MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 08:06:24 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23
Author Topic: MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.  (Read 36047 times)
Roll Roons
Atlas Icon
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2022, 08:39:43 PM »

How does the Michigan GOP suck so much?
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2022, 08:47:15 PM »

The R party is an Insurrectionists party they can't help themselves and say they win and they didn't even Boehner, and Ryan and Walker said Trump didn't win

Even Kari Lake who is tied with Hobbs says Trump won and he didn't
Yoda
United States

« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2022, 08:52:02 PM »

It is worth noting that the Democrats have had a lucky streak in Michigan as of late. With the top GOP contender (James Craig) potentially having just doomed himself from the nomination and Democrats having overperformed in several MI statewide elections. I still think it's a toss-up but of the toss-ups I'd now argue that this is the most likely to remain Democrat.

The GOP has shot themselves in the foot over and over again. Like in hindsight Slotkin and Stevens should've been more serious targets in 2020 and they should've taken MI-Sen 2020 more seriously. MI-Sen 2014 was also embarrassing.

Also on the statewide office levels, the GOP always seems to run people outside the mainstream who really struggle to connect with voters and come off as either too extreme and/or too in it for themselves.

Considering they could still increase margins in many communities in the state and the main Dem vote get; Detroit, has been shrinking, the GOP really needs to take the state more serious long term, especially since the new maps make the state legistlature more competative and a Dem trifecta isn't out of the question this decade.

Wayne county isn’t really shrinking very fast and the main places gaining population Kalamazoo, Grand Rapids, and the Detroit suburbs are all rapidly trending D so I don’t think this is as important as you’re making it out to be.

Exactly. It benefits democrats that Detroit is shrinking and is becoming a less dense concentration of democratic voters. When those voters move to the D burbs or to Lansing, Grand Rapids, etc it really helps the democrats' ability to win more state legislative seats and Congressional seats as they are more evenly spread out.
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2022, 08:52:59 PM »

Who will be the nominee? Dixon, Soldano, or Rinke?

Dixon is the clear favorite
Yoda
United States

« Reply #154 on: May 23, 2022, 08:55:29 PM »

This is hilarious and, I'd guess, unprecedented.

Do they (James Craig and the rest) have any recourse on this decision? Is this final?
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #155 on: May 23, 2022, 09:31:45 PM »

Why? Is Trump likely to endorse her?
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #156 on: May 23, 2022, 09:57:35 PM »

I guess I shouldn't have said "clear" favorite, because that's too generous. She just is winning the endorsement game so far and is getting the most attention, but we'll have to wait for post-Craig polling to really know anything for sure.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #157 on: May 23, 2022, 10:03:51 PM »

I guess I shouldn't have said "clear" favorite, because that's too generous. She just is winning the endorsement game so far and is getting the most attention, but we'll have to wait for post-Craig polling to really know anything for sure.

If she gets the Trump endorsement does she lock up the primary, or can she still be beaten?
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #158 on: May 23, 2022, 10:09:26 PM »

So is it safe to say that Craig is officially out of the race or does he get some sort of appeal?
Splash
United States

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2022, 12:14:20 AM »

So is it safe to say that Craig is officially out of the race or does he get some sort of appeal?

The Michigan Board of Canvassers could ignore the recommendation(s) of the Bureau of Elections and place Craig on the ballot, but since the board is split, 2-2, between Democrats and Republicans, that would require the concurrence of at least one of the Democrats. 

After that, I guess they could try to get the courts to intervene, but Craig didn't even get close to the minimum ballot threshold. Almost half of the signatures his campaign submitted were deemed straight up fraudulent. He claims he's the victim here but I seriously question the competency and sincerity of a campaign that looked at the following signatures and said 'yup, those are legit!'

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2022, 02:47:50 AM »

We need a lot of lucky breaks this year, and this could be one of them.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2022, 07:09:52 AM »

I wouldn't be to excited yall. Dixon if elected(which is still likelier than not if she makes it to the general) would be worse than Craig
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2022, 09:48:51 AM »

It's really laughable just how bad the MI/WI/PA GOP is.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2022, 09:51:54 AM »

LMAO he's really blaming other people! I cant

Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2022, 01:00:27 PM »

I wouldn't be to excited yall. Dixon if elected(which is still likelier than not if she makes it to the general) would be worse than Craig

Rinke shouldn’t be written off just yet.
Minnesota Mike
YaBB God

« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2022, 01:05:02 PM »

It's really laughable just how bad the MI/WI/PA GOP is.

Throw in the MN GOP.
Chancellor Tanterterg
Mr. X
Moderators
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2022, 01:42:58 PM »

Nah, Whitmer is definitely favored at this point.  Craig was the clear Republican frontrunner for a reason and it would’ve been either Tilt D or Tilt R even with him.  Republicans likely blew this one.
Stand With Israel. Crush Hamas
Ray Goldfield
Junior Chimp

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2022, 02:33:19 PM »

How does this keep happening in Michigan? Are the ballot requirements more stringent there than the average? I remember this same kind of weird scam knocked out long-time Congressman Thad McCotter.
RussFeingoldWasRobbed
Progress96
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.65, S: -6.26

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2022, 02:41:39 PM »

Nah, Whitmer is definitely favored at this point.  Craig was the clear Republican frontrunner for a reason and it would’ve been either Tilt D or Tilt R even with him.  Republicans likely blew this one.
She literally broke her own pandemic restrictions multiple times. You can't tell me that's going to go over well with the voters. I wouldn't be surprised if Mastriano lost and Dixon/Craig/Soldano won and the margin is not close between the two
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2022, 02:45:26 PM »

Nah, Whitmer is definitely favored at this point.  Craig was the clear Republican frontrunner for a reason and it would’ve been either Tilt D or Tilt R even with him.  Republicans likely blew this one.
She literally broke her own pandemic restrictions multiple times. You can't tell me that's going to go over well with the voters. I wouldn't be surprised if Mastriano lost and Dixon/Craig/Soldano won and the margin is not close between the two

If Whitmer loses, it will be because of inflation and general dissatisfaction with the Democratic Party, not because of that. Those stories blew over pretty quickly when they broke, and they might as well be ancient history at this point. Those who always supported the restrictions never cared, and those who opposed the restrictions were already firmly anti-Whitmer. Republicans don't even really use this talking point anymore as far as I've seen.
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2022, 01:59:08 PM »

Craig has officially been removed from the ballot, by the way. Whitmer is popping a bottle of champagne in Lansing, I'm sure.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #171 on: May 26, 2022, 03:57:13 PM »

Craig has officially been removed from the ballot, by the way. Whitmer is popping a bottle of champagne in Lansing, I'm sure.

The fact that the former police chief is engulfed in such an illegal scandal is just... so ironic
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #172 on: May 31, 2022, 01:15:16 PM »

Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #173 on: May 31, 2022, 01:20:00 PM »
« Edited: May 31, 2022, 02:18:05 PM by Josh Shapiro for Governor »

The poll has Whitmer at a 42% approval rating with Republican women... backlash to Dobbs?
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #174 on: May 31, 2022, 04:24:54 PM »

The poll has Whitmer at a 42% approval rating with Republican women... backlash to Dobbs?

I'm not sure how they'd have her be at 42% approval with GOP women and only be 49% overall though...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies