What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 12:22:13 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today?  (Read 626 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: April 07, 2021, 10:11:47 PM »
« edited: April 07, 2021, 10:21:25 PM by CraneHusband »

These are my two all time favorite albums.

A lot of songs that address growing older, cultural alienation, relationships, etc that have really spoken to me.

This is an album that has gotten me through a lot. From uplifting songs that take me to the most joyous parts of life (Don't Carry it All) to songs that tell me I'm going to get through the bad parts (Rise to Me, Dear Avery). Every single song is fantastic.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 09:12:57 AM »

As for books... weirdly the books that influenced me the most as a kid were "the Phantom Tollbooth" by Norton Juster and "Alan Mendelsohn, Boy from Mars" by Daniel Pinkwater, and "The Wind in the Willows" by Kenneth Grahame.

It's more difficult to pinpoint a similar book as an adult since I don't tend to read books now more than once. I will edit this later when I think of something that fits in terms of being highly influential.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies