Office of Lincoln Governor KaiserDave
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:35:19 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections
  Atlas Fantasy Elections (Moderators: Southern Senator North Carolina Yankee, Lumine)
  Office of Lincoln Governor KaiserDave
« previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Author Topic: Office of Lincoln Governor KaiserDave  (Read 5557 times)
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 24, 2021, 10:50:02 AM »
« edited: March 26, 2022, 04:51:43 PM by KaiserDave »

Welcome to my office! Well, I have three, one in the Governor's Residence in Philadelphia, my Lincoln Labor office in Gary, and my personal office in Burlington. It's important to stay in touch with the entirety of the region, not just the affairs of the capital. I will conduct most of my affairs from Burlington, but with usual trips to New York City and Philadelphia and with the occasional weekend in Gary. I am a Governor for all of Lincoln, not just one city. I will also conduct capital-for-a-day events across the region to further underline this point.

Now, back to my office. My office is always open, well as long as you ask my Secretary if I'm not busy. But just about anybody can enter my office at just about any time. You'll find my in my cushioned swivel chair either typing on my laptop, signing papers, on the phone, or watching the Mets. Or perhaps I'll be using the waffle maker in the corner, which you are also welcome to use. You can also ask my Secretary to get two hot pretzels for the both of us! I will do my best to make my office as approachable and friendly as possible. I am your Governor, and nobody else's.

I will have a public schedule of all my meetings in my office, and my goings on in my official duties will be public for everyone. I will reserve a second post for these listings. Well, welcome to my office! Settle in and we'll have a nice chat, I've already poured some seltzer for the both of us.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:50:28 AM »
« Edited: July 25, 2022, 05:21:14 PM by KaiserDave »

Schedule of Official Duties

• Notification to the Legislature on Budget
  • Correspondences with Councillors
  • Intra-party Discussion on Strategy
  • Chancellorship Appointment and Election
  • Office Meetings on Constitutional Reform
  • Notifications to the Legislature on LC 10.12, LC 10.11, and LC 10.10
  • Conference with Councillors
  • Constitutional Reform Meetings
  • Conference with Councillors
  • Proudly Signed LC 10.12 Open Schools Act
  • Notifications to Legislature on LC 10.12, LC 10.13
  • Constitutional Reform Meetings
  • VETOED LC 10.11 (Passed Via Ref)
  • Shared Constitution Draft with Speaker
  • Constitutional Reform Meetings with Speaker
  • VETOED LC 10.16 (Passed Via Ref)
  • Happily Signed LC 10.15 School Day Act
  • Intra-party Discussion on Budget
  • Introduced New Constitution
  • FINALLY Signed LC 10.9 Budget
  • Extensive Discussion with Councillors on Constitution
  • Gladly Signed LC 10.4 Repeal
  • Meetings with the Speaker
  • Meetings with Graphic Designers and Historians
  • Intra-Party Discussion on Strategy
  • Meetings with the Speaker
  • Signed LC 10.18
  • EXCITEDLY Signed LC 10.19 NEW CONSTITUTION
  • Signed LC 10.14
  • Proclaimed April 26 as Lincoln Constitution Day
  • Attending Opening of the GENERAL COURT of Lincoln
  • Advocated for LGC 1.3, Flag and Seal Act
  • Notifications to legislature on LGC 1.4
  • Intra Party Discussions on Strategy
  • Announced opposition to LGC 10.4 FF Act
  • Penned Letter to Michigan State Legislature
  • Happily Signed LGC 1.3 Flag and Seal Act
  • Signed LGC 1.2 Downballot Elections Act
  • Proclamation on Flag and Seal
  • Discussions with Speaker
  • Notifications to Legislature on LGC 1.7
  • Happily Signed LGC 1.9 BLANK Act
  • Contentedly Signed LGC 1.7
  • Excitedly Signed LGC 1.8
  • Happily Signed LGC 1.11 (with thanks to the Speaker)
  • VETOED LGC 1.10
  • Gladly signed LGC 1.12
  • Correspondences with Deputies
  • VETOED LGC 1.4
  • Correspondences with the Speaker
  • Intra-Party Discussion on Policy
  • VETOED LC 10.13
  • Intra-Party Discussion on Policy
  • Correspondences with the Speaker
  • Correspondences with Deputies
  • Thank you to Deputies AGA and Tack50
  • VETOED LGC 2.2
  • VETOED LGC 2.3
  • VETOED LGC 2.4
  • Gladly signed LGC 2.5
  • Gladly signed LGC 2.6
  • VETOED LGC 2.7
  • Gladly signed LGC 3.6
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.1
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.3
  • VETOED LGC 4.4
  • VETOED LGC 4.5
  • VETOED LGC 4.9
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.9 after Amendments
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.10
  • VETOED LGC 4.7 (Overriden)
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.8
  • Allowed 4.13 to Become Law without my signature
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.12
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.11
  • Gladly signed LGC 4.16
  • VETOED LGC 4.14
  • VETOED LGC 5.2
  • Gladly signed LGC 5.0
  • Gladly signed LGC 5.2
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.2
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.1
  • Issued Executive Orders Pertinent to COVID-19 Regulations and Elections Administration
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.6
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.7
  • Mobilized National Guard to deal with civil crisis
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.4
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.5
  • Gladly signed LGC 6.12
  • Gladly signed LGC 7.1
  • Gladly signed LGC 8.3

Capital-for-a-Day Events

• Capital-for-a-Day in Worcester
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Gloucester
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Camden
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Scranton
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Peoria
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Pittsburgh
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Peaks Island
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Dayton
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Bay City
  • Capital-for-a-Day in Cooperstown
  • SOON! Capital-for-a-Day in Edgewater
  • SOON! Capital-for-a-Day in Waukegan
AGA
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: 0.39, S: -5.39

P P
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2021, 05:46:07 PM »

Right Honorable Governor, I humbly request the right to form a government in your name, I trust that I have the confidence of the Council.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2021, 05:54:11 PM »

From the Desk of the Governor

I hereby appoint Councillor AGA as Chancellor.

Signed

Governor KaiserDave

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2021, 04:04:34 PM »

Capital for a Day: Worcester

Today I conducted my affairs from city hall in Worcester Massachusetts. I spent the day primarily at work, calling Councillors, conferencing with party members, and conversing with staff on matters of importance, but I also spent a good deal of time meeting with locals and with Worcester city leaders. I had lunch with several city councillors, and I had breakfast at a local diner. I spent much of my evening on video chats with local activists and community leaders. In all my activities I was careful to observe COVID-19 precautions.

There are many issues I spoke to folks about, but there is a common thread with them all. The dysfunction and overly bureaucratic nature of the Philadelphia plan is stifling progress at every level. I promise to change this.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2021, 11:34:06 AM »

Capital for a Day: Gloucester

Today I conducted all governing business from the city of Gloucester Massachusetts. I breakfasted outside with the Mayor and members of the City Council, and then spent the morning in virtual meetings inside an appropriated office in the City Hall. At lunch I went out to get some seafood, namely fried clams and a lobster roll (no mayonnaise). While I ate, I toured the docks of the city, and it felt wonderful to be at the edge of the country. I spoke to local fisherman on their goings on, what the fishing has been like lately, and spoke about issues they were concerned about. I even went out on a brief boat ride with some local fisherman, where we mostly discussed seafood and baseball, though I did get in a chat on policy regarding fishing.

I spent the afternoon meeting virtually with local activists and leaders, and in conference with party officials and Lincoln Councillors. I had dinner in town, took masked photos with locals, and took one last walk to the docks to say goodbye before I departed back to the mountains of Vermont. I greatly enjoyed my time in Gloucester, and hearing their concerns. I hope they, and all of my constituents are proud of the soon to be released constitution.

Mike Thick
tedbessell
Junior Chimp

Political Matrix
E: -6.65, S: -8.26

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2021, 01:06:15 AM »

Just workin our way down the 'Cesters are we now
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2021, 04:09:59 PM »

Citizens, patriots, friends, and comrades. Today I map out the future of Lincoln. A future free of the bureaucratic eccentricities of the Philly Plan, a future free of the dysfunction it has given us. A future that is brighter and more fair than before. Friends, in collaboration with titanic intellectuals of Atlasia, like Tack50, and working hard with the Speaker Dwarven Dragon, I have put together a new constitution to put the Philly Plan's dysfunction behind us. This plan gets us back to the basics. The legislature, the Governor, and the courts. No more division of responsibility to an extreme degree. No more budgets languishing for half a year in limbo with no clear direction on who must take charge. No more struggle to find someone to be Chancellor and someone else to be Speaker. The legislature will be elected, the legislature will debate, the legislature will pass laws, and the people's Governor will pass judgement upon them. Without further ado, here it is.

Third Lincoln Constitution

Preamble
We, the people of the states of Connecticut, Illinois, Indiana, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Providence Plantations, Wisconsin, Vermont, and the Virgin Islands, acting in accordance with the great precept that all men and women are created equal, and for the purpose of preserving the blessings of liberty for ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for Lincoln.
Bill of Rights
1. All persons born or naturalized in the Republic of Atlasia and being residents of one of the states of this region, are citizens of Lincoln, with all the rights, privileges, and responsibilities of the same. No citizen shall be denied equal protection under the law.
2. The Chamber of Deputies shall make no law abridging the freedom of speech, nor of the press, nor the right to assemble and petition for the redress of grievances.
3. The Chamber shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, nor obstructing the freedom of worship.
4. Neither slavery, nor involuntary servitude, shall exist within this region, or in any territories under its jurisdiction.
5. A well-regulated militia being necessary for the security of a free state, the right of citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
6. In all suits of criminal law, the accused shall have right to a free and fair trial by an impartial jury of their peers.
7. No person accused of any crime under the laws of this region shall be subjected to warrantless search or seizure of their homes, persons, records, or possessions; nor excessive bail; nor cruel or unusual punishment; nor compelled to bear witness against herself; nor denied right to legal counsel.
8. The Privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, save when in times of war or rebellion the public safety may require it.
9. The enumeration of certain rights in this Constitution shall not be construed as to deny those natural and inherent rights herein unlisted.
(Copy of Fremont, cutting the collective bargaining section)
Article I: The Legislative power
1. All legislative powers granted herein shall be vested in an Chamber.
2. The Chamber shall consist of five members, except when there are 9 or more candidates on the ballot in a regular election, in which case it shall be 7, chosen every second month by the eligible voters of Lincoln, according to a method of proportional representation prescribed by law.
3. No person shall be a member of the Chamber who is not a citizen of this region, and no person shall remain a member who is found by a vote of three-fourths of their peers to be guilty of gross negligence, high crimes, or misdemeanors.
4. The Chamber shall elect its speaker and other officers and shall have sole authority to determine its own methods of proceedings.
5. Every bill passed by the Chamber shall, before it becomes law, be submitted to the judgment of the governor. If they approve of it, they should sign it and it will become law; but if they disapprove they may veto it, and it shall be returned to the Chamber. If, after considering the objections of the governor, the Chamber should by a two-thirds vote agree to pass the same bill, it shall become law regardless of the governor's objections. If the governor shall not act to sign or veto a bill, it shall become law seven (7) days after its adoption by the Chamber. The Governor shall have the authority to submit revisions to passed legislation if it has less than two thirds support of the chamber, if they deem fit, and return it to the legislature for reconsideration.
6. Whenever a vacancy should occur in the composition of the Chamber, the governor shall appoint a replacement. Should the vacancy have occurred fewer than 336 hours before the next general election, the member thus nominated shall serve the remainder of the existing term; otherwise, they shall serve only until a new member may be elected.
7. The Chamber may, by a four-fifths vote, impeach and remove the governor for gross negligence or criminal acts; but the governor shall not be convicted without the concurrence of four-fifths of the members present, and the penalty for his conviction shall not exceed removal from office and disbarment from holding any office under this region for eighteen months.
8. In the event of a tied vote of the Chamber, the governor shall have the power to break the tie.

Article II: The Executive Power
1. The powers and duties of the executive shall be vested in the governor of Lincoln
2. The governor shall be elected every fourth month by the entire body of eligible voters. No person shall be governor who is not a citizen of Lincoln, and no elected governor shall be a member of the Chamber.
3. The governor shall have the power to carry out all acts in association with the enforcement of the laws passed under this constitution; to command the militia in times of war; to appoint the heads of such departments which may be established by law; to issue pardons and reprieves for crimes committed under the laws of this region, which shall be permanent upon their issuance, though they shall have no power to pardon themselves; to appoint, in accordance with Article V of the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia, the associate justice of the circuit court of this region; and to approve, or veto, all acts passed by the Chamber.
4. Should the governor vacate their office either by their death, removal, forfeiture, or resignation, then the speaker of the Chamber, or if there be no speaker the member with the longest continuous service, shall act as governor until a successor may be elected. The acting governor need not vacate their seat in the Chamber, but they shall have no vote in its proceedings so long as they continue to exercise the powers of the governor. If there is neither a speaker nor any members of the Chamber, then the powers and duties of the governor shall devolve upon the associate justice of the circuit court, or if there be none such officer as the president of Atlasia may appoint from among the citizens of Lincoln, until a successor may be elected.
Article III: Senators
1. Elections for the Senate of the Republic of Atlasia shall be conducted at regular intervals, in the months prescribed by the Constitution thereof.
2. Senators shall be elected by a direct vote of the people, and no person eligible to vote in elections for governor and Council shall be denied the right to vote for Senator.
3. Should a vacancy occur in the representation of this Region in the Senate, the governor shall appoint an interim senator to serve until a replacement may be elected. Special elections for the Senate shall begin on the Friday following the creation of the vacancy; but if the vacancy shall occur on a Thursday, the special election shall begin on the second Friday following the creation of the vacancy.
4. Senators who are elected in a regularly scheduled election shall take office on the first day of the next session of Congress. Senators elected in a special election shall take office immediately upon election.
Article IV: Elections
1. The right to vote in all elections and referendums called according to the provisions of this Constitution shall be exclusive to those persons being eligible to vote in elections for President of the Republic of Atlasia who have been registered to vote in one of the states of this Region for a period of at least 72 hours prior to the commencement of the election. The Chamber shall have the right to pass further residency requirements through legislation.
2. Voters shall be permitted to edit their ballots until 20 minutes after posting them in the voting booth. No voter shall edit their ballot after the official end of the voting period.
3. All elections and referendums of this region shall be administered by the governor. Whenever the governor should be unable to perform this duty, the speaker of the Chamber, or in their absence the most senior member, shall administer the election.
4. Elections for governor shall be held in the months of April, August, and December. Elections for the Chamber shall be held in the months of February, April, June, August, October, and December.
5. Candidates for governor, Chamber, and federal Senate must declare their candidacy in the appropriate thread by 2:00:00 PM, Eastern Time, on the Thursday preceding the election in order to appear on the ballot.
6. Except in the month of December, elections for governor, Chamber, and federal Senate shall begin on the penultimate Friday of the given month. In December, all elections shall begin on the second Friday of the month. Special Elections are scheduled by the Governor at any date that they deem fit. In all cases, voting shall begin at 12:00:00 AM, Eastern Time, on the appointed day and continue for 72 hours hence.
7. Following the expiration of the voting period, the election administrator shall have 24 hours to produce a tally of the votes cast and to announce the persons elected.
8. All elections shall be by single transferable vote, unless otherwise specified by law.
9. The terms of the Governor and Chamber  shall begin at 12:00:00 Eastern Time on the first Wednesday following their election. Prior to assuming office, the governor and members shall swear the following oath or equivalent: I, [A.B.], do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the office of [state office name] and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the constitutions of Lincoln and the Republic of Atlasia. Any person elected to office under this constitution who shall fail to swear or affirm the aforesaid within 72 hours of the constitutional commencement of their term, shall forfeit their office.
10. All referendums on proposed amendments to this constitution and to the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia shall begin on the first Friday following their passage by the appropriate body; but if the passage shall occur on a Thursday, the referendum shall begin on the second Friday following passage. The appropriate election administrator shall open the voting booth at 12:00:00 AM, Eastern Time. Voting shall continue for 72 hours, and no vote cast more than 72 hours after the voting booth was opened shall be considered valid.
11. In all referendums, a YES vote shall be considered a vote in favor of passing the referendum and a NO vote shall be considered a vote against passing the referendum. Abstentions shall not affect the results of the referendum. In all cases, a simple majority of those voting YES or NO shall be required to pass the referendum.
Article V: Amendments
1. The Chamber shall have the power to propose amendments to this constitution by a two-thirds vote.
2. Lincoln shall ratify amendments to the constitution of the Republic of Atlasia by public referendum.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2021, 04:43:18 PM »

Capital for a Day: Camden

Today I conducted my business from the Camden County City Hall, in Camden New Jersey. I unfortunately spent most of my time in my office conferencing with Councillors on the Constitution on amendments. While I met with Councillors in extended phone calls and Zoom meetings, my staff met with local leaders and activists. In the late afternoon I finally got out of office to met with local leaders and activists personally. I walked through the streets to meet with the people and hear their concerns. It is always important elected leaders take themselves out of the halls of power ever so often to spend time among the source of any legitimate government power, the people. I drove out to the Covanta Camden Energy Recovery center, where our waste in burned at very high temperatures to be able to be used as energy. It reduces the size of our landfills and as long as emissions are controlled, it is good for the planet. I spoke to the workers there, heard their concerns, and provided on the spot guidance for the processes involved. I spent the evening at an outdoor, socially distanced event to discuss the budget I just signed. I was happy to report that we finally have a budget, and while it's not perfect, it shows that our government can function, and it must.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2021, 12:19:17 PM »

Capital for a Day: Scranton

I had insisted to my staff that I would hold one of my first capital-for-a-day events in Scranton. And I got my wish! Today I drove out from my Philadelphia residence to Scranton, where I was greeted by a cheering (masked) crowd, to whom I made no secret of my affections for the greater Lackawanna area. I strolled over to the city hall, where I settled into an office to begin my work. Much of it included discussions with Councillors over the constitution, but also other meetings with local leaders outside of Scranton on the phone, and speaking to various departmental officials. Around noon I gave my usual COVID-19 briefing, but this time from Scranton with local leaders and medical officials, instead of usually from one of my offices.

In the afternoon I went out to a local Jewish Deli to grab a sandwich, and spoke to locals on issues concerning them. I spoke to local small businessmen to talk to them on how COVID-19 continues to be a challenge and a concern, I listened to what they were thinking and took notes accordingly. I then went out to some of the exurbs, namely Moosic, Taylor, and Old Forge, where I spoke to locals and tucked in for an outdoor pizza dinner in Old Forge. It was quite good.

I said goodbye to Scranton and Lackawanna, and took a night prop plane flight to Burlington, doing work all the way. Thank you Scranton!
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2021, 04:26:51 PM »

Capital for a Day: Peoria

Today I conducted my work from Peoria Illinois, more specifically the Peoria City Hall. I flew in on a prop plane from Gary, where the Lincoln Labor Headquarters is located. I spent my morning meeting with local activists and community organizers and heard our their concerns, I took diligent notes, and spoke to local politicians on their concerns in a separate meeting with City Councillors. It is my job to act as a direct representative of the people to their elected representatives, if they will not listen to the people, perhaps they will listen to me. I had constructive meetings with local leaders, and after eating lunch outside and speaking to a few locals, I hunkered down for a few hours of legislative meetings on the constitution. A constitution, which, is very close to completion.

In the evening I visited the Caterpillar factory, where I met with local workers, and urged them to always work together for better conditions and wages. I heard out their concerns, and met with the business leaders as well to discuss the economy. Then I went on to tour the factory, where I took notes on their comments and provided on the spot guidance. I concluded my day with a visit to a local pharmacy where vaccines were being distributed. I've already got my Pfizer vaccination, but it was important to speak to those just now getting immunized.

With that concluded, I flew back to Gary, and from there I will fly commercial to Philadelphia.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2021, 10:56:23 PM »

Given the momentous triumph of the vote of the peoples of Lincoln to ratify the new constitution, and the magnitude of the vote, I hereby proclaim April 26th to be Lincoln Constitution Day. I thank the people and legislators of Lincoln for their tremendous work.

Signed

Governor KaiserDave

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2021, 01:24:21 PM »

Capital for a Day: Pittsburgh

Coming off the immense victory of the people in the recent elections and my campaigning for that, I have returned to my tours of the region to seek out the concerns of the people and to bring the affairs of government to all places. Today I flew in on my new gubernatorial prop plane, "The Proud Mallard" to a cheering distanced crowd at the airport. I was driven to the City Hall, where I took a small corner office. I was occupied with phone calls with local leaders in government, labor, and social activism for most of the day, but I made sure not to neglect in person outdoor discussions with student leaders, including high and middle school students to hear out there concerns.

I enjoyed dinner at an outdoor restaurant rather early, so I could make it to the Pirates game in the evening. PNC Park is wonderful, and made sure to talk with fans while munching on a soft pretzel. We talked about making the economy work for everyone, not just the few, and making sure that small businesses can make it Lincoln. I agreed with one small business owner, government regulation often can hurt more than it helps, and ultimately if not managed well, can benefit big business at the expense at the little guy. Government must always be well managed, and regulations must be well targeted. I concluded the day with a brief talk with local union leaders in person, before departing to Philadelphia. Thank you Pittsburgh.

The Pirates lost.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2021, 12:33:23 PM »

Capital for a Day: Peaks Island

I took the Casco Bay Line out to Peaks Island, the most populous island of Maine. I had driven from Burlington, and when I got to Portland, I briefly met with city leaders before heading out to the island. I took an office in the Peaks Island Library, where I signed proclamations on fishing, continued COVID-19 vigilance, and the Casco Bay Line. I spent the day mostly touring the island in a golf cart rental with the Mayor of Portland and some staff and met with locals. It was not a work heavy event.

I visited the Fifth Maine Regiment Museum, Grocery Store, restaurant, and Umbrella Cover Museum. In the evening, I visited the local fisherman on the docks to hear their concerns and provide on the spot guidance. My golf cart became a common site through the day, and I appreciated people cheering as I drove down the road. At the end of the day I "toured" the island's ice cream parlor, and returned to my office to thank the librarian.

Thank you Peaks Island, perhaps the capital for a day I enjoyed the most so far!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2021, 10:28:58 PM »

To the State Legislature of Michigan,
Friends, Comrades, Patriots, Countrymen,

I hear your concerns and I believe they are entirely valid. I will advise the Speaker to draft legislation, giving individual states the authority to establish recall elections if they so desire. It is my opinion that if a constituent state of Lincoln believes recall elections are in the best interest of their state, they should be allowed to conduct them.

Signed

Governor KaiserDave

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2021, 12:52:36 PM »
« Edited: May 12, 2021, 01:15:35 PM by KaiserDave »

The flag of the Region of Lincoln, as set out in LGC 10.3 will replace all current regional flags at all Lincoln government buildings throughout the country. On all official documents, buildings, and places where the flag of Lincoln is seen, the new flag is too replace the previous flags in all circumstances.

In all documents, buildings, and places and things where the seal of Lincoln is presented, the new seal will replace the old seal in all circumstances.

All government work must be conducted with the new flag and seal effective immediately.

Signed

Governor KaiserDave

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 11:52:21 AM »

Capital for a Day: Dayton

I was organizing electoral strategy and meeting with staffers at Lincoln Labor headquarters in Gary, and took my prop plane down to Dayton in the morning. I met a group of vaccinated folks, and for the first time, unmasked. I spoke to them on their concerns in the post pandemic world, and how in Lincoln, we're going to build a society, an economy, and a region that is more fair, and more just than before. Already in the General Court, the Labor Party is returning measures to regulate the great excesses of wealth we've seen, especially during this pandemic, as certain individuals profited extremely. But as I explained to these folks, that is just the beginning.

I settled into my office at the Dayton City Hall, to meet in person and without masks, with vaccinated city leaders and legislators. I had zoom meetings with local activists, and joined the Mayor for his COVID-19 press conference. I spent the late afternoon with a tour of the JBK Manufacturing & Development Co., where I took notes on the activities there from local workers, took notes on their concerns, and provided on the spot guidance. I was honored to be given a framed portrait of son of Dayton James M. Cox. I took a photo with the workers, and urged them to always work together collectively to assert their rights in the workplace.

I spent the evening with a nice dinner in Dayton, and flew all the way to Burlington through the night.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2021, 02:57:23 PM »

Capital for a Day: Bay City

I was still celebrating the victories of Labor in recent elections in Gary when I left for the airport to get into my gubernatorial propeller plane, the "The Proud Mallard" to fly out to the James Clement Airport. At the airport there was a (unmasked and vaccinated) crowd cheering and happy to greet me, but indeed it was I who was happy to greet them. I took a car with the local Mayor back into the city, where he introduced me to the town and discussed policy. I spent most of my day chatting with local leaders and activists on keeping the S.C. Johnson and Son plant open, the conditions of working families in the area, and keeping emergency services funded, especially in the face of the opioid epidemic.

I enjoyed a masked tour of the Bay Regional Medical Center, where I took notes on the concerns of hospital workers, spoke in a distanced manner with COVID-19 patients, and promised that even with vaccination efforts (while of course -reemphasizing the continuing importance to get vaccinated) we need a robust strategy to keep up a surplus of needed medical supplies (PPE, ventilators). I met with hospital officials, and provided on the spot guidance across the building.

I drove back to the airport to fly back to Gary that evening, and I will fly from Chicago back to New York City tomorrow.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2021, 02:40:41 PM »

Capital for a Day: Cooperstown

The drive to Cooperstown from Burlington is long but hardly overly arduous. When I arrived in town, I had to start with a visit to the Baseball Hall of Fame to pay tribute to the legends of the sport, I paid particular attention to the plaque for Larry Walker, who was neglected by the voters for very long.

I did not set up office in Cooperstown, but rather strolled down Main Street, stopping in every store to discuss baseball with the shopkeepers, and discuss how we're keeping small businesses open and thriving in Lincoln, and how we're moving into the post COVID world. I stopped in for an indoors lunch at a local diner, and spoke to the owner of the establishment on those same issues.

It was a nice relaxing day in the heart and soul of baseball, and I finished my day with a 5 inning ballgame with locals. I captained one team, and the Mayor the other, we had a great deal of fun! Lincoln is a region transformed over this past, term, we moved out of the shadow of the Philly Plan, and COVID-19 is next!

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2021, 01:10:35 PM »

Capital for a Day: Edgewater

I happened to be in New York City for official businesses, so the trip to Edgewater New Jersey for the first capital-for-a-day event for my new term was easy. I took a car over the the George Washington Bridge to the borough to begin my duties there. I took an office in the Town Hall, where I received deputations of local leaders and activists, where (finally!) we met mask free inside. Our conversations were dominated by the topic of jobs. Edgewater has a proud industrial history, but the transition out of that world has been rough, and the dysfunctional remains of once proud plants and refineries are a stark reminder of this.

We talked about my recently upheld veto of the highway act. I talked about why I thought new punitive taxes to pay for inefficient infrastructure wasn't the right way forward for jobs, but I stated my resolute desire for direct and indirect investment in jobs in places like Edgewater, without regressive and inefficient methods of taxation.

I toured the Ford Motor Company Edgewater Assembly Plant, which is one of the plants still standing. I listened to the workers and management on how they run their business, and how we can make new hirings easier.

I think this is one of the most important and helpful events we've had yet, and there are many more to be held.

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2021, 09:39:01 PM »

Governor Dave, as Speaker I present the following item that has been passed by the Lincoln General Court.

Title 9, Section 4 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

(a) In general.

A Gun License shall be required to purchase, sell, or possess a gun in Lincoln.

(b) License types.

There shall be the following categories of gun licenses
(1) Class A, for rifles and shotguns; and
(2) Class B, for Class A weapons and handguns.

(c) Renewal.

An individual shall be required to renew their Gun License every 3 years.

(d) Suspension.

An individual's Gun License may be temporarily or permanently suspended by the court as a result of a criminal conviction relating to the violation of this Act, a violation of another gun law, the use of a gun in a crime, a crime involving bodily harm, or domestic violence.

(e) Requirements.

An individual shall apply at a at a drivers license facility to get or renew a Gun License, where they shall
(1) undergo a universal comprehensive background check;
(2) not have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution by a court pass a mental health test issued by a psychologist, if they have a history of mental health issues.
(3) show proof of passing a gun training and safety course at a drivers license facility or on a drivers license facility website; and
(4) pass a gun safety exam at such drivers license facility.
(5) prove a demonstrated need for owning a firearm when they submit their license application

(f) Driver's licenses facility.

The Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing shall provide to drivers license facilities the necessary courses for gun training and safety, accessible both
(1) at the drivers license facility; and
(2) online.

(g) Waiting period.

An individual shall not receive a gun license for the first time no sooner than one week (168 hours) after applying for one.

(h) Failure to comply.

An individual that shall violate Subsection (a) may face the following penalties at the discretion of the court
(1) a fine not exceeding $100,000; or
(2) a term of imprisonment of no more than 10 consecutive years.

Title 9, Section 6 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

(a) In general.

No individual shall purchase, sell, or possess
(1) bump stocks;
(2) suppressors;
(3) magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition; and
(4) assault weapons, defined as semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic shotguns.
(5) folding or collapsible stocks
(6) bayonet lugs
(7) threaded barrels
(Cool grenade launchers
(9) barrel shrouds

(b) Penalties.

An individual that purchases or sells, or possesses one or more of the devices in Subsection (a) may face the following penalties at the discretion of the court

(c) The Police shall also be subject to these restrictions. Police conducting traffic stops shall no longer be permitted to carry any firearm. Special forces operations, including SWAT teams and counterterrorism units shall also be subject to these restrictions with the exception of (a)(4).

Title 9, Section 8 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

Any individual who is convicted of a crime involving the use of a gun any gun related offense, including any gun related crimes or possession of an illegal firearm may have any guns or gun accessories in the individual's possession permanently confiscated by Lincoln at the discretion of the court.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2021, 03:30:24 PM »
« Edited: July 19, 2021, 03:33:35 PM by KaiserDave »

Governor Dave, as Speaker I present the following item that has been passed by the Lincoln General Court.

Title 9, Section 4 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

(a) In general.

A Gun License shall be required to purchase, sell, or possess a gun in Lincoln.

(b) License types.

There shall be the following categories of gun licenses
(1) Class A, for rifles and shotguns; and
(2) Class B, for Class A weapons and handguns.

(c) Renewal.

An individual shall be required to renew their Gun License every 3 years.

(d) Suspension.

An individual's Gun License may be temporarily or permanently suspended by the court as a result of a criminal conviction relating to the violation of this Act, a violation of another gun law, the use of a gun in a crime, a crime involving bodily harm, or domestic violence.

(e) Requirements.

An individual shall apply at a at a drivers license facility to get or renew a Gun License, where they shall
(1) undergo a universal comprehensive background check;
(2) not have been adjudicated as a mental defective or committed to a mental institution by a court pass a mental health test issued by a psychologist, if they have a history of mental health issues.
(3) show proof of passing a gun training and safety course at a drivers license facility or on a drivers license facility website; and
(4) pass a gun safety exam at such drivers license facility.
(5) prove a demonstrated need for owning a firearm when they submit their license application

(f) Driver's licenses facility.

The Bureau of Firearm Safety and Licensing shall provide to drivers license facilities the necessary courses for gun training and safety, accessible both
(1) at the drivers license facility; and
(2) online.

(g) Waiting period.

An individual shall not receive a gun license for the first time no sooner than one week (168 hours) after applying for one.

(h) Failure to comply.

An individual that shall violate Subsection (a) may face the following penalties at the discretion of the court

Title 9, Section 6 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

(a) In general.

No individual shall purchase, sell, or possess
(1) bump stocks;
(2) suppressors;
(3) magazines that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition; and
(4) assault weapons, defined as semi-automatic rifles and semi-automatic shotguns.
(5) folding or collapsible stocks
(6) bayonet lugs
(7) threaded barrels
(Cool grenade launchers
(9) barrel shrouds

(b) Penalties.

An individual that purchases or sells, or possesses one or more of the devices in Subsection (a) may face the following penalties at the discretion of the court

(c) The Police shall also be subject to these restrictions. Police conducting traffic stops shall no longer be permitted to carry any firearm. Special forces operations, including SWAT teams and counterterrorism units shall also be subject to these restrictions with the exception of (a)(4).

Title 9, Section 8 of the Consolidate Laws of Lincoln Omnibus Act is amended as follows:

Any individual who is convicted of a crime involving the use of a gun any gun related offense, including any gun related crimes or possession of an illegal firearm may have any guns or gun accessories in the individual's possession permanently confiscated by Lincoln at the discretion of the court.

Sorry, going to have to veto this, again. Nobody has addressed the concern I told Deputy Dwarven Dragon a while ago, what is "demonstrated need"? I'm aware it's a change from "adequate need" but I'm not sure that is any significant difference. Please provide specifics and I will sign this. Just, please specify anything. This is an extremely important item to an otherwise good bill, and it is far too vague. This could lead to unelected bureaucrats single handedly declining reasonable permit requests.

KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2021, 08:17:37 PM »
« Edited: July 21, 2021, 06:39:20 AM by KaiserDave »

I appoint the honorable Ted Bessell as Counsel for the Lincoln Government in S019 vs Lincoln

Signed

Governor KaiserDave

Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #23 on: July 25, 2021, 07:57:43 PM »
« Edited: July 26, 2021, 10:09:59 AM by John Adams »

Mr. Governor, here are two recent bills for your consideration.

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=454607.msg8181095#msg8181095
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=454381.msg8181096#msg8181096

Edit: two more

https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=454316.0
https://talkelections.org/FORUM/index.php?topic=455442.0
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix

P