Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:37:36 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes, first shot

Yes, final shot

Yes, scheduled

Yes, not scheduled

undecided

No, I don't want the shot(s)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 173

Author Topic: Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote  (Read 7857 times)
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« on: March 24, 2021, 09:54:33 PM »

How have so many Americans had their first shot? I wouldn't have thought that most of you would've been eligible.

Many people on Atlas are either not at all in good shape, or they are essential workers. We also have a few olds.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2021, 10:44:22 PM »

How have so many Americans had their first shot? I wouldn't have thought that most of you would've been eligible.

Many people on Atlas are either not at all in good shape, or they are essential workers. We also have a few olds.

There are lots of other loopholes and special dispensations too.  E.g., in some places you can get a shot if you volunteer at the place giving the shots.  And then my Mom got her vaccination because she works for a health care company....even though she works as an accountant rather than as a front line worker.

Yeah my uncle got his because his girlfriend is a nurse.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2021, 03:20:39 PM »

Not sure if I mentioned it anywhere but I received both doses in February.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2021, 05:54:21 PM »

If the UK’s vaccine rollout stays on track, I should hopefully be offered my first shot by the end of July. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a bit perplexed as to how so many young Americans on Atlas have already got the vaccine; in fact, considering that the US’s percentage vaccinated is lower than the UK’s, it leaves me a bit worried that older Americans are missing out.

A ton of older Americans are skeptical of the vaccine and refusing to make appointments. Particularly Trump voters and people in poor African American areas who are rightfully weary of the medical community from years of bias in the field. They can only give the vaccine to people who want to get appointments.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2021, 06:19:07 PM »

If the UK’s vaccine rollout stays on track, I should hopefully be offered my first shot by the end of July. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a bit perplexed as to how so many young Americans on Atlas have already got the vaccine; in fact, considering that the US’s percentage vaccinated is lower than the UK’s, it leaves me a bit worried that older Americans are missing out.

A ton of older Americans are skeptical of the vaccine and refusing to make appointments. Particularly Trump voters and people in poor African American areas who are rightfully weary of the medical community from years of bias in the field. They can only give the vaccine to people who want to get appointments.

Aren't American health autorities calling old people instead and telling them stuff like "hey there is an appointment free for next week, do you want it?"

Depends on the state. This is on a state-by-state basis. Some states like Florida have pants-on-their-head morons for governors, and left the whole vaccine rollout to a grocery store chain whose owner happens to be a donor of his.
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix

P

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2021, 12:48:30 PM »

By the time many people get their first dose, I'll need a booster shot.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies