About all this Desantis hype
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 05:27:05 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  2024 U.S. Presidential Election (Moderators: Likely Voter, GeorgiaModerate, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  About all this Desantis hype
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: About all this Desantis hype  (Read 1214 times)
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2021, 02:45:09 PM »

Mark my words he is going to be one of those people who is hyped up a lot but then drops out after running out of cash before Iowa.
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2021, 04:08:48 PM »

I could see it. Similar to Scott Walker in 2016, he's a super hyped up candidate with a real chance to flame out.
Holy Unifying Centrist
DTC
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: 9.53, S: 10.54

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 03:25:44 PM »

Or he could be like Bush / Obama / Biden where he's hyped up early and ends up winning
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 03:33:05 PM »

Or he could be like Bush / Obama / Biden where he's hyped up early and ends up winning

You have to connect with Afro Americans, DeSantis doesn't, and in order to win MI, WI and PA, the Afro American population make or break and Election, Biden has enough Support along with Females to get Reelected
Galeel
Oashigo
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 08:43:57 PM »

You have to connect with Afro Americans, DeSantis doesn't, and in order to win MI, WI and PA, the Afro American population make or break and Election, Biden has enough Support along with Females to get Reelected

Republicans can win with very little African American support. This happens every time they win an election.
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 09:57:42 PM »

Republicans can win with very little African American support. This happens every time they win an election.
Don't question the word of god.
Da2017
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.00, S: -5.00

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2021, 01:15:30 AM »
« Edited: April 10, 2021, 01:54:48 AM by Da2017 »

Starting to feel  that he is overated. Lot of oppo is coming out on my twitter feed. I would not be surprised if he falters. We see how he does in his reelection bid. I'm not ready to write him off.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 02:35:49 AM »

He is overhyped he is an R not a D and as soon as the time comes, to campaign for Prez, when he steps out of FL, we will see with his tax cuts that he wants no Entitlements and tax cuts. No income tax in FL
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 04:06:51 AM »

Possibly Scott Walker 2.0 or an equivalent to Kamala in 2020. She was hyped early on, was riding high in summer before the election and started tanking in the fall before dropping out. DeSantis becoming the vice presidential candidate under someone like Mike Pompeo would be reasonable to assume. I think Pompeo has good chances to earn Trump's endorsement and then run in the general. Unless a major scandal or economic crash erupts, President Biden will handily defeat him.
TheReckoning
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2021, 04:21:44 PM »

MATTROSE94 has said that he could win New Jersey, and sweep the Rio Grande.
MR DARK BRANDON
Liam
Junior Chimp
Canada

Political Matrix
E: -0.65, S: -1.57

P P P

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2021, 05:26:18 PM »

Keep in mind Obama, Bush, Biden did not have this kind of opposition nor where they criticized so much in the past. Harris and Walker where.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2021, 12:09:49 AM »

“I don’t like DeSantis” = He’s overhyped, he’ll be the next Walker/Rubio/Jeb/Cain/etc.

“I like DeSantis” = He’ll win the nomination and romp in the general election by winning all of Trump’s and Romney’s voters and more, so Trump 2016 + ME, MN, NH, NJ, NM, NV (double digit win), OR, and VA.
Chips
Those Chips
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2021, 07:17:09 PM »

I could see it. Similar to Scott Walker in 2016, he's a super hyped up candidate with a real chance to flame out.
Nightcore Nationalist
Okthisisnotepic.

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2021, 04:52:55 PM »

A couple of differences to note, compared to the Scott Walker or Pete/Kamala comparisons:

in 2015, there was a massive field of Republicans itching to get the nomination after 8 years of Obama, and these were serious, well funded candidates with non-insubstantial political differences-from Rubio, Bush, Cruz, Paul, Christie, Kasich and Trump, all fiercely vying for the nomination, as well as a number of less serious candidates.

In 2019, every Democratic senator, governor, house rep, and dogcatcher wanted to be the one to knock off Orange Man.  The Media went through stages of having it's own darling, none of whom ended up with an actual chance at the nomination.

2023 is going to be a different situation, because every potential GOP nominee (that has an actual chance of being nominated) is going to be united on it's view on Trump and Trump-ism/the policies of the Trump admin.  Every candidate, even those initially cold to Trump (Haley/Rubio etc...) is running as a functional second Trump term.

The GOP field thus far is not particularly strong.  I don't view someone like Cotton, Pompeo or Noem as someone who can win either the nomination or the GE.  Has-beens like Paul/Rubio/Cruz probably won't fare much better.  DeSantis looks quite good in comparison, and his interparty popularity reflects that.  Obviously, if Trump runs again all of this is a moot point.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies