What COVID-19 vaccine did you get?
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:57:56 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  What COVID-19 vaccine did you get?
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5
Poll
Question: what are u gettin
Pfizer—BioNTech

Moderna

Johnson + Johnson

Oxford—AstraZeneca

Other

Currently Unvaccinated

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 153

Author Topic: What COVID-19 vaccine did you get?  (Read 4887 times)
Starry Eyed Jagaloon
Blairite
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2021, 09:02:27 AM »

Just signed up for Moderna next week. It was my last choice of vaccine, but I'm also getting it ~2 months earlier than I thought I would so that's nice.
100% pro-life no matter what
ExtremeRepublican
Moderators
Atlas Icon

Political Matrix
E: 7.35, S: 5.57

« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2021, 04:44:59 PM »

Question for those who have gotten the second Pfizer shot: Did you get any side effects after the second shot? I got my first today, and the only thing I've had is a sore shoulder, but I was talking with one of my coworkers and she said she was gonna request off cause she heard the side effects were worse after the second shot. I know it's gonna differ person to person, but can anyone confirm or deny that?

I basically had no side effects from either dose other than minor soreness at the injection site.  In fact, I'd say that the second shot's soreness went away faster than the first shot's did.

Now, I've never had side effects of note from a vaccine, so that could be part of it.
Mr. Smith
MormDem
Atlas Superstar
United States

« Reply #52 on: April 08, 2021, 08:10:54 PM »

Just got the second shot of Moderna.
Mr. Matt
United States

« Reply #53 on: April 08, 2021, 09:00:08 PM »

Got my first Moderna today and had an embarrassing incident at the CVS where I got it. Note to all: Do the 15 minute sit, even if you have to use the bathroom, just hold it in.
Horus
Sheliak5
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #54 on: April 08, 2021, 09:07:58 PM »

I will be receiving my first dose of Pfizer on 4/20.
morgieb
Junior Chimp
Australia

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -8.70

« Reply #55 on: April 09, 2021, 12:02:19 AM »

Still unvaccinated (and likely will remain unvaccinated until like October or something), but it'll likely be AZ when I'm eligible.

How the f**k is America getting vaccinations so right? Does the fact that most of the big producers are American help here?
UPDATE: The Australian government has suggested that AstraZeneca shouldn't be taken for people under 50 because of the blood clot.

Good thing the government had an alternate strategy and didn't put their eggs in the one basket! /s
Kingpoleon
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #56 on: April 09, 2021, 01:10:51 PM »

Still unvaccinated (and likely will remain unvaccinated until like October or something), but it'll likely be AZ when I'm eligible.

How the f**k is America getting vaccinations so right? Does the fact that most of the big producers are American help here?
America ordered vaccines on time and to scale. Fauci and Collins are significant, not just as world leading medical thinkers but as administrators. Collins has famously befriended lots of Senators & Representatives and has lots of political muscle for a bureaucrat.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #57 on: April 09, 2021, 01:12:19 PM »

Pfizer on 4/7.
Illiniwek
Junior Chimp
Vatican City State

« Reply #58 on: April 09, 2021, 01:32:16 PM »

Just got back from it! Pfizer.
Thunder98 🇮🇱 🤝 🇵🇸
Thunder98
United States

P P P
« Reply #59 on: April 09, 2021, 02:01:38 PM »

Just got my 2nd dose of Pfizer.
here2view
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -2.13, S: -1.74

P P P
« Reply #60 on: April 09, 2021, 04:55:55 PM »

Got the 2nd shot of Moderna on Monday 4/5. No side effects after that one or the first dose.
Mexican Wolf
Timberwolf

« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2021, 03:00:01 PM »

Got my first dose of Pfizer this morning.
Beet
Atlas Star

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2021, 09:56:06 PM »

I finally got my first dose of the Moderna vaccine on Thursday.
Smash255
Atlas Icon

« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2021, 09:47:16 AM »

Pfizer, had 1st shot last week.
Calthrina950
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #64 on: April 12, 2021, 02:04:39 PM »

I received my first dose of Moderna slightly over an hour ago. I'll be getting my second dose on May 10.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2021, 03:48:25 PM »

I got J+J, it was the only one offered.  Feeling like I got ripped off, because it's only 66% effective.  They keep saying "oh it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization" but what scares me the most about COVID isn't death/hospitalization, it's the "long COVID" -- the neurological impairment and degeneration of the lungs -- which can come from even mild or asymptomatic cases.

So even though I'm vaccinated, I guess I'm still not going to be going out until the rest of the world gets vaccinated as well and the numbers collapse.  Bummer.  Here in Seattle the numbers have actually gone up in the last two weeks.
Canis
canis
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -5.03, S: -6.26

P P P

« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2021, 06:09:15 PM »

I got J+J, it was the only one offered.  Feeling like I got ripped off, because it's only 66% effective.  They keep saying "oh it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization" but what scares me the most about COVID isn't death/hospitalization, it's the "long COVID" -- the neurological impairment and degeneration of the lungs -- which can come from even mild or asymptomatic cases.

So even though I'm vaccinated, I guess I'm still not going to be going out until the rest of the world gets vaccinated as well and the numbers collapse.  Bummer.  Here in Seattle the numbers have actually gone up in the last two weeks.
The efficacy rates are bullshi** Johnson and Johnson is actually likely the most effective one as it was tested during the peak of the pandemic in South Africa and Brazil where the most deadly strains are here's a good video explaining why the efficacy rates mean nothing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2021, 06:21:05 PM »

The efficacy rates are bullshi** Johnson and Johnson is actually likely the most effective one as it was tested during the peak of the pandemic in South Africa and Brazil where the most deadly strains are here's a good video explaining why the efficacy rates mean nothing. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K3odScka55A

People keep saying that, but there's no reason to believe the different stations are any more difficult to cover than vanilla COVID.  It's not like 67% effective on the strains makes you some super-vaccine that would be 100% effective against the easier "normal" COVID.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2021, 08:49:47 AM »
« Edited: April 13, 2021, 08:54:47 AM by KoopaDaQuick »

I got J+J, it was the only one offered.  Feeling like I got ripped off, because it's only 66% effective.  They keep saying "oh it's 100% effective against death and hospitalization" but what scares me the most about COVID isn't death/hospitalization, it's the "long COVID" -- the neurological impairment and degeneration of the lungs -- which can come from even mild or asymptomatic cases.

So even though I'm vaccinated, I guess I'm still not going to be going out until the rest of the world gets vaccinated as well and the numbers collapse.  Bummer.  Here in Seattle the numbers have actually gone up in the last two weeks.

People keep saying that, but there's no reason to believe the different stations are any more difficult to cover than vanilla COVID.  It's not like 67% effective on the strains makes you some super-vaccine that would be 100% effective against the easier "normal" COVID.

Not only was J+J tested with much harsher variants, but the clinical trial where the numbers are from took place during the massive spike in early autumn. Pfizer and Moderna had their tests done beforehand when the virus was less severe. If they were to start a brand new clinical trial with the vaccinated patients all in the same geographic area at the same exact time, then we can compare J+J to the others. Otherwise, don't base your opinions on the specific vaccines based on non-scientific grounds. Watch the video Canis linked, it's good at explaining what I just said in a better way.
GeneralMacArthur
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2021, 09:36:39 AM »

I've seen that Vox video and it's dumb.  The surge doesn't mean anything because it would affect the control and treatment groups equally.  Let's say Pfizer was 95% efficacy, so 100 people in their control group got COVID and 5 in the treatment group.  Move their trial to the surge when COVID was 5x more likely, now 500 in control get COVID and 25 in treatment.  But J+J was like 500 in control and 160 in treatment.

Anyway the J+J is now suspended in the United States so my vaccine card will probably be a rare collector's item in a few decades.
Vaccinated Russian Bear
Russian Bear
Junior Chimp
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2021, 02:40:48 PM »

Tongue
StateBoiler
fe234
YaBB God

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2021, 02:42:21 PM »

Got first Moderna shot today. 2nd will be May 24th.
I spent the winter writing songs about getting better
BRTD
Atlas Prophet
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -6.50, S: -6.67

P P
« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2021, 10:48:41 AM »

Just had my second Pfizer shot minutes ago.
KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸
KoopaDaQuick
Junior Chimp
Anguilla

Political Matrix
E: -8.50, S: -5.74

« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2021, 12:54:25 AM »

Surprised that there are still no AstraZeneca takers here. I know this is an American forum, but where are the Europeans?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #74 on: April 21, 2021, 02:23:01 PM »
« Edited: April 21, 2021, 05:56:19 PM by America Needs Kali »

Just received my first COVID vaccine this afternoon -Pfizer.  My second dose is on May 12.   And I will most certainly get my third booster shot as soon as it becomes available.  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies