NC - Meredith College: Jackson, Beasley and Smith deadlocked | Trump, McCrory lead
       |           

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 05:22:51 PM
News: Election Simulator 2.0 Released. Senate/Gubernatorial maps, proportional electoral votes, and more - Read more

Talk Elections
  Election Archive
  Election Archive
  2022 Senate & House Election Polls
  NC - Meredith College: Jackson, Beasley and Smith deadlocked | Trump, McCrory lead
« previous next »
Pages: [1]
Author Topic: NC - Meredith College: Jackson, Beasley and Smith deadlocked | Trump, McCrory lead  (Read 840 times)
VAR
VARepublican
Junior Chimp
United States

Show only this user's posts in this thread
« on: March 22, 2021, 09:26:22 AM »

March 12-15
699 registered voters
MoE: 3.5%

Democratic primary
312 registered voters

Jackson 13%
Beasley 13%
Smith 11%
Watkins 4%
Someone else 3%
Don’t know 57%

Republican primary
217 registered voters

Trump 27%
McCrory 17%
Walker 7%
Budd 6%
Someone else 4%
Don’t know 39%

Biden approval: 56/40 (+16)
Cooper approval: 52/41 (+11)

https://www.meredith.edu/assets/images/content/Meredith_Poll_Report_Spring_2021_final.pdf
S019
Atlas Icon
Ukraine

Political Matrix
E: -4.13, S: -1.39

P P P

« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2021, 09:27:32 AM »

I can't help but laugh at Mark Walker, he seriously thought he was going to get a clean lane in 2022 and didn't fight the legislative map because of that, and now it looks like he probably won't be nominated. Also hoping Beasley wins the nomination, 13% is good for a candidate who isn't even in it yet, unlike Jackson who's already campaigning.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2021, 09:28:09 AM »

Biden has a higher approval than Cooper? I guess a 2024 Bidenslide (every state except FL) is inevitable, folks.
Left Wing
FalterinArc
YaBB God
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -8.26, S: -6.09

« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2021, 09:38:32 AM »

Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2021, 09:45:06 AM »

Good news for Jackson on NC
If my soul was made of stone
discovolante
YaBB God
United States

Political Matrix
E: -8.13, S: -5.57

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2021, 10:31:50 AM »

The whole reason that Roy Cooper got the governor's chair in the first place, and especially the reason that he held onto it in 2020 while Dems everywhere else on the ballot got a sad drubbing and non-federal statewide elections continued to creep red, is that he's effectively powerless, so it's quite strange that Biden is more popular than him now. I imagine that it's a typically inflated number for early in his tenure, however, and that it'll make its way back down until it reflects the state's perma-Lean R federal partisanship that it's held since 1992 with only intermittent exceptions.

The closeness of the Democratic primary is fascinating. I'd be fine with either Beasley or Jackson personally, although I sincerely doubt that either will win at this juncture. Mark Walker's sorry showing is amusing, although tarnished by demonstration of the evident staying power of the Trump and McCrory brands, which should be decisively dead by now (especially for irrelevant Trumps).

I get the sense that she's done with politics for good, but I perversely wonder what would happen if Cherie Berry ran.
Malarkey Decider
United States

« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2021, 10:53:41 AM »

The whole reason that Roy Cooper got the governor's chair in the first place, and especially the reason that he held onto it in 2020 while Dems everywhere else on the ballot got a sad drubbing and non-federal statewide elections continued to creep red, is that he's effectively powerless, so it's quite strange that Biden is more popular than him now. I imagine that it's a typically inflated number for early in his tenure, however, and that it'll make its way back down until it reflects the state's perma-Lean R federal partisanship that it's held since 1992 with only intermittent exceptions.

The closeness of the Democratic primary is fascinating. I'd be fine with either Beasley or Jackson personally, although I sincerely doubt that either will win at this juncture. Mark Walker's sorry showing is amusing, although tarnished by demonstration of the evident staying power of the Trump and McCrory brands, which should be decisively dead by now (especially for irrelevant Trumps).

I get the sense that she's done with politics for good, but I perversely wonder what would happen if Cherie Berry ran.

It's 312 people
Sir Mohamed
MohamedChalid
Atlas Star
United States

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2021, 10:55:38 AM »

Making predictions 18 months out based on a poll with a sample of less than 700 RVs is hilarious.
Amenhotep Bakari-Sellers
olawakandi
Atlas Institution
Jamaica
Political Matrix
E: -6.84, S: -0.17

« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2021, 11:01:17 AM »

But, it's also Hilarious that just because Trump won the state by 1.5 and it was considered a swing state, that NC is this R trending state all of a sudden which it's not, same with FL, both are swing states not permanent R states
beesley
Junior Chimp
United Kingdom

Political Matrix
E: -4.52, S: 2.61

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2021, 11:32:16 AM »

You can't effectively add two polls together and claim it's a reasonable sample size lmao
MT Treasurer
IndyRep
Atlas Icon
United States

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2021, 12:56:39 PM »

This is one of those states where Democrats have been grossly overestimated in pre-election polling for several election cycles in a row now.

Making predictions 18 months out based on a poll with a sample of less than 700 RVs is hilarious.

Ftfy. Actually, wait:

Actually....

Making predictions 18 months out based on a[ny] poll with a sample of less than 700 RVs is hilarious.

Now it’s fixed.
Xing
xingkerui
Atlas Superstar
United States

Political Matrix
E: -6.52, S: -3.91

P P P
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2021, 03:53:53 PM »

This is one of those states where Democrats have been grossly overestimated in pre-election polling for several election cycles in a row now.

Ftfy. Actually, wait:

Actually....

Making predictions 18 months out based on a[ny] poll with a sample of less than 700 RVs is hilarious.

Now it’s fixed.

Why not go all the way?

Grumpier Than Thou
20RP12
Atlas Superstar
United States
Political Matrix
E: -5.29, S: -7.13

« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2021, 04:02:57 PM »

Ftfy. Actually, wait:

Actually....

Now it’s fixed.

Why not go all the way?

Nah, I got you:

GALeftist
sansymcsansface
YaBB God

Political Matrix
E: -7.29, S: -9.48

P
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 04:44:46 PM »

Making [P]redictions 18 months out based on a poll with a sample of less than 700 RVs [are] hilarious.
Pages: [1]  
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Login with username, password and session length

Terms of Service - DMCA Agent and Policy - Privacy Policy and Cookies