Opinion of this theory of the location of Atlantis?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:01:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  Individual Politics (Moderator: The Dowager Mod)
  Opinion of this theory of the location of Atlantis?
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: ?
Freedom Theory

Horrible Theory

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 11

Author Topic: Opinion of this theory of the location of Atlantis?  (Read 1976 times)
MaximaEt_Illustratum
Rookie
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 03, 2021, 01:40:19 PM »

If you are feeling too lazy to watch all three videos, just watch the third one. It sums everything up.

The Richat Structure is also located beyond the Pillars of Hercules. Additionally, the Richat Structure perfectly matches Plato's physical descriptions of Atlantis (concentric circles, thee of water, two of land, 127 stadia/23.5 km in length, opening to the south, etc.). To add on to that, the Richat Structure is located in a region that was ruled by the Mauri people who were once led by a king named Atlas, Atlantis was also said to be ruled by a king named Atlas. If that wasn't enough to convince you, Herodotus, who is known as the "Father of History," once made what was then one of the most accurate maps of the world. In this map, he literally annotates a place called "Atlantes" near the modern day location of the Richat Structure.

Additionally, Atlantis being located in Africa would make a lot of sense considering that Plato said that he learned the legend of Atlantis from the Egyptians.

To the left is an artist rendering of Atlantis based on Plato's descriptions. To the right is a picture of the modern day Richat Structure:

I don't see how anyone could deny Atlantis being located at the modern-day location of the Richat Structure after watching this video. Remember that people once thought that Troy was just made up.
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2021, 01:54:50 PM »

Off Topic would be a better place for this thread, first of all.

As to this 'Atlantis', I am satisfied with Bronze Age-era Thera (remnants of which are now called Santorini) being the origin of the myth.  
Blue3
Starwatcher
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2021, 02:10:20 PM »

I like the idea it was Indonesia, back when it was a subcontinent until the end of the Ice Age around 10,000BC flooded it. Lots of ancient cities underwater off the coast of India too.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2021, 03:39:48 AM »

It sounds ridicilous, but given I did a lot of research of the Green Sahara cycle, it actually doesn't since 8000 years ago, the Sahara was much wetter and almost entirely grasslands, savanahh, scrubs instead of desert, and had huge lakes inside of it. But instead of them flooding, they dried over time.

The site's origin is volcanic rocks and mostly there created around 95 million years ago (around the split of Northern America and Europe, or a bit later than that). But there is indeed archaealogical evidence of intense human activity during the African Humid Period in that structure. So, while i don't think the structure was created because of irrigation (it would long have been eroded as would other remnants of the Humid Period still be around), it probably was used by humans.

But i don't think "this" was Atlantis. I've wrote my theory about it (or a number of them) in the myths thread.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2021, 03:46:55 AM »

Some theories:

The Mediterranean Sea re-flooding (but this seems to be long ago)
Cumbre Nueva collapse (or smaller Cumbre vieja collapses/landslides) which would create a tsunami, but evidence suggests human never really witnessed that, at least in current form
The possibility of a large asteroid impact around 13.000 years ago
Flooding of the Great Lakes in North America
Draining and melting of ice age lakes into the Atlantic (mostly Canadian ones), which also could have started a re-intensifying of a colder time period.
Black Sea Deluge
And as someone said the Thera volcanic eruption
Doggerland being reflooded (in Netherlands)
Some Indian and Indonesian ancient cities that got flooded
Probably a lot more that I forget.

I think it's hard to ever know what it was, but it probably was indeed based on something.
Cokeland Saxton
United States

Political Matrix
E: -0.26, S: -6.26

P
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2021, 04:09:56 AM »

HT
MaximaEt_Illustratum
Rookie
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 11:26:33 PM »

I like the idea it was Indonesia, back when it was a subcontinent until the end of the Ice Age around 10,000BC flooded it. Lots of ancient cities underwater off the coast of India too.
Off Topic would be a better place for this thread, first of all.

As to this 'Atlantis', I am satisfied with Bronze Age-era Thera (remnants of which are now called Santorini) being the origin of the myth.  
It sounds ridicilous, but given I did a lot of research of the Green Sahara cycle, it actually doesn't since 8000 years ago, the Sahara was much wetter and almost entirely grasslands, savanahh, scrubs instead of desert, and had huge lakes inside of it. But instead of them flooding, they dried over time.

The site's origin is volcanic rocks and mostly there created around 95 million years ago (around the split of Northern America and Europe, or a bit later than that). But there is indeed archaealogical evidence of intense human activity during the African Humid Period in that structure. So, while i don't think the structure was created because of irrigation (it would long have been eroded as would other remnants of the Humid Period still be around), it probably was used by humans.

But i don't think "this" was Atlantis. I've wrote my theory about it (or a number of them) in the myths thread.

Just out of curiosity, did any of you guys even bother to watch at least the third video? There are so many numerous similarities than it seems very hard to argue that the Richat isn't the location. Seriously.
OSR stands with Israel
Computer89
Atlas Legend

Political Matrix
E: 3.42, S: 2.61

P P P

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 11:58:19 PM »

Well it was already revealed in season 4 of Yu-Gi-Oh

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to: