S Korean 4/7 By-Elections (user search)
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 10:22:10 AM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Other Elections - Analysis and Discussion
  International Elections (Moderators: afleitch, Hash)
  S Korean 4/7 By-Elections (search mode)
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: S Korean 4/7 By-Elections  (Read 965 times)
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« on: March 27, 2021, 02:57:08 PM »

Interesting. I was following this race earlier in the month and it looked catastrophic for the right even outside of vote splitting with the Democratic Party nom winning even in a head to head. Did something happen recently?

Also feel kind of bad for Ahn. I'm pretty sure he'd be pretty good if he actually got into office, but he's had bad luck.
Octowakandi
Octosteel
United States

« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2021, 11:21:54 PM »

This is very interesting in that it means PPP isn't so weak that it's easy for Prosecutor General Yoon to take over and he'll have to work with the party figures. But ultimately I don't think he will be nominated who wants someone who hasn't worked with the party to just take over your party and lead it to an election that you have a very good chance of winning anyway.

Oh I imagine will be talked about for President, but I don't think he can realistically run one year after being elected and considering his history of blowing and almost blowing elections. The biggest quesiton is who the conservatives will nominate considering the concern with Yoon being not a party creature and the complete lack of bench in the party. The PPP would be in a better situation if Na Kyung-won was nominated for Mayor in that she would actually be in a decent position for 2022.
Pages: [1]  
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies