a soldier to act upon your demands? i only highlighted the most obvious one but all of your suggestions are frankly out there. turkey is not a colony that you can dictate terms too, they can punch back

Well just execute economical sanction. If we sanction Russia, we should sanction Turkey.

Imposing economic sanctions is a possible reaction to blatant violations of international law (Russia).
Imposing economic sanctions is NOT a possible reaction to not be offered a chair (Turkey).

Get real. This is politics - not kindergarten. There is a major difference between the illegal annexation of Crimea and a breach of diplomatic protocol.

It's more than that.

This is also deeply sexist and anti-woman in general.

She should always have left. At least i would have done that. Every self-respecting woman LEAVES at that point.

And this is something both the right and the left in my country has said. It's not a left vs right issue. It's common sense.

You show some decency and respect towards your guests. And i don't care if this is kindergarten or the international political theater, this is something that should be respected.

And you know pretty well that this is just more than just a breach of diplomatical protocol. You compare this to the annexation of Crimea, but have you read about what Turkey has done and is doing right now, mainly towards Kurds?

If you ask me, far more serious than anything Russia has done so far
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies