MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:44:36 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  Gubernatorial/State Elections (Moderators: Brittain33, GeorgiaModerate, Gass3268, Virginiá, Gracile)
  MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23
Author Topic: MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.  (Read 36082 times)
The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow
slightlyburnttoast
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.42, S: -5.43

P P
Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2021, 11:29:46 PM »

I honestly doubt she would win the nomination, which is quite impressive given how high her profile is. She’s not good on camera, and the MAGA crowd wouldn’t like that she ditched the administration post-1/6. I’m a bit surprised she even wants to attempt a political campaign given how uncomfortable she seemed with the media spotlight during her tenure as Secretary.

That being said, her being nominated would, as others have said, be a tremendous gift to Whitmer. Craig is a far superior choice for the MI GOP.

You don't think she could?  Money seems to matter a lot in primaries and she has a lot of it.  

No, she absolutely could, and her massive war chest will undoubtedly be a huge asset. I just don’t think she’ll be able to make a compelling case for herself. Her biggest advantage was her proximity to Trump, but by resigning before the end of his term, she kinda threw that out the window. I also think that the GOP is really hungry for candidates with backgrounds in law enforcement at the moment, and Craig is their best bet to beat Whitmer on paper.

Yeah, she also seems to represent what the party used to be (upper middle class suburban business friendly people) and not what the party is now (MERUCA FIRST blue lives matter (except for Capitol police of course)).

Yep. Spearheading the school choice movement (and her family’s role in the MI GOP over the years) will win her some goodwill with the old guard who genuinely care about enacting traditional conservative policy, but I just don’t see the base getting excited about her at all.
Dr Oz Lost Party!
PittsburghSteel
Atlas Icon
United States

P P
« Reply #76 on: July 16, 2021, 10:10:27 AM »

If she does run, Whitmer should pull a 2012 McCaskill and spend money to help her win the primary.
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #77 on: July 21, 2021, 05:49:19 AM »

Whitmer has raised $8.5 million so far in 2021, setting a new record for off years for Gubernatorial candidates.

Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) has raised $8.5 million so far this year for her reelection bid, a larger haul than any gubernatorial candidate in the state has raised in any previous off year.

Whitmer’s campaign said in a press release that the governor has over $10 million cash on hand and that the total amount she raised is already over $500,000 more than she hauled in during the entire 2018 cycle. Whitmer has now raised over $14 million for the 2022 cycle and has taken in money from over 25,000 contributors.

Crogers
Rookie
United States

« Reply #78 on: July 22, 2021, 12:56:05 AM »
« Edited: July 22, 2021, 06:56:21 AM by Crogers »

We need James Craig. Whitmer has shown her true colors. She is NOT a moderate.
JMT

« Reply #79 on: August 11, 2021, 08:36:04 AM »

SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #80 on: August 11, 2021, 08:49:43 AM »

That's a shame. She's one of the few people Whitmer would have been favored against.
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #81 on: August 11, 2021, 09:05:02 AM »

Unfortunate. Ms. DeVos would have been one of the easiest opponents for Whitmer, though she'd have tons of ressources. Probably now donating to whoever gets the GOP nomination.

Race is Lean D as of today although SN tries to convince us it's Titanium R.
Progressive Pessimist
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.71, S: -7.65

« Reply #82 on: August 11, 2021, 06:58:27 PM »

Unfortunate. Ms. DeVos would have been one of the easiest opponents for Whitmer, though she'd have tons of ressources. Probably now donating to whoever gets the GOP nomination.

Race is Lean D as of today although SN tries to convince us it's Titanium R.

Let him keep doing it though. Out of superstition I want to think that's why we're still somehow winning in Michigan.
Telesquare
Gyroburrito
Rookie
United States

« Reply #83 on: September 08, 2021, 06:02:11 PM »

I guess this is the main thread and not the James Craig one?
anyways,
ShadowRocket
cb48026

« Reply #84 on: September 19, 2021, 01:37:31 PM »

I didn't see it posted yet but former Detroit Police Chief James Craig officially announced his campaign several days ago:

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2021/09/16/james-craig-announces-run-for-governor-begins-to-campaign/
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #85 on: September 19, 2021, 01:41:06 PM »

I didn't see it posted yet but former Detroit Police Chief James Craig officially announced his campaign several days ago:

https://detroit.cbslocal.com/2021/09/16/james-craig-announces-run-for-governor-begins-to-campaign/

bronz must like this.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2021, 08:35:56 PM »

Craig is okay, he will be seen as a corrupt cop if he wins the GOP nomination....Mayor Duggan will probably decline to endorse Whitmer or Craig since he knows both, he should do so....

I don't defend law enforcement---I hold them accountable like they should
Not Me, Us
KhanOfKhans
United States

« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2021, 08:40:08 PM »

Craig is okay, he will be seen as a corrupt cop if he wins the GOP nomination....Mayor Duggan will probably decline to endorse Whitmer or Craig since he knows both, he should do so....

Duggan is a Democrat, so he'll endorse the Democrat. Not that it really matters.
Suburbia
bronz4141
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2021, 09:27:59 PM »

Duggan is a Democrat, so he'll endorse the Democrat. Not that it really matters.

He should stay out of it and don't endorse anyone
NewYorkExpress
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #89 on: February 01, 2022, 03:02:57 AM »

John James is out and will instead run for Congress in MI-10.

Republican businessman John James announced Monday he is launching a campaign for the open U.S. House seat in the competitive new 10th District that's centered on Macomb County.

James, 40, of Farmington Hills is the highest profile GOP candidate to enter the race for the district, which covers parts of Macomb and Oakland counties including Rochester Hills, Warren and Sterling Heights.

The businessman had been recruited by national Republicans who hoped he'd run but he was also considered a possible contender for the gubernatorial race. In an interview Monday, the former U.S. Senate candidate and Army veteran acknowledged he had weighed the possibility of running against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

"That was something that I prayed about hard," James said. "It’s something that I really labored over. After talking to my wife, we both came to the conclusion that I want to serve my country again.”
Duke of York

« Reply #90 on: February 01, 2022, 02:33:46 PM »

https://www.fox2detroit.com/news/republican-candidates-urge-michigan-poll-workers-to-bring-guns-unplug-machines-if-they-suspect-voter-fraud

Republican candidates urge Michigan poll workers to bring guns, unplug machines if they suspect voter fraud
President Johnson
Atlas Star
Germany

Political Matrix
E: -3.23, S: -4.70

« Reply #91 on: February 01, 2022, 03:39:04 PM »

John James is out and will instead run for Congress in MI-10.

Republican businessman John James announced Monday he is launching a campaign for the open U.S. House seat in the competitive new 10th District that's centered on Macomb County.

James, 40, of Farmington Hills is the highest profile GOP candidate to enter the race for the district, which covers parts of Macomb and Oakland counties including Rochester Hills, Warren and Sterling Heights.

The businessman had been recruited by national Republicans who hoped he'd run but he was also considered a possible contender for the gubernatorial race. In an interview Monday, the former U.S. Senate candidate and Army veteran acknowledged he had weighed the possibility of running against Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer.

"That was something that I prayed about hard," James said. "It’s something that I really labored over. After talking to my wife, we both came to the conclusion that I want to serve my country again.”

Definitely the safer option for him, I guess. He can still run for governor (or senate again) at a later point in time. He first needs a win under his belt for now.
wbrocks67
Atlas Star

« Reply #92 on: April 06, 2022, 09:16:20 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #93 on: April 06, 2022, 01:19:59 PM »

Whitmer is gonna win anyways
SnowLabrador
Junior Chimp
United States

« Reply #94 on: April 06, 2022, 01:44:05 PM »

DEMOCRATS! GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER!
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #95 on: April 06, 2022, 01:48:06 PM »

This is scary. Democrats need to make this a focal point and tell all Biden 2020 voters in MI that if they want their vote to matter in the future, they need to turn out in 2022 and vote for Whitmer and the other Democratic candidates for statewide office.
Tekken_Guy
Atlas Icon
United States

P P P
« Reply #96 on: April 06, 2022, 05:03:24 PM »

This is scary. Democrats need to make this a focal point and tell all Biden 2020 voters in MI that if they want their vote to matter in the future, they need to turn out in 2022 and vote for Whitmer and the other Democratic candidates for statewide office.

Craig is just dodging the question like Kleefisch is. He hasn’t explicitly said he’s not certifying.
Schiff for Senate
CentristRepublican
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2022, 05:12:48 PM »

Craig is just dodging the question like Kleefisch is. He hasn’t explicitly said he’s not certifying.

Even that much is inexcusable and scary and the fact that Craig isn't expressly disavowing the idea that he'd uniltaterally decide to overturn democracy in MI is itself dangerous. Just saying "Oh it's okay he'll probably decide not to uniltaterally ignore the will of MI's voters, this is just to please the base" shows how much the GOP has normalized this behaviour. It needs to be called out and MI Democrats and all Biden voters in MI need to make clear they will not tolerate Craig skirting an important question that will directly impact them and their voices/votes.

(And yes, the same goes for Kleefisch in WI.)
Shaula🏳️‍⚧️
The Pieman
Junior Chimp
Australia

« Reply #98 on: April 06, 2022, 07:00:00 PM »

Kleefisch and Craig would certify the election, they're dodging the question because they don't want to piss off the base or Trump.
Perdue or Lake (and probably Barletta or Mastriano) wouldn't certify though.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #99 on: April 07, 2022, 08:11:43 AM »

We haven't seen any WI, PA and MI polls so it's not safe to assume the Rs have it in the bag

I don't know why pollsters won't poll the state there isn't any D primary on any three of them
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies