2022: Midterm Madness (interest thread)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 09:19:17 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Election and History Games (Moderator: Dereich)
  2022: Midterm Madness (interest thread)
« previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3
Poll
Question: What's your preferred game style?
Option 1 (multiple Senate races, first come first serve)

Option 2 (single statewide race, primary and general phases)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 17

Author Topic: 2022: Midterm Madness (interest thread)  (Read 6089 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2021, 06:10:23 PM »

I would like Abby Finkenauer for Iowa.

If not possible, you can give me whatever is left over.

I was in doubt between choosing J.D. Scholten or Abby but since few woman have been chosen so far, i will go with the Fink.
Iowa isn't on the list.

Well yeah if nobody picks one of the two NH options or the Wisconsin republican, i'll take that, but as of now i'm claiming the Iowa democrat.

Iowa isn’t an option
Kuumo

P P
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2021, 07:20:32 PM »

It would take a lot of sign-ups for Iowa to become an option. After New Hampshire and Wisconsin would probably be Nevada and Florida, Colorado and Ohio, and maybe Vermont and Alaska before Illinois and Iowa would become available.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -5.16, S: -6.26

« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2021, 08:30:17 PM »

Yeah hate to say it Laki but Iowa is not going to be an option, barring a surge in demand for this game. Hopefully you're able to pick one of New Hampshire or Wisconsin-R, but also you can probably switch with someone if you really want a taken spot.

LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2021, 03:59:02 AM »

It would take a lot of sign-ups for Iowa to become an option. After New Hampshire and Wisconsin would probably be Nevada and Florida, Colorado and Ohio, and maybe Vermont and Alaska before Illinois and Iowa would become available.

Huh Vermont and Alaska before Iowa comes available.

Iowa is likely going to be an open election

It will flip before Colorado, Ohio, Vermont, Alaska, Florida and certainly Illinois. Iowa is certainly one of the most competitive elections in 2022 if we nominate the right person. We have a much bigger chance in winning Iowa instead of Florida.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2021, 03:59:58 AM »

I take Mike Lindell moving to Wisconsin through carpetbagging than i guess just for the lolz.
Continential
The Op
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Political Matrix
E: 1.10, S: -5.30

P P P

« Reply #30 on: April 14, 2021, 08:36:10 AM »

I take Mike Lindell moving to Wisconsin through carpetbagging than i guess just for the lolz.
That isn't allowed.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2021, 10:42:35 AM »

Huh Vermont and Alaska before Iowa comes available.

Iowa is likely going to be an open election

It will flip before Colorado, Ohio, Vermont, Alaska, Florida and certainly Illinois. Iowa is certainly one of the most competitive elections in 2022 if we nominate the right person. We have a much bigger chance in winning Iowa instead of Florida.
I think I would make Iowa available before Vermont, but regardless I don't think we're going to get to the point where we can add a 4th set of races - I'm actually worried that we won't be able to fill WI/NH.
Not a huge fan of this. I've been pretty lax about candidate choices though, so if you really want to I'll permit it but there will probably be some sort of a carpetbagging penalty.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2021, 12:38:49 PM »

Nevermind than, i don't think i can have fun with any of the parties or options left over.

Wisconsin GOP is boring as hell, and so is New Hampshire GOP and Maggie Hassan.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #33 on: April 14, 2021, 01:07:24 PM »

Nevermind than, i don't think i can have fun with any of the parties or options left over.

Wisconsin GOP is boring as hell, and so is New Hampshire GOP and Maggie Hassan.

Oof

As we don't have any NH signups yet, the other option is to do Nevada if that would interest you more. If Orwell is willing to switch off Wisconsin that's an option as well - bottom line I need to have a balanced number of D and R held seats and ideally all races will be completely filled
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #34 on: April 19, 2021, 01:23:48 AM »

Gonna get a gamethread up tomorrow to hopefully keep the interest cooking. Races with both candidates set will receive polls.

Also, requesting that new players fill Wisconsin-R (or get Orwell to agree to switch to another race) so we can have 5 full races. If no new players come forward I can probably have Orwell face an NPC Wisconsin Republican if he's okay with that.
Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #35 on: April 19, 2021, 07:52:44 AM »

Gonna get a gamethread up tomorrow to hopefully keep the interest cooking. Races with both candidates set will receive polls.

Also, requesting that new players fill Wisconsin-R (or get Orwell to agree to switch to another race) so we can have 5 full races. If no new players come forward I can probably have Orwell face an NPC Wisconsin Republican if he's okay with that.

I'm open changing to wherever is needed
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #36 on: April 19, 2021, 11:18:08 AM »

I'm open changing to wherever is needed
Great!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #37 on: April 24, 2021, 11:54:10 PM »

Is there room for late entrants?

I have an interest in entering the the Georgia Republican Senate Primary as Marjorie Taylor Greene.
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #38 on: April 25, 2021, 12:05:51 AM »

I have an interest in entering the the Georgia Republican Senate Primary as Marjorie Taylor Greene.

Georgia is filled, if a late spot is allowed and idk if it is, it'd be either New Hampshire or the Republican in Wisconsin
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #39 on: April 25, 2021, 12:11:22 AM »

Georgia is filled, if a late spot is allowed and idk if it is, it'd be either New Hampshire or the Republican in Wisconsin

Then, assuming late entrants are allowed, I'd like to do everyone a favor and take Maggie Hassan.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #40 on: April 25, 2021, 08:45:48 AM »

Then, assuming late entrants are allowed, I'd like to do everyone a favor and take Maggie Hassan.
Alright. Orwell, would you be willing to take a gOP candidate in NH?
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2021, 06:27:20 PM »

If Orwell isn't interested in being a New Hampshire Republican, I'm willing to be a Wisconsin Republican (either Scott Walker or Rebecca Kleefisch would do if that were required.)
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 06:33:05 PM »

If Orwell isn't interested in being a New Hampshire Republican, I'm willing to be a Wisconsin Republican (either Scott Walker or Rebecca Kleefisch would do if that were required.)

I will contact Orwell about this. But (hopefully), welcome to the game!
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #43 on: April 29, 2021, 05:19:19 PM »

I apologize for not posting anything yet.

I'm still waiting for Orwell to decide which race he wants to run in. Have you heard from him?
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2021, 05:38:42 PM »

He has not responded to my inquiry. So no worries about not posting anything!

Orwell
JacksonHitchcock
Junior Chimp
United States
« Reply #45 on: April 30, 2021, 10:17:32 AM »

I'd like to stick with Wisconsin. Sorry for the late response, I've been quite busy with school, should all be cleared up now.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #46 on: April 30, 2021, 12:51:01 PM »

I'm still waiting for Orwell to decide which race he wants to run in. Have you heard from him?
I'd like to stick with Wisconsin. Sorry for the late response, I've been quite busy with school, should all be cleared up now.
Alright. NYE, would you be willing to switch to a WI Republican? As Orwell got here first I'd like to defer to him on this.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #47 on: April 30, 2021, 03:52:41 PM »

Alright. NYE, would you be willing to switch to a WI Republican? As Orwell got here first I'd like to defer to him on this.

That would be fine with me. Either Scott Walker or Rebecca Kleefisch would be my choice.
OBD
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2021, 04:28:12 PM »

That would be fine with me. Either Scott Walker or Rebecca Kleefisch would be my choice.
Sounds good. You both are approved (once you officially pick one), and I'll work on polling shortly.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2021, 05:31:31 PM »

Sounds good. You both are approved (once you officially pick one), and I'll work on polling shortly.

I'll take Scott Walker.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies