Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:55:14 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis  (Read 1307 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: April 07, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

For the specific areas that his DHS determines would benefit from a new &/or improved barrier, this is fine, especially since Mayorkas has provided no reason to doubt that DHS is actually examining all of their available potential options - barriers, roads, sensors, small drones, etc. - & reaching a thoughtful, strategic determination of what exactly is needed where. Y'know, listening to the experts.

So, to those who disingenuously try painting this as Biden "restarting" Trump's monument to xenophobia as a gotcha: lol
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 12:52:45 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 01:00:39 AM by brucejoel99 »

The replies are coping so badly.

Biden and his ilk literally called Trump a xenophobe for even suggesting a wall should be built, and now, like the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS he is, he quietly attempts to continue a successful Trump policy.

Do y’all realize how bad this looks?

lol talk about utter coping, the human body couldn't even survive how hard my eyes just wanna roll at your post. Where to even begin...

For one thing, I defy you to try & find Biden - or any prominent Democrat, for that matter - who actually said the bolded without any nuance attached. You won't, of course, because you can't. What you certainly can find, though, is conservative media saying that Democrats said that, but I'm not talking about "the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS" that conservative media is, now am I?

The Democratic messaging on this has always been that the idea of putting any barrier along the entire Southern border was ridiculous & ineffective, & that it'd constitute an unnecessary expense. Keep in mind that we already had about 700 miles of border-fencing & the like, the amount of which doubled under W. & Obama. Due to the way Trump presented it, of course, the wall itself became a stand-in for his obvious xenophobia. That's where the issue of xenophobia comes in, but for most sane people with a brain & all Democratic politicians, it was more about Trump's wall (as opposed to not having no border security whatsoever) in that Trump's particular take on this issue was just so laughably bad, which - in addition to its inherent dehumanization of people in almost exclusively painting all immigrants in an extremely derogatory & negative light - is what Democrats consider, have always considered, & will always consider unacceptable.

So now let those of us with brains throw some questions back at you: do you realize how sad you look? And can you really not understand stuff that you read, or do you just choose to ignore what doesn't harmonize with your pre-existing biases?
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2021, 02:49:54 AM »

The replies are coping so badly.

Biden and his ilk literally called Trump a xenophobe for even suggesting a wall should be built, and now, like the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS he is, he quietly attempts to continue a successful Trump policy.

Do y’all realize how bad this looks?

lol talk about utter coping, the human body couldn't even survive how hard my eyes just wanna roll at your post. Where to even begin...

For one thing, I defy you to try & find Biden - or any prominent Democrat, for that matter - who actually said the bolded without any nuance attached. You won't, of course, because you can't. What you certainly can find, though, is conservative media saying that Democrats said that, but I'm not talking about "the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS" that conservative media is, now am I?

O'Rourke and Gillibrand both supported tearing down existing border fencing.

Yes, in nuanced ways regarding safety, cost, & effectiveness. Was "without any nuance attached" so easily overlookable?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies