Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:38:46 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Poll
Question: skip
Yes, first shot

Yes, final shot

Yes, scheduled

Yes, not scheduled

undecided

No, I don't want the shot(s)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 173

Author Topic: Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote  (Read 7849 times)
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.48, S: -3.30

« on: March 24, 2021, 03:37:39 PM »

I’ll be scheduling an appointment to get vaccinated as soon as I become eligible. Funny story time: I was actually already eligible - or so I thought, anyway - for a little less than a day at the beginning of March, when DeSantis opened up vaccine eligibility in the state to everybody under the age of 65 suffering from a comorbidity with a doctor’s note attesting to it. When he did so, I immediately scheduled a telehealth appointment for the very next day with my primary care provider in order to obtain that doctor’s note - an official FL Dept. of Health form - that’d be necessary in order for me to obtain the vaccine at a local pharmacy, & when I made the call scheduling the appointment, I was more-or-less assured that based on the comorbidity guidelines which they’d been provided with, the appointment that I was scheduling would merely constitute a formality & that my scheduling the appointment wasn’t a waste of my time or anything because I’d be able to get the form I’d need from them in order to get the vaccine, as my comorbidity (supposedly) fell within their guidelines. Hours later, though, I get a follow-up call from them informing me that they’d received updated guidelines from the state & that they’d confirmed with the state that my comorbidity had been removed from their list of guidelines, so they recommended I just cancel my appointment - which I did - because I now wouldn’t qualify to receive the form that I was otherwise eligible to receive just hours earlier & that I would’ve been able to get (meaning I would’ve already been vaccinated by now) had my appointment been scheduleable for literally a day earlier.

Long story short, f**k Ron DeSantis.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2021, 02:51:34 AM »

Also, it probably doesn't hurt that - overall - vaccination is one of the few things that we as America actually didn't really f**k up in any significant way, especially compared to much of the rest of the world, incl. Canada & Europe sans the U.K.
brucejoel99
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2021, 02:31:43 PM »

Got dose #1 of Moderna yesterday with my 2nd appt. scheduled for Apr. 29th!
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies