Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 12:05:44 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Forum Community
  Forum Community (Moderators: The Dowager Mod, YE, KoopaDaQuick 🇵🇸)
  Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote
« previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7
Poll
Question: skip
Yes, first shot

Yes, final shot

Yes, scheduled

Yes, not scheduled

undecided

No, I don't want the shot(s)

Show Pie Chart
Partisan results

Total Voters: 173

Author Topic: Have you or will you get vaccinated (Covid)? U can change vote  (Read 7845 times)
fhtagn
Atlas Icon
Vatican City State

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #75 on: March 27, 2021, 05:59:55 PM »

If the UK’s vaccine rollout stays on track, I should hopefully be offered my first shot by the end of July. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a bit perplexed as to how so many young Americans on Atlas have already got the vaccine; in fact, considering that the US’s percentage vaccinated is lower than the UK’s, it leaves me a bit worried that older Americans are missing out.

Yes, it hasn't exactly been rolled out in a fair manner. I'm getting sick of hearing of all the healthy 20 year olds who already got their second shot.

Not saying it's the case for all of them, but there certainly are many people in their 20s (or even 30s) that have health issues that qualify them for getting the vaccine sooner, or they work in places where they are in close contact with the public.
Never Made it to Graceland
Crane
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
Israel

Political Matrix
E: -8.16, S: 3.22

P

« Reply #76 on: March 27, 2021, 06:19:07 PM »

If the UK’s vaccine rollout stays on track, I should hopefully be offered my first shot by the end of July. As I’ve already mentioned, I’m a bit perplexed as to how so many young Americans on Atlas have already got the vaccine; in fact, considering that the US’s percentage vaccinated is lower than the UK’s, it leaves me a bit worried that older Americans are missing out.

A ton of older Americans are skeptical of the vaccine and refusing to make appointments. Particularly Trump voters and people in poor African American areas who are rightfully weary of the medical community from years of bias in the field. They can only give the vaccine to people who want to get appointments.

Aren't American health autorities calling old people instead and telling them stuff like "hey there is an appointment free for next week, do you want it?"

Depends on the state. This is on a state-by-state basis. Some states like Florida have pants-on-their-head morons for governors, and left the whole vaccine rollout to a grocery store chain whose owner happens to be a donor of his.
Diabolical Materialism
SlamDunk

« Reply #77 on: March 27, 2021, 06:31:34 PM »
« Edited: March 27, 2021, 07:27:11 PM by Cocaine Khrushchev »

A ton of older Americans are skeptical of the vaccine and refusing to make appointments. Particularly Trump voters and people in poor African American areas who are rightfully weary of the medical community from years of bias in the field. They can only give the vaccine to people who want to get appointments.

Aren't American health autorities calling old people instead and telling them stuff like "hey there is an appointment free for next week, do you want it?"

Depends on the state. This is on a state-by-state basis. Some states like Florida have pants-on-their-head morons for governors, and left the whole vaccine rollout to a grocery store chain whose owner happens to be a donor of his.
To be fair you can't walk two steps in Florida without accidentally entering a Publix
○∙◄☻¥tπ[╪AV┼cVê└
jfern
Atlas Institution

Political Matrix
E: -7.38, S: -8.36

« Reply #78 on: March 27, 2021, 09:49:08 PM »

Absolutely not, and they made it quite hard to get signed up.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #79 on: March 30, 2021, 11:51:13 AM »

Yesterday I learned that my city was offering a one-day pop-up vaccine site in partnership with Albertsons/Jewel-Osco on Mar 31. Recently the state also determined that government workers also are now eligible, and I'm currently working as a consultant to the state.

The scheduling app is opaque in that you go through a number of steps just to see that there are no times available for the only site and day its keyed to. When there was a time available as happened once yesterday there are a lot of fields to enter, and even with autofill, by the time I hit submit, the time slot was gone. Still I kept trying it roughly every hour including waking myself up a few times overnight.

Just after 8 this morning two times showed up in the app. I selected the earlier time and autofilled the form and just like yesterday after I submitted the time was unavailable. But the app asked if I wanted to use the other time slot. I did, and it didn't request that I fill everything in, but used what I had filled in moments before. Voila, I have an appointment tomorrow afternoon for dose 1 which I assume is Pfizer since I'm told that I will be able to schedule a second dose for April 21.
Fuzzy Bear
Atlas Star
United States

WWW Show only this user's posts in this thread
« Reply #80 on: March 30, 2021, 12:13:25 PM »

Just got my 2nd Pfizer shot.
Stuart98
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.35, S: -5.83

« Reply #81 on: March 30, 2021, 12:13:56 PM »

First shot's scheduled for Friday.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #82 on: March 30, 2021, 01:33:53 PM »

Just got my first Pfizer shot today. Totally painless injection, but I hear my arm will be sore for a bit. So far, so good.
Fmr. Pres. Duke
AHDuke99
Atlas Star

Political Matrix
E: -1.94, S: -3.13

P P
« Reply #83 on: March 30, 2021, 01:36:39 PM »

Yes, it hasn't exactly been rolled out in a fair manner. I'm getting sick of hearing of all the healthy 20 year olds who already got their second shot.

Not saying it's the case for all of them, but there certainly are many people in their 20s (or even 30s) that have health issues that qualify them for getting the vaccine sooner, or they work in places where they are in close contact with the public.

Also, there are probably a lot of anti-vaxxers that don't want to be bothered in the US. South Carolina opened theirs to everyone starting tomorrow because we have a good supply and no one seems terribly interested in getting the shot.

It took me 5 minutes to get mine today, although I qualified because I've been going into work around people since last May. There were plenty of openings at pharmacies and at the medical university.
Ferguson97
Atlas Star
United States

P P P
« Reply #84 on: March 30, 2021, 04:08:47 PM »

Scheduled to get my first shot on Friday
The Dowager Mod
texasgurl
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -9.48, S: -8.57

P P P

« Reply #85 on: March 30, 2021, 04:39:49 PM »

My second shot is scheduled for the 14th, my husband died from COVID on the 12th last year, kind of an odd coincidence.
muon2
Moderators
Atlas Icon

« Reply #86 on: March 30, 2021, 06:33:20 PM »

My second shot is scheduled for the 14th, my husband died from COVID on the 12th last year, kind of an odd coincidence.

I'm so sorry to hear that.
KaiserDave
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -5.81, S: -5.39

P

« Reply #87 on: March 30, 2021, 06:35:11 PM »

Glorious news!
Co-Chair Bagel23
Bagel23
Atlas Icon
United States

Political Matrix
E: -1.48, S: -1.83

« Reply #88 on: March 30, 2021, 08:16:33 PM »

I thought you were responding to the same quote as muon was above you and I was like wtf for a second there lol
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2021, 03:06:26 AM »

I got my first shot this week. Team Pfizer, but I would have been happy with Moderna too. Arm was definitely sore the next day, like the after-effect muscle pain of getting punched in the arm. It was definitely noticeable the morning after since I sleep on my side (and I alternate sides when I sleep). I still have a bit of weakness in my arm and it's sore if I touch it. But overall, so far so good. No regrets and I definitely feel a bit of relief.

Interestingly, the second dose is scheduled for 4 weeks later. Pfizer is typically 3 weeks between shots, but CDC guidelines only mention minimums for each vaccine (3 weeks for Pfizer, 4 weeks for Moderna) and anything up to 6 weeks is fine.

My condolences. I remember you mentioned that before, but I didn't know it was COVID.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix
E: -7.42, S: -4.78

P P P
« Reply #90 on: April 02, 2021, 04:51:35 AM »

I had my first dose today (an hour ago). I had no side effects. It was modesta. Everything went quite smoothly and quick.
politicallefty
Junior Chimp
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -3.87, S: -9.22

P P
« Reply #91 on: April 02, 2021, 04:55:35 AM »

I had my first dose today (an hour ago). I had no side effects. It was modesta. Everything went quite smoothly and quick.

Do you mean Moderna? If so, you'll probably get some arm pain in several hours and it'll be especially sore tomorrow. If it's not Moderna, I've never heard of that vaccine.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2021, 06:32:00 AM »

Do you mean Moderna? If so, you'll probably get some arm pain in several hours and it'll be especially sore tomorrow. If it's not Moderna, I've never heard of that vaccine.
Yes moderna.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2021, 06:39:40 AM »

Normally, given my age and natural health, i would have to wait a bit longer, probably end of summer / beginning of autumn, but since I currently am still tied to a psychiatric institution (though i almost never go there atm, just some periodic appointments with a psychiatrist), i got invited to get the vaccine together with all people currently residing within that psychiatric institution, "the day clinic" who apparently got the opportunity to vaccinate all patients (and everyone connected to it) earlier, so this is why mine is so early, for people wondering why i already got my first shot. I'm not refusing such an offer of course.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #94 on: April 02, 2021, 06:42:58 AM »

In terms of side effects, yes i feel something, but it seems like i have this with every injection (even minor ones) and other vaccinations (like hepatitis vaccinations and stuff like that), mostly "the stiff kind of arm" but it's not that bad. Probably will indeed get a bit worse, but so be it.
Joe Biden 2024
Gorguf

« Reply #95 on: April 02, 2021, 07:54:21 AM »

I get my first shot Tuesday.
President of the great nation of 🏳️‍⚧️
Peebs
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #96 on: April 02, 2021, 08:50:23 AM »

It's scheduled now. April 3 and May 1.
Former President tack50
tack50
Atlas Politician
Atlas Icon
Spain

« Reply #97 on: April 02, 2021, 09:54:53 AM »

Decided to check the calculator I look at that roughly estimates when you'll get vaccinated. At current vaccination pace (roughly 51k doses/week in my region) I'll get vaccinated anywhere between February 18th and June 12th....... 2022

Even at the maximum pace the calculator allows (500k doses/day), I wouldn't get vaccinated until at the very least November 2021.

Either way, I know for a fact I ain't getting vaccinated until autumn 2021 at best.
Senator-elect Spark
Spark498
Atlas Politician
Junior Chimp
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.58, S: 0.00

P P P
« Reply #98 on: April 02, 2021, 10:23:09 AM »
« Edited: April 03, 2021, 09:44:30 AM by Southern Senator Spark »

Just cancelled my appointment for Pfizer and rescheduled. I have some serious vaccine hesitancy due to my last vaccine experience, now my appointment is on April 7.
LAKISYLVANIA
Lakigigar
Atlas Icon
Belgium

Political Matrix

P P P
« Reply #99 on: April 02, 2021, 11:38:21 AM »

Decided to check the calculator I look at that roughly estimates when you'll get vaccinated. At current vaccination pace (roughly 51k doses/week in my region) I'll get vaccinated anywhere between February 18th and June 12th....... 2022

Even at the maximum pace the calculator allows (500k doses/day), I wouldn't get vaccinated until at the very least November 2021.

Either way, I know for a fact I ain't getting vaccinated until autumn 2021 at best.

Another year of having literally no life, pff. I can't take this anymore.

Seem to have indeed experience some side effects. That sore arm is certainly a thing. But I feel exhausted, tired and quite unwell (even start to feel like a fever is incoming), but we will see.

Other people that got the same dose, still feel great or okay, so it seems to be only me.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies