What COVID-19 vaccine did you get? (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:42:43 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What COVID-19 vaccine did you get? (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: what are u gettin
Pfizer—BioNTech

Moderna

Johnson + Johnson

Oxford—AstraZeneca

Other

Currently Unvaccinated

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 153

Author Topic: What COVID-19 vaccine did you get?  (Read 4988 times)
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« on: April 05, 2021, 01:09:01 PM »

Sorry for deleting the last poll. Tongue

pfizer gang
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:47 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2021, 08:54:47 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

I got J+J, it was the only one offered.  Feeling like I got ripped off, because it's only 66% effective.  They keep saying "oh it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization" but what scares me the most about COVID isn't death/hospitalization, it's the "long COVID" -- the neurological impairment and degeneration of the lungs -- which can come from even mild or asymptomatic cases.

So even though I'm vaccinated, I guess I'm still not going to be going out until the rest of the world gets vaccinated as well and the numbers collapse.  Bummer.  Here in Seattle the numbers have actually gone up in the last two weeks.

The efficacy rates are bullshi** Johnson and Johnson is actually likely the most effective one as it was tested during the peak of the pandemic in South Africa and Brazil where the most deadly strains are here's a good video explaining why the efficacy rates mean nothing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

People keep saying that, but there's no reason to believe the different stations are any more difficult to cover than vanilla COVID.  It's not like 67% effective on the strains makes you some super-vaccine that would be 100% effective against the easier "normal" COVID.

Not only was J+J tested with much harsher variants, but the clinical trial where the numbers are from took place during the massive spike in early autumn. Pfizer and Moderna had their tests done beforehand when the virus was less severe. If they were to start a brand new clinical trial with the vaccinated patients all in the same geographic area at the same exact time, then we can compare J+J to the others. Otherwise, don't base your opinions on the specific vaccines based on non-scientific grounds. Watch the video Canis linked, it's good at explaining what I just said in a better way.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »

Surprised that there are still no AstraZeneca takers here. I know this is an American forum, but where are the Europeans?
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix

« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2021, 09:06:40 AM »

Surprised that there are still no AstraZeneca takers here. I know this is an American forum, but where are the Europeans?

I don't think many (any?) of our European posters (already a rarity) are in their 60s or up, those are the people getting vaccinated in Europe, and especially with AZ, since it has been suspended for younger people.

Though I would have assumed at least a couple UK posters would have had it

Fair, here's to hoping that Canada and Europe pick up the pace.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies