Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:04:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2
Author Topic: Biden Admin Considers Restarting Border Wall Construction To ‘Plug Gaps’ Amid Biden’s Border Crisis  (Read 1305 times)
SAAuthCapitalist
Rookie
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2021, 05:45:44 PM »

https://www.dailywire.com/news/biden-admin-considers-restarting-border-wall-construction-to-plug-gaps-amid-bidens-border-crisis-report

Lol.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 06:02:33 PM »

Good, immigration is currently one of Biden's weak points. He'll have to do much more than just this, though
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 06:29:15 PM »

For the specific areas that his DHS determines would benefit from a new &/or improved barrier, this is fine, especially since Mayorkas has provided no reason to doubt that DHS is actually examining all of their available potential options - barriers, roads, sensors, small drones, etc. - & reaching a thoughtful, strategic determination of what exactly is needed where. Y'know, listening to the experts.

So, to those who disingenuously try painting this as Biden "restarting" Trump's monument to xenophobia as a gotcha: lol
Sirius_
Ninja0428
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.00, S: -7.91

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 07:30:32 PM »

>Daily Wire
>First reported by Washington Times
Bootes Void
iamaganster123
Junior Chimp
Canada

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 08:48:03 PM »

Watch Biden build more miles of wall in a year than Trump did in 4 years
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 10:02:22 PM »

Funny how Trump's entire platform when he got into the 2016 race was to build a new wall, a big beautiful wall with a big beautiful gate all along the Southern border.  One of his most bizarre talking points was about how our current wall is so weak that immigrants can drive trucks over it (I think there was a viral video of this happening ONCE).

But now, Trump is such a failure and his original goal has been so degraded that literally any upgrade to the border wall whatsoever counts as "Build That Wall."

If literally any form of border security is "Build That Wall" then I guess Obama beats Trump again because Obama got way more done, in terms of border security, than Trump could ever dream of, even though Trump shut down the government for an entire month and abused emergency powers to force the military to build border fencing.
SAAuthCapitalist
Rookie
Singapore

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2021, 12:04:09 AM »

The replies are coping so badly.

Biden and his ilk literally called Trump a xenophobe for even suggesting a wall should be built, and now, like the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS he is, he quietly attempts to continue a successful Trump policy.

Do y’all realize how bad this looks?
GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 12:18:26 AM »

Biden and his ilk literally called Trump a xenophobe for even suggesting a wall should be built, and now, like the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS he is, he quietly attempts to continue a successful Trump policy.

You have Chiang Kai-shek in your signature, friend. I wouldn't be throwing around accusations of coping if I were you.
SAAuthCapitalist
Rookie
Singapore

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:24:40 AM »

You have Chiang Kai-shek in your signature, friend. I wouldn't be throwing around accusations of coping if I were you.
You mean one of the greatest men and heroes in history who founded a successful nation that is still a thorn to the thugs at the CCP?

And you are the ones who simp over people like the leftist in the Spanish civil war who got BTFO’d by Chadsisco Franco, or literally every leftist who got BTFO’d in history. Atleast Chiang Kai Shek’s legacy impacts people in the island of Taiwan positively today.

PS: Does Allende or Che Guevara’s life impact anyone’s life for the better today? He never did while he was alive, and he sure as hell doesn’t now.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 12:52:45 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 01:00:39 AM by brucejoel99 »

lol talk about utter coping, the human body couldn't even survive how hard my eyes just wanna roll at your post. Where to even begin...

For one thing, I defy you to try & find Biden - or any prominent Democrat, for that matter - who actually said the bolded without any nuance attached. You won't, of course, because you can't. What you certainly can find, though, is conservative media saying that Democrats said that, but I'm not talking about "the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS" that conservative media is, now am I?

The Democratic messaging on this has always been that the idea of putting any barrier along the entire Southern border was ridiculous & ineffective, & that it'd constitute an unnecessary expense. Keep in mind that we already had about 700 miles of border-fencing & the like, the amount of which doubled under W. & Obama. Due to the way Trump presented it, of course, the wall itself became a stand-in for his obvious xenophobia. That's where the issue of xenophobia comes in, but for most sane people with a brain & all Democratic politicians, it was more about Trump's wall (as opposed to not having no border security whatsoever) in that Trump's particular take on this issue was just so laughably bad, which - in addition to its inherent dehumanization of people in almost exclusively painting all immigrants in an extremely derogatory & negative light - is what Democrats consider, have always considered, & will always consider unacceptable.

So now let those of us with brains throw some questions back at you: do you realize how sad you look? And can you really not understand stuff that you read, or do you just choose to ignore what doesn't harmonize with your pre-existing biases?
John Dule
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 6.57, S: -7.50

P P P
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 02:40:59 AM »

lol talk about utter coping, the human body couldn't even survive how hard my eyes just wanna roll at your post. Where to even begin...

For one thing, I defy you to try & find Biden - or any prominent Democrat, for that matter - who actually said the bolded without any nuance attached. You won't, of course, because you can't. What you certainly can find, though, is conservative media saying that Democrats said that, but I'm not talking about "the utterly pathetic and shameless clown, no, CIRCUS" that conservative media is, now am I?

O'Rourke and Gillibrand both supported tearing down existing border fencing.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 02:49:54 AM »

Yes, in nuanced ways regarding safety, cost, & effectiveness. Was "without any nuance attached" so easily overlookable?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 04:21:18 AM »

He should of never stopped, this isn't 2016 anymore this is 2022 where Latinos want Entitlements by getting as many Dreamers in as possible, and the more kids you have, the more chances of Entitlements you get, Foodstamps, Section 8 vouchers to Rent a House, etc
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 05:03:33 AM »

Yes, in nuanced ways regarding safety, cost, & effectiveness. Was "without any nuance attached" so easily overlookable?

Tbf the Democratic party is perhaps the most pro immigration party in the Western world outside of Canada. I am glad the Biden administration seems to be taking a nuanced, moderate route instead of giving into the aforementioned immigration extremists.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 05:25:53 AM »

Why are we posting trash from the Daily Wire?
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 07:08:17 AM »

Good. I wouldn't be surprised, if Biden deports and builds more walls/stricter border than Trump.
GlobeSoc
The walrus

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 07:55:20 AM »

You mean one of the greatest men and heroes in history who founded a successful nation that is still a thorn to the thugs at the CCP?

And you are the ones who simp over people like the leftist in the Spanish civil war who got BTFO’d by Chadsisco Franco, or literally every leftist who got BTFO’d in history. Atleast Chiang Kai Shek’s legacy impacts people in the island of Taiwan positively today.

PS: Does Allende or Che Guevara’s life impact anyone’s life for the better today? He never did while he was alive, and he sure as hell doesn’t now.

I'd rather not be executed, thanks.
Person Man
Angry_Weasel
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 08:07:15 AM »

I'd rather not be executed, thanks.

I really wanted a helicopter ride, though.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 08:21:34 AM »

The Biden administration can read a poll.

Motorcity

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 08:35:54 AM »

It doesn't look bad at all

No one in this country minds having a border fence. Or repairs that mend holes in the fence. People shouldn't cross the border, its very dangerous. I would prefer we massively increase the number of legal immigrants, asylum seekers, and refugees instead. People cross the border because we have a anachic, complected, and burachartic immigration system.

Trump wanted to spend billions on a concrete wall for show. To keep brown people out. That was racist.

Biden patching up existing holes is not racist
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 10:19:14 AM »

>Daily Wire
>First reported by Washington Times
Agafin
Cameroon

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 10:29:14 AM »

Tbf the Democratic party is perhaps the most pro immigration party in the Western world outside of Canada. I am glad the Biden administration seems to be taking a nuanced, moderate route instead of giving into the aforementioned immigration extremists.
Even including Canada. The main canadian parties support a point-base system which puts skills above family reunion (I agree with that btw, but that makes them less pro immigration). And if they had to deal with the same influx of undocumented immigrants as America, they'd become even more stringent (look at what happened with the haitian immigrants in Quebec).
ultraviolet
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.45, S: -3.91

P P
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 10:33:03 AM »

The wall should not be built, not even parts of it
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2021, 10:40:19 AM »

Tbf the Democratic party is perhaps the most pro immigration party in the Western world outside of Canada.

I know. It's great, and it's a huge part of why the Democrats could very well be the best major party in the world.
FT-02 Senator A.F.E. 🇵🇸🤝🇺🇸🤝🇺🇦
AverageFoodEnthusiast
Junior Chimp
Virgin Islands, U.S.

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2021, 11:04:14 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 11:29:53 AM by wants to resurrect the bull moose party »

Nice job conveniently forgetting about the actual founding father of the R.O.C., Dr. Sun Yat-sen.

And you are the ones who simp over people like the leftist in the Spanish civil war who got BTFO’d by Chadsisco Franco, or literally every leftist who got BTFO’d in history.

Interesting how you call Cuckisco Franco a chad even though any normal and sane person knows the real chad is REY JVAN CARLOS I.

Atleast Chiang Kai Shek’s legacy impacts people in the island of Taiwan positively today.

The Aboriginal peoples of Formosa would like to disagree with you.

Does Franco or Pinochet’s life impact anyone’s life for the better today? They never did while they were alive, and they sure as hell don't now.
Pages: [1] 2  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies