Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:00:54 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes, first shot

Yes, final shot

Yes, scheduled

Yes, not scheduled

undecided

No, I don't want the shot(s)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 173

Author Topic: Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote  (Read 7832 times)
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.39, S: -6.96

P P
« on: March 25, 2021, 09:21:40 AM »

How have so many Americans had their first shot? I wouldn't have thought that most of you would've been eligible.

Many people on Atlas are either not at all in good shape, or they are essential workers. We also have a few olds.

Yeah, I’ve been surprised at how many young Americans on Atlas have had the vaccine. In the UK, we’ve vaccinated a higher % of our population than the US, but I don’t think I know of anyone under the age of 50 who’s not a healthcare worker or not extremely clinically vulnerable who’s had a shot.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2021, 05:14:42 PM »

If the UK’s vaccine rollout stays on track, I should hopefully be offered my first shot by the end of July. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a bit perplexed as to how so many young Americans on Atlas have already got the vaccine; in fact, considering that the US’s percentage vaccinated is lower than the UK’s, it leaves me a bit worried that older Americans are missing out.
Alcibiades
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix

P P
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 04:40:04 AM »

Better if the olds go first. Don’t want to take away their vaccines.

Young, healthy people getting vaxxed now are selfish.

Only if you don't live in the US, UK, or Israel. I'm sure there other countries that have thoroughly vaccinated their olds too, but I don't know them off-hand.

Yes, but even in the UK there are basically no healthy people in their 20s or 30s who have been vaccinated, although we’ve vaccinated a higher percentage of our population than the US. Compared to the US, we’ve prioritised getting it too as many old and clinically vulnerable people as possible first.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies