Has Trump already damaged his reputation too much to win in 2024?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 10:10:59 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Has Trump already damaged his reputation too much to win in 2024?
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3
Poll
Question: Has Donald Trump already tarnished his legacy and reputation due to the January 6th insurrection and his failure to act on COVID?
Yes

No

Only for the GE, he would win the primary with ease

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 138

Author Topic: Has Trump already damaged his reputation too much to win in 2024?  (Read 3711 times)
EJ24
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2021, 05:08:57 PM »

?
Real Texan Politics
EEllis02
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -1.57

P P P
WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 05:21:39 PM »

If he runs again, he easily wins the primary. No questions asked.

As for the general, yes I think the riots of 1/6 have severely damaged his reputation beyond repair. His base still loves him, but outside of that? It's gonna take a lot to get back the support he lost.
sting in the rafters
slimey56
Korea, Democratic People's Republic of

Political Matrix
E: -6.46, S: -7.30

P P P
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 05:22:33 PM »

To be the nominee? No.
To win? Yes.
The better question is why would he run when he can be kingmaker in the GOP primary for a lot less effort?
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 05:48:07 PM »

No. Don't underestimate Trump
TDAS04
Atlas Star
Bhutan

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 06:26:20 PM »

No.  Don't underestimate the stupidity of the American electorate. 
roxas11
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 06:49:38 PM »

I would argue that data like this damages Trump and the GOP in 2024 more than the attack at the capitol does

Come 2024 if the economy is booming it simply will not matter who the GOP nominee is because either Harris or Biden is most likely going to win the elecition.

Also back in 2016 Trump was able to take advantage of the fact that a lot of Americans felt left Behind during the last economic recovery. Biden and Dems are not making that same kind of mistake again and their policies have been heavily targeted at helping both lower income Urban and rural Americans. If they succeed the Dems are going to make it very hard for Trump or any republican to be able to run as "The champion of the forgotten man"
MarkD
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 09:57:40 PM »

I can't believe I have to say this again, but Trump is not going to run again because he's paranoid enough to believe that Democrats were successful at stealing the last election from him, so they will steal the next one from him as well. He won't stand to be humiliated again.

Why doesn't someone in this thread explain how Trump will be able to overcome his own expressed theory that the Democrats STOLE election 2020 from him but Democrats will NOT try to steal the election from him in 2024 as well? Why will he try to run again if he has so much clearly expressed confidence that the electoral system was and still is rigged against him?
SAAuthCapitalist
Rookie
Singapore

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 12:33:03 AM »
« Edited: April 08, 2021, 07:56:43 AM by SAAuthCapitalist »

No.

People will largely forget by 2024 due to other factors. Most people have forgotten already I’d say.
Obama-Biden Democrat
Zyzz
Junior Chimp

« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2021, 12:57:15 AM »

Trump's deplorables are going to love him even more for every stupid thing he says that turns off moderates.
Ron DeSantis enthusiast
FranciscoM97

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2021, 01:14:40 AM »

No, when you think this is the ending or it's over for Trump… it's not.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2021, 04:14:00 AM »

Lol he mounted an Insurrectionists, if Trump is nominated, he will lose in a Landslide
Lurker
Norway
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2021, 09:43:11 AM »

I can't believe I have to say this again, but Trump is not going to run again because he's paranoid enough to believe that Democrats were successful at stealing the last election from him, so they will steal the next one from him as well. He won't stand to be humiliated again.

Why doesn't someone in this thread explain how Trump will be able to overcome his own expressed theory that the Democrats STOLE election 2020 from him but Democrats will NOT try to steal the election from him in 2024 as well? Why will he try to run again if he has so much clearly expressed confidence that the electoral system was and still is rigged against him?

And Donald Trump is of course always logically consistent in his reasoning?
SN2903
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: 3.91

P P
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 10:22:29 AM »

No he can and will WIN in 2024. Americans have short memories.
Pink Panther

« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 11:39:17 AM »

As for the general, Trump I think is damaged goods. I think 1/6 is one of the very few events that would haunt Trump if he ran again. He would have a shot against Harris, since Harris is almost Hillary Clinton-levels of being a bad candidate, but he would get wiped by Biden, even as an 82 year old.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 11:44:43 AM »

So you admit he has damaged his reputation at least for now.
And do you accuse Americans of having short-term memories?
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 01:19:01 PM »

No for the primary, yes for the general.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 03:13:05 PM »

Voters have good memories, if Trump is the Nominee, ads of the Insurrectionists just like Bane Capito with Romney will be played over and over again.

If his heir apparent doesn't win in 2028, the Insurrectionists can be duplicated
McGarnagle
SomethingPolitical

« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2021, 01:36:58 AM »

You said that about 2020
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2021, 04:11:26 AM »

You said that about 2020

Let the Rs keep underestimating Biden, just like in 2022, Biden is on Act blue like Bernie raising money for Ds, but it's premature to donate now, until next summer, of 2022, since we are in a Covid Environment.
PA, WI, NH, GA, NC, and OH Senate are in play

Rs are 0/3 against Biden and Obama and DeSantis has Gaetz problems he was a key ally to Gaetz and so Mccarthy which will harm R chances in taking over House
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2021, 11:31:15 AM »
« Edited: April 09, 2021, 04:25:03 PM by Da2017 »

As for the general, Trump I think is damaged goods. I think 1/6 is one of the very few events that would haunt Trump if he ran again. He would have a shot against Harris, since Harris is almost Hillary Clinton-levels of being a bad candidate, but he would get wiped by Biden, even as an 82 year old.

Trump can't play the outsider card. He have a record to defend. Harris has not been the subject 30+ years of attacks. Doesn't have Wall Street Speeches,Emails,a shady foundation,or a cheating husband. You also hand the issue over fitness on a silver platter to the democrats. Kamala can come off as warm and friendly,whereas Hillary seemed cold and distant.
Bojack Horseman
Wolverine22
YaBB God
United States

« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2021, 11:44:23 AM »

Trump can't play the outsider card. He have a record to defend. Harris has not been the subject 30+ years of attacks. Doesn't have Wall Street Speeches,Emails,a shady foundation,or a cheating husband. You also hand the issue over fitness on a silver platter to the democrats. Kamala can come off as warm and friendly,whereas Hilary seemed cold and distant.

Harris would get it just as bad as Hillary if not worse. The right's favorite line is that she slept her way to the top of California politics and you can bet that would be how she'd get treated. I think the only way Kamala Harris wins the presidential election is if Biden resigns/dies and she's the sitting incumbent.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2021, 12:20:08 PM »
« Edited: April 09, 2021, 12:30:08 PM by Da2017 »

Trump can't play the outsider card. He have a record to defend. Harris has not been the subject 30+ years of attacks. Doesn't have Wall Street Speeches,Emails,a shady foundation,or a cheating husband. You also hand the issue over fitness on a silver platter to the democrats. Kamala can come off as warm and friendly,whereas Hilary seemed cold and distant.

Harris would get it just as bad as Hillary if not worse. The right's favorite line is that she slept her way to the top of California politics and you can bet that would be how she'd get treated. I think the only way Kamala Harris wins the presidential election is if Biden resigns/dies and she's the sitting incumbent.

That might backfire. The GOP would risk pushing suburban woman even further away.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix

« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2021, 01:39:19 PM »

The Rs think she is Hillary 2.0 due to fact that was the only Election they won after 2014

Hillary had Benghazi and Monica Lewinsky, Kamala has a good marriage
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2021, 01:43:09 PM »

No. They said this in 2016 (when he won) and in 2020 (when he did better than expected). A GOP nominee has a 45% floor among the electorate no matter what. Given current state-level trends, Trump could very well win in 2024.
bandg
Rookie
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2021, 06:26:05 PM »

Not when his favorable rating is the same now as it was before the election (43-52 now, 42-52 in Aug 2020). This is per the Selzer poll.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/m9g5lz6k0u5is9n/AAAuBjyfOJ-3wFarjaN2vFdFa?dl=0&preview=Grinnell+College+National+Poll+3.31.21+Methodology+Document.docx
Pages: [1] 2 3  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies