Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:31:57 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  General Politics
  U.S. General Discussion (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, Chancellor Tanterterg)
  Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Republican Politicians in Blue Precincts vs Democratic Politicians in Red Precincts  (Read 705 times)
Secretary of State Liberal Hack
IBNU
YaBB God
Singapore

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 07, 2021, 07:53:06 AM »

I saw tweet showing that Mitch Mcconel lives in an extremely democratic precinct that gave Biden 80% of the vote. I'm wondering if there are more republincan officals in blue precints or more democrat office holders living in red precincts
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 07:59:29 AM »

Josh Hawley lives in Northern Virginia, so there's your answer.
Born to Slay. Forced to Work.
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.45, S: -6.78

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2021, 09:15:30 AM »

I’d imagine there’s quite a lot of them. A quick browse through Wikipedia, Dan Sullivan home is in anchorage, Rubio lives in Miami, Jim Risch lives in Boise, Jerry Moran lives in Manhattan, KS, Bill Cassidy lives in Baton Rouge, Steve Daines lives in Gallatin which went for Biden while Tester lives in a county that Trump won by 60+%, Richard Burr is from Winston-Salem, Tim Scott is from Charleston, Bill Hagerty is from Nashville, Cornyn is from San Antonio and Cruz is from Houston, all of them likely live in precincts that voted the opposite from them. Joe Manchin is also a candidate, but Charleston West Virginia is the most democratic of places in the state so it’d be. Be down to the precinct. 
Oregon Eagle Politics
United States

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2021, 10:24:42 AM »

Jerry Moran lives in Manhattan. Richard Burr lives in Winston-Salem.
Wormless Gourd
cringenat
United States

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2021, 02:37:20 PM »

Doug Jones lives in a deeply red, >90% white suburb that was one of the wealthiest in AL.
Chris Christie lives in a Trump -> Biden township in NJ
Rudy Giuliani lives in a blue Hamptons precinct
Paul Ryan lives in a 2-1 Dem precinct in Janesville
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2021, 10:31:21 PM »

Phil Murphy lives in Middletown, NJ, a red town....a blue blood Republican suburban town.....
Indy Texas
independentTX
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: -3.48

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2021, 10:38:50 PM »

Republicans complain about cultural elites and liberal Democratic-run cities, but then they turn around and live in those very places.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2021, 10:44:19 PM »

Republicans complain about cultural elites and liberal Democratic-run cities, but then they turn around and live in those very places.

Like the women on the Real Housewives of Orange County, CA....they like the liberal lifestyle, but they would never live in Arkansas, Mississippi, etc....but they vote fiscally conservative, but they are definitely Karens......
Roronoa D. Law
Patrick97
United States

« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2021, 11:00:06 PM »

There has always been a huge socioeconomic gap between the donor/leadership class and die-hard/grassroots of the Republican party. So it would come as not surprise that more Republican politicians live in Democratic areas. Well, that and more people live in Democratic areas, to begin with.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2021, 11:13:34 PM »
« Edited: April 07, 2021, 11:16:46 PM by emotional hardcore »

Interestingly enough, Joe Manchin is NOT one of these. He lives in Charleston proper, which voted for Biden. Before he was Governor he was from the town of Fairmont, but Fairmont is actually a relatively liberal college town (also not far from Morgantown), and Biden appears to have won most of the the actual city proper.

Jon Tester is no doubt the most notable example of a Democratic Senator. His home precinct appears to have voted Trump 72-Biden 26.
DINGO Joe
dingojoe
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: April 07, 2021, 11:22:18 PM »

Well, there aren't too many people in Congress without college degrees, so.....
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #11 on: April 07, 2021, 11:35:39 PM »

Interestingly, this used to apply to a Senator from New York. Gillibrand lived in Hudson (yes seriously) when she was elected to the House but moved to Brunswick (a rural area northeast of Albany) after she appointed to the Senate. Brunswick actually narrowly voted for Biden 50-48 but had a huge swing and voted Trump 52-Hillary 40 in 2016. And interestingly Schumer is originally from Midwood, a conservative area in south Brooklyn that voted for Trump, but currently lives in Park Slope...so definitely doesn't apply to him now.
Joe Republic
Atlas Legend
Ukraine

« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2021, 01:51:47 AM »

Steve Sisolak lives in a swanky gated community / golf resort in suburban Las Vegas, which voted 54-44 for Trump.

The governor’s mansion where he currently lives was 51-45 for Trump, incidentally, which isn't shocking given the character of Carson City.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2021, 12:19:53 PM »

Speaking of Governors, the North Dakota Governor's Residence is kind of interesting because it's in a precinct that came within a point of voting for Biden (aka the same precinct I'm in now.) I think Burgum's personal residence might be in a Biden precinct but I don't know exactly where in Fargo it is.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2021, 12:51:02 PM »

For the record I'm pretty sure Schumer moved to Park Slope after being elected to the Senate, his old House district was located in south Brooklyn. So if he had stayed we'd be in an odd position of both Senators from New York living in 2016 Trump precincts and coming close in 2020 as well.

Outside of Tester and Gillibrand, I can't think of any likely Democratic candidates, aside from Sherrod Brown who lives in a rather split Cleveland suburb (Avon) full of both Trump and Biden precincts. Dick Durbin was a possible surprising candidate but everything I've read on him indicates he lives in Springfield proper which almost all voted for Biden. Both Senators from Arizona came to mind but Sinema lives in a heavily Democratic part of Phoenix, and Kelly lives in Tucson that his wife represented in the House, and that's also a predominately D city.

As for recent Democratic Senators, the most obvious would be Heidi Heitkamp, who lives in Mandan, I don't know where exactly but I'd assume it would have to be one of the affluent suburban parts instead of the run down trashy part or "downtown", not that it matters because all of those are quite Republican although the "downtown" area is the least (Trump 59 Biden 35), so she has to live in a precinct that voted for Trump by at least 30 points, (and actually voted heavily for Cramer too come to think of it.) Bill Nelson is also a possibility depending on where in Jacksonville he lives, but I doubt he lives in one of the black areas. Probably not for Claire McCaskill (who lives in Kansas City) or Joe Donnelly (who lives in South Bend) though.
Del Tachi
Republican95
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.52, S: 1.46

P P P

« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2021, 01:59:49 PM »

Correction:  National politicians are just generally a well-educated, rich lot so they are of course going to mostly live in monied suburbs.

Party affiliation also has crack to do with it.  Do Democratic senators live among their "base" voters in the South Bronx or Compton?  lol 
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2021, 04:10:16 PM »

Correction:  National politicians are just generally a well-educated, rich lot so they are of course going to mostly live in monied suburbs.

Party affiliation also has crack to do with it.  Do Democratic senators live among their "base" voters in the South Bronx or Compton?  lol 

I'll bite,

several of them do. Jon Tester, who tends to appeal to the white working class trumpians lives just there, Big Sandy. Raphael Warnock lives in urban Atlanta, I couldn't find his exact address but he is/was a pastor at Ebenezer Baptist which is located in the heart of black Atlanta. Booker is famous for living in rough parts of Newark for most of his life. Sherrod Brown's home is in Cleveland. Bob Casey is from Scranton, another WWC type town. There are dozens of representatives down ballot in the House and local level that live in the areas they represent.
Bismarck
Chancellor

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2021, 04:29:25 PM »

Todd Young lives in a gated community in Carmel in a precinct that went 56% for Trump and would be among the wealthiest precincts in the whole Midwest. I don’t know where exactly in Dubois county Mike Braun lives but the whole county was also for Trump.
DrScholl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.55, S: -3.30

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2021, 04:44:27 PM »

Cory Booker still lives in a low income area of Newark. Republicans are hypocrites because they praise the values of rural and working class areas, but most of them choose to live in elite areas while complaining about elitism.
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2021, 05:29:41 PM »

Also John Thune lives in Sioux Falls, where Biden won most precincts in the city proper (albeit by pretty narrow margins in many cases), so the odds are probably greater than not even he lives in a Biden precinct.
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2021, 06:33:34 PM »

I'm pretty sure from what I've gathered that the infinitely odious Andy Harris, who represents what is drawn as a firm Republican pack, lives in a Biden precinct in Cockeysville. His district as a whole trended quite heavily Dem in 2020, and especially the area around where he lives. When I lived in his district, before he represented it, it was in what is still a very firmly Republican area in one of its most conservative counties (Queen Anne's).
leecannon
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix

« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2021, 08:34:35 PM »

I'm pretty sure from what I've gathered that the infinitely odious Andy Harris, who represents what is drawn as a firm Republican pack, lives in a Biden precinct in Cockeysville. His district as a whole trended quite heavily Dem in 2020, and especially the area around where he lives. When I lived in his district, before he represented it, it was in what is still a very firmly Republican area in one of its most conservative counties (Queen Anne's).

I’m not even sure that’s in his district. I know for a fact that Rep. Tom McClintock’s home is not even in his district, claiming a town in Sacramento county which is not in his district
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2021, 11:25:11 PM »

Well, they both badly lost Manhattan despite living in it when they were elected President.

Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies