Why isn't there more pressure on elderly Senate Dems to retire? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:07:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Congressional Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  Why isn't there more pressure on elderly Senate Dems to retire? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Why isn't there more pressure on elderly Senate Dems to retire?  (Read 933 times)
PAK Man

« on: April 08, 2021, 09:45:32 AM »

I'd love to know why people keep bringing this up with Democrats and never Republicans. Nobody whined when Mitch McConnell or Jim Inhofe ran for another term, or how Grassley (the second-oldest member of the U.S. Senate) is being indecisive on whether or not he'll run again. Kind of like how people always say Feinstein's too old to serve, yet despite being only three months older than Grassley, nobody says the same of him. And trust me, I lived in Iowa for a long time and I never once heard anyone say Grassley was too old, outside of Democrats, of course.
PAK Man

« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 05:09:45 PM »

I'd love to know why people keep bringing this up with Democrats and never Republicans. Nobody whined when Mitch McConnell or Jim Inhofe ran for another term, or how Grassley (the second-oldest member of the U.S. Senate) is being indecisive on whether or not he'll run again. Kind of like how people always say Feinstein's too old to serve, yet despite being only three months older than Grassley, nobody says the same of him. And trust me, I lived in Iowa for a long time and I never once heard anyone say Grassley was too old, outside of Democrats, of course.
Because this is a left-leaning forum, and people would be sadder if Leahy dies than McConnell.

I'm not just talking about this forum. I'm talking about people who discuss politics in general. I see it happen all the time.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies