🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024) (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 11:22:27 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024) (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: 🇧🇬 Bulgarian elections megathread (next up: European and National (?) Parliament 09 June 2024)  (Read 27819 times)
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix
E: -7.87, S: -3.83

P P
« on: October 03, 2022, 03:04:06 AM »

Apologies for the ignorant questions, but what are the main parties' positions on military aid to Ukraine and sanctions on Russia, and what does that mean for the likely future government?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2022, 08:09:27 AM »

I see. So the most pro-Putin parties would be, in this order, Vazrazhdane, BV, and BSP?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2022, 04:27:02 PM »

I see. So the most pro-Putin parties would be, in this order, Vazrazhdane, BV, and BSP?
Yup. But this order applies to the party leadership; among the actual voters it's Vazrazhdane, BSP and BV. And I would say that (the few) BSP voters under 30 are generally more pro-Putin than their Vazrazhdane counterparts, who are more nihilistic than pro-anything. A friend who is in his mid-20s said something which rings true, although my sample size is very limited: 'Most Bulgarian Gen Z follow the same path: Nazi at 14 -> Communist at 16 -> regular alcoholic by 20 at the latest'.

Oh boy. Well, I guess that does explain a lot about your election results. Cheesy

Either way I'm mostly focused on the leadership, since they're the ones who will be making policy. How would you rate the probability of each of these parties ending up in the government coalition?
Antonio the Sixth
Antonio V
Atlas Institution
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2022, 07:57:02 AM »

Thanks. Very informative.

It sounds like Bulgaria is engulfed in a serious political crisis with no end in sight. Best of luck dealing with that.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies