What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 11:37:06 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Off-topic Board (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, The Mikado, YE)
  What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: What's one album/book/movie that made you into the person you are today?  (Read 614 times)
𝕭𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖎𝖘𝖙𝖆 𝕸𝖎𝖓𝖔𝖑𝖆
Battista Minola 1616
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -1.57

« on: April 08, 2021, 09:05:07 AM »

I have already mentioned this more or less, but the book which has influenced me the most is likely Alessandro Manzoni's The Betrothed. Many of my inner musings and perspectives about love, relationships, life purpose, community, charity, forgiveness, and arguably the divine, relate to what is found there.
I could say that Shakespeare's works have contributed even more to "who I am today", however that's not the plays per se but the fact that they were the basis of my high school drama class, which has been an incredibly formative experience for me across the three years I took it.

I don't think there is anything comparable with albums or movies, my attempts to draw a spiritual connection to Metallica notwithstanding.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies