MI-GOV Megathread: 👵🏻 Gram died alone.

<< < (3/113) > >>

brucejoel99:
At this point, it feels like he just wants to keep humiliating himself. Let it go, John! Live your life in peace!!

DaleCooper:
Quote from: brucejoel99 on March 25, 2021, 10:06:58 AM

At this point, it feels like he just wants to keep humiliating himself. Let it go, John! Live your life in peace!!

If John James had run against Stabenow in a hypothetical Clinton midterm, he probably would've won. If anything Whitmer should hope that James isn't her opponent, but I'm skeptical that he will be able to win the primary after failing twice in the Senate, regardless of whether that's a charitable way to describe his losses.

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers:
Whitmer wins

If my soul was made of stone:
I'd say that he's fixing to be the new Harold Stassen, but Stassen actually won an election once.

The Undefeatable Debbie Stabenow:
I know it's fun to clown on him for losing twice, but I really don't think there's anything to suggest that he's a uniquely bad candidate. In fact, I still think he's probably better than most of the MI GOP. Remember that he outran Trump last year and outperformed the gubernatorial and SOS nominees in 2018 (and he presumably would have outran the AG candidate as well had Nessel not incurred the "controversies" that she did).

That being said, Whitmer's unpopularity seems to be significantly overstated on this forum. Her detractors may be particularly vocal, but polling has consistently shown that a majority of the state approves of her COVID response.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page