HR 29-32: Canadian Common Market Recommendation Resolution (Passed) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 09:10:15 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Government (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  HR 29-32: Canadian Common Market Recommendation Resolution (Passed) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: HR 29-32: Canadian Common Market Recommendation Resolution (Passed)  (Read 431 times)
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« on: April 10, 2021, 01:20:38 AM »

The President and SoS are, of course, free to ignore this resolution should it pass. But I will have to go dig up the prior debate around the initial Canadian Common Market Agreement and see why it was dumped (or people who were around pre-reset could weigh in if they so choose).
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2021, 11:10:35 AM »

TBH I would have liked to get the SoS's input on this, as I believe I said in the other thread for the prior resolution, but as this is only a recommendation the administration will still have the final say on its viability regardless.

Abstain.
Joseph Cao
Rep. Joseph Cao
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2021, 02:12:53 AM »

The President and SoS are, of course, free to ignore this resolution should it pass. But I will have to go dig up the prior debate around the initial Canadian Common Market Agreement and see why it was dumped (or people who were around pre-reset could weigh in if they so choose).
It wasn't dumped. The ACCMA was in place until it was repealed by the reset; afterwards, people decided to pursue a deal with the UK because they asked first and it was more "novel" at the time as we'd had a deal with Canada for years.

Ah, that makes sense. Certainly easier on our collective minds here in the House and in the Senate when it gets to them, I'm sure.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies