Athens County, Ohio
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 09:41:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Presidential Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  U.S. Presidential Election Results (Moderator: Dereich)
  Athens County, Ohio
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Athens County, Ohio  (Read 377 times)
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: April 24, 2021, 07:42:46 AM »

I was just looking at the results in Athens County and it seems to be a weird anomoly in that the total number of raw votes along with the raw votes for both Trump and Biden went down from 2016. My guess is that because it's a county dominated by a college there were just fewer students living on campus because of COVID. I wonder if similar results exist in other college dominated areas.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2021, 10:32:57 AM »
« Edited: April 24, 2021, 11:24:01 AM by Jeff City Ancestral Republicans Against Saundra McDowell »

I was just looking at the results in Athens County and it seems to be a weird anomoly in that the total number of raw votes along with the raw votes for both Trump and Biden went down from 2016. My guess is that because it's a county dominated by a college there were just fewer students living on campus because of COVID. I wonder if similar results exist in other college dominated areas.
Someone on here theorized that the reason Lynchburg, VA flipped was because of the lack of Liberty University students.
TransfemmeGoreVidal
Fulbright DNC
United States

« Reply #2 on: April 24, 2021, 02:47:56 PM »

Someone on here theorized that the reason Lynchburg, VA flipped was because of the lack of Liberty University students.

That makes some sense although Lynchburg is home to a number of other colleges as well where I imagine the voting habits are more typical of students elsewhere and I'd imagine that if there was a decline in the overall number of student votes the students at Liberty would have been cancelled out. Maybe they're just the biggest chunk of students so it had the biggest impact.
Hope For A New Era
EastOfEden
YaBB God

« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2021, 10:14:28 PM »

That makes some sense although Lynchburg is home to a number of other colleges as well where I imagine the voting habits are more typical of students elsewhere and I'd imagine that if there was a decline in the overall number of student votes the students at Liberty would have been cancelled out. Maybe they're just the biggest chunk of students so it had the biggest impact.

Liberty is huge compared to all others.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies