Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 01:02:48 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: Peruvian Elections and Politics: Boluarte era, political crisis continues  (Read 65953 times)
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« on: June 09, 2021, 01:02:21 AM »

Castillo has declared victory:

He better hope this is not a 1948 situation in which the media prematurely declared one candidate the victor that was later proven wrong....  Tongue
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2021, 10:04:13 PM »

Open in new tab for full resolution.

What explains Fujimori's strength in the eastern/Amazonian portion of Peru? 
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2021, 05:38:00 PM »

Anybody?

Open in new tab for full resolution.

Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2021, 06:23:59 PM »

Anybody?

My guess would be that those departments have a relatively low % of indigenous people. Uyacali (16%) and especially Loreto (9%) are way below the national average (24%) and is clear that Castillo did better among indigenous.

Ah, thanks!
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2021, 04:45:25 PM »

Anybody?

My guess would be that those departments have a relatively low % of indigenous people. Uyacali (16%) and especially Loreto (9%) are way below the national average (24%) and is clear that Castillo did better among indigenous.

Here in Brazil Bolsonaro/the right has a lot of support in Amazonas because of anti-environmental stances. There’s at least some level of perception that they’re more isolated from the country and that exploring resources is better path for development of the region.

Not sure whether there’s a similar thinking in Peru, but that Amazonas Peruvian area borders the Brazilian Amazonas state.
What did Castillo say on topic of the environment in the second round campaign?

What did he say about it?
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2021, 05:13:37 PM »

Anybody?

Here in Brazil Bolsonaro/the right has a lot of support in Amazonas because of anti-environmental stances. There’s at least some level of perception that they’re more isolated from the country and that exploring resources is better path for development of the region.

Not sure whether there’s a similar thinking in Peru, but that Amazonas Peruvian area borders the Brazilian Amazonas state.
What did Castillo say on topic of the environment in the second round campaign?

What did he say about it?
I mean, I didn't know, that's why I asked in thread.

Oh, I thought you were making a statement with a question.  
Frodo
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2021, 12:59:36 AM »
« Edited: June 19, 2021, 01:05:56 AM by Frodo »

A group of retired Peruvian officers are (basically) calling on the military to orchestrate a coup d'état to prevent Pedro Castillo from assuming the presidency:

Peru ex-military stir election tensions with appeal to Armed Forces to "remedy" poll

Have they anyone in mind yet who can assume the role of General Augusto Pinochet?  Tongue

Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies