HB 29-33: ESCOBAR Act (Passed)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:12:20 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HB 29-33: ESCOBAR Act (Passed)
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: HB 29-33: ESCOBAR Act (Passed)  (Read 1101 times)
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 08, 2021, 01:00:12 AM »
« edited: April 17, 2021, 02:42:06 AM by ¿ »

A BILL
to enrich the minds and bodies of Atlasians

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

1. This bill may be known as the Enabling Stimulants, Cocaine, and Other Bad Ass Remedies Act. It may be cited as the ESCOBAR Act.

Section II. Content

1. The stimulating substance derived from the leaves of the coca plant, commonly known as cocaine, coke, blow, and by a number of other names, is legalized at the federal level across Atlasia.
2. All persons currently imprisoned for cocaine-related crimes are to be released immediately.
3. Regional and local governments have the power to regulate cocaine sales in their jurisdiction.

Sponsor: MB
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Moderators
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 01:02:06 AM »

A chicken in every pot, and a line on every desk.
WD
Western Democrat
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -7.35, S: -0.35

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:05 AM »

If the house passes this, the lives of every Atlasian will be changed for the better.
UlmerFudd
United States

Political Matrix
E: 2.45, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 01:04:34 AM »

This is needed legislation that will restore our god given right to cocaine.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 01:27:36 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 01:42:28 AM by Clinton/Kaine/ Northam/ Biden/Warner voter for Cox »

This is extremely unwise and borderline dangerous legislation, the House should be prudent and not pass this.

Cocaine is a dangerous, addictive drug and it destroys countless lives. Its use should absolutely not be encouraged under any circumstances. Also a "god given right to cocaine" does not exist and such a statement demonstrates a poor grasp of policy on this particular issue.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2021, 01:31:57 AM »

As our resident pro fun Vice President, I support this initiative.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 02:32:46 AM »

There are serious structural inequalities in the cocaine market: Black communities have been ravaged by the drug trade, while wealthy white Atlasians still indulge in the drug at parties.

We need to act to remedy these gaps, and we can start with a pilot program. That is why the House must amend this bill as follows:

A BILL

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the Republic of Atlasia in Congress assembled,

Section I. Title

1. This bill may be known as the Enabling Stimulants, Cocaine, and Other Bad Ass Remedies Act. It may be cited as the ESCOBAR Act.

Section II. Content

1. The stimulating substance derived from the leaves of the coca plant, commonly known as cocaine, coke, blow, and by a number of other names, is legalized at the federal level across Atlasia.
2. All persons currently imprisoned for cocaine-related crimes are to be released immediately.
3. Regional and local governments have the power to regulate cocaine sales in their jurisdiction.

Section III. PABLO Payments

1. The Treasury shall mail a debit card preloaded with one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) to a randomly selected group of one in ten (10) Atlasian adults over the age of twenty-one (21).
a. This debit card may only be used to purchase cocaine from lawfully operating cocaine vendors.
b. The office of the Treasury responsible for distributing and monitoring these payments shall be known as the Provide Assistance Buying Legally Office (PABLO).
P. Clodius Pulcher did nothing wrong
razze
Junior Chimp
Cuba

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -4.96

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 03:21:20 PM »

I support this amendment!
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 08:48:06 PM »

This is extremely unwise and borderline dangerous legislation, the House should be prudent and not pass this.

Cocaine is a dangerous, addictive drug and it destroys countless lives. Its use should absolutely not be encouraged under any circumstances. Also a "god given right to cocaine" does not exist and such a statement demonstrates a poor grasp of policy on this particular issue.

so is alcohol
Harvey Updyke Jr🌹
jtsmd2
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -7.22

P P P
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 08:49:05 PM »

I will be offering an amendment to clarify that only nonviolent offenders are released.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2021, 04:01:29 AM »

There are serious structural inequalities in the cocaine market: Black communities have been ravaged by the drug trade, while wealthy white Atlasians still indulge in the drug at parties.

We need to act to remedy these gaps, and we can start with a pilot program. That is why the House must amend this bill as follows:

A BILL

Section I. Title

Section II. Content

Section III. PABLO Payments

1. The Treasury shall mail a debit card preloaded with one hundred and fifty dollars ($150) to a randomly selected group of one in ten (10) Atlasian adults over the age of twenty-one (21).
a. This debit card may only be used to purchase cocaine from lawfully operating cocaine vendors.
b. The office of the Treasury responsible for distributing and monitoring these payments shall be known as the Provide Assistance Buying Legally Office (PABLO).

This amendment has been adopted
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2021, 01:13:38 AM »

Now hold it – a question for the former President, if I may. How exactly does this amendment fix the very real inequalities in the cocaine market? Random selection doesn't seem like the best course of action here but I'd like to hear the reasoning behind it.
Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2021, 12:39:10 AM »

Now hold it – a question for the former President, if I may. How exactly does this amendment fix the very real inequalities in the cocaine market? Random selection doesn't seem like the best course of action here but I'd like to hear the reasoning behind it.

I introduced this as a gag anticipating (incorrectly) that it would not be adopted. Unfortunately, I do not believe that $3.1B in cocaine vouchers will solve these problems, no matter how they're distributed.
Talleyrand
YaBB God

« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2021, 01:22:23 PM »

All for decriminalization here, but no way I'm voting for this.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2021, 02:07:56 PM »

I'll motion for a final vote
lfromnj
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon

« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2021, 08:20:13 PM »

Yeah no, didn't see this but I am not a fan of giving free money for recreational drug use at all.

A BILL

Section I. Title

Section II. Content

Amendment back to original form. Removed PABLO.
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2021, 08:30:12 PM »

I'm not gonna object to the amendment because it'll have a higher chance passing this way.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2021, 01:59:36 AM »

I presume the amendment is adopted?
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2021, 03:16:44 AM »

Amendment is adopted
Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2021, 03:30:01 PM »

A final vote has started. Remember the vote is on the original version. 72 hours.

A BILL

Section I. Title

Section II. Content

Dr. MB
MB
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Libyan Arab Jamahiriya

« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2021, 03:30:15 PM »

Aye
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States