Worst Political Leaders #2: Vladimir Putin vs. George W. Bush (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:23:23 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Political Debate (Moderator: Torie)
  Worst Political Leaders #2: Vladimir Putin vs. George W. Bush (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: Who is worse?
George W. Bush

Vladimir Putin

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 23

Author Topic: Worst Political Leaders #2: Vladimir Putin vs. George W. Bush  (Read 1134 times)
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« on: April 07, 2021, 10:43:09 PM »

RESULTS OF 4/7's POLL

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi - 13 votes
Marine Le Pen - 7 votes

Baghdadi is moving to the next bracket with 15 others.

For today, I span the wheel and got an interesting combo. George W. Bush, president of USA from 2001-2009 vs. Vladimir Putin, current president of Russia.

Let the voting commence! You have until midnight 4/9 to vote.

PREVIOUS MATCHUPS:

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi
Marine Le Pen

Also, Please no drama and be respectful in the replies and let me know what you think of this idea. If this is successful I'll do a 32 Best World Leaders bracket later down the line.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 11:35:40 AM »

Poll is actually looking pretty close at the moment.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 11:42:12 AM »

This one is hard. Putin will obviously win this poll, but personally i don't think the difference is very big. As a person I think Bush is a better person, no question, although I also think Putin is a better person IRL than his policies suggest, but Putin is also very strategic, intelligent and smart, and outclasses Bush in that regard.

I'm not sure how we have to define worst political leader. If we measure it in terms of capability and things like that, Putin wins this, because Bush was not a good leader at all.

But if we measure it in terms of would you rather have Bush as president or Putin as prime minister of your country. Perhaps the answer is Bush. But what if turn the tides, and make Putin president of the USA and Bush president of Russia. Would the answer still be the same, and i'm not that sure anymore.

So i'll probably vote Bush, but i'm not voting yet, because i'm not sure what the definition of worst political leader is, since depending on the definition, Putin might be the worst after all, and also because I want to hear some other users out what they think about this match-up, which could change my opinion.

Not that it would matter in the end, because Putin is certainly going to have the "honour" to win this poll.

Part of my reasoning is also: "okay we have Putin", but are we sure that if someone else leads Russia, Russia is going to be a better country, and that relations wouldn't even be more hostile? I mean Zhirinovsky and Zyuganov are his two main opponents, and I don't think they're better than Putin in regards to international policy. Even Navalny isn't really an FF, given his attitude towards Georgia.

In terms of worse. I mean that in terms of both capability and would you rather have Bush or Putin as leader of your country with maybe a slight bias toward the latter of the two. For me, the vote was rather easy. I voted for Bush mainly because Putin did not launch a massive war of aggression, killing hundreds of thousands. Putin has always been well liked by his people, Bush was not when he left office so that's another big difference for me.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2021, 11:51:12 AM »

It's a tied vote at the moment. If the vote is tied at midnight, I'll move who I find worse to the next bracket.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2021, 08:33:11 PM »

Only two and a half hours left to vote.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 04:31:47 AM »

Poll is closed. I will take a break today.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies