What COVID-19 vaccine did you get? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:35:22 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What COVID-19 vaccine did you get? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: what are u gettin
Pfizer—BioNTech

Moderna

Johnson + Johnson

Oxford—AstraZeneca

Other

Currently Unvaccinated

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 153

Author Topic: What COVID-19 vaccine did you get?  (Read 4985 times)
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« on: April 06, 2021, 02:42:41 AM »

Pfizer. I got my first dose last week. Overall, I like the efficacy numbers of the two mRNA vaccines, so I would have been happy with Moderna too, if that's what had been given to me.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2021, 06:46:37 AM »

How the f**k is America getting vaccinations so right? Does the fact that most of the big producers are American help here?

I think that's probably part of it. The other part is because we just threw a lot of money at it last year. We invested billions into virtually all of the major players in vaccine production and bought up enough vaccine to cover the US population a few times over. My understanding is that the we also cut a lot of red tape and bureaucracy, including freedom from liability. It may have been the one thing the Trump Administration did right. I'm quite certain though that they would have massively faltered in rolling it out, as they didn't prepare for that. That's something the Biden Administration has excelled at. Vaccines are being distributed from the federal government. It's working with the states, local governments, and private business partnerships (primarily pharmacies) to distribute and administer vaccines. Even I'm amazed at how well this rollout is working so far.

The UK system is different from the US, but I think they basically followed the same path in investing in and procuring vaccines early on. Their strategy is a bit different, but one that has so far appeared to be quite successful.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2021, 04:22:14 AM »

I have one of those weird appointments because I picked Walgreens and the one near me administers Pfizer. At the time, their system was scheduling everyone four weeks apart because it was apparently simpler and that's the bare minimum for Moderna. The minimum separations are apparently more important and anything up to 6 weeks between shots is perfectly fine. I could've tried to change it, but next Tuesday will be fine for my second shot. Smiley
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2021, 11:17:34 PM »
« Edited: May 01, 2021, 11:22:55 PM by politicallefty »

I got my 2nd dose of Pfizer this week. The sore arm seemed to be worse this time. I also felt run down and quite tired the day after, although I hadn't been getting good sleep recently, so that may have been compounding things. Otherwise, no big deal.

I am somewhat concerned it's not working though. I don't hear the others yet. I thought I'm supposed to hear the hive mind by now. Or does that just take the full two weeks after the 2nd dose?
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies